yoshire

United States

#2729 Dec 19, 2012
The navy sucks. Your around a bunch of wack ass muthafuckaz all the time, the boat sux, everything is done last minute, and as we all know if it makes sense then the navy navy is doing the opposite. Our sailors, aircraft and ships are being overworked. All we do is here chiefs bitch about how the new navy is a pussy navy. NKO sucks. Always a line for everything. We are very wasteful. People love the navy cuz its the thing they have going for them. Work is only done correctly when convenient. A lot of work is done for ABSOLUTELY no reason. Since when was it a crime to take a nap there people doing far worse things than me taking a nap. I especially hate when senior sailors tell me that there are no jobs out there in the civilian world. When was the last time they worked in the civilian world. People stank. I'm getting out I was happier when I was broke.
AC Smith

Bonita Springs, FL

#2730 Dec 19, 2012
How many of these threads do you really need to put up seriously if hate the navy get out. Yeah you signed the contract but there IS a way out. So stop your complaining and do something productive in life and that's 1. Leave the Navy so those who are actually proud to be in or want to be in can take your place and 2. Save us all the embarrassment of having you representing us as a "proud" sailor. PS you should have known what you got into before you signed the contract, that's just common sense dude.
ABH1

Everett, WA

#2731 Dec 22, 2012
I can understand where you're coming from but remember this. What you have experienced is just a small portion of the navy. Just like you have only lived a small portion of life. I'm not saying that the navy doesn't have its problems but so does everywhere else. If you choose not to continue in the navy that is your choice. Thank you for your service and I hope you find what your looking for as a civilian.
munum

Pittsburgh, PA

#2732 Dec 22, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Free-Dumb is a Dumb Word
Johnny5

Bronx, NY

#2733 Dec 24, 2012
Its a sacrifice...yea your right its christmas and guess what im spending it alone in the barracks. The marines overseas have peace of mind knowing that they are protecting their country I don't get it because the only thing I protect are floors from getting dirt on them. I hate this I haven't done anything for my country but custodial work.
Ross

Ventura, CA

#2734 Dec 27, 2012
I did four year Navy many years ago. After I was honorably discharge, I blamed the Navy for screwing me over for this and that, etc. The Navy was not my cup of tea, except I liked the countries I visited and earned the rank of E-5. My advice to those who are currently in the Navy and disliked it. KEEP YOUR NOSE CLEAN AND DO YOUR TIME HONORABLY. The real truth is that no one twisted our arms to join the Navy. Honorably discharge has it's perks such as receiving VA medical.
Johnny5

Portsmouth, VA

#2735 Dec 31, 2012
You cant get out unless you want an admin sep, or dd. Im not going to fuck up the next 60 years of my life because of that despite how much i dont like it its a commitment that i will stick to. yes im complaining i know. but seriously this sucks. im not an irresponsible slacker type of person. i dont expect anything to go my way all the time. i didnt join for college because my college is already paid for, and i didnt join for money or benefits. I joined for the simple idea that i wanted to SERVE my country honorably. I wanted to excel and PROVE myself and help and defend my home. I havent done that. I have been put on the back burner of the Navy, if i was told i could go to iraq or any deployment i would jump at the chance instead like i said im sweeping floors for 8 hours a day and taking out garbage.My skills arent being utilized at all no recruiter NOBODY told me this, my research didnt tell me this. I have talents I have drive and no one cares or pays attention. I hate it mostly because now it is a waste of time, i havent learned anything and while other people are moving forward with their skills and life and career choices. Im not moving forward at all im stuck in limbo taking out garbage. thursday i had no work to do i had to come to work and there was nothing to do because everything was all done, so you know what i did i poured whit paint all over the floor and let it dry so the next day i came in to work i could clean it up so i had something to do. So can most of you understand why some dislike the Navy. am i supposed to be happy that im getting paid. because im not money means nothing without purpose to spend it.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2736 Jan 5, 2013
Johnny5 wrote:
You cant get out unless you want an admin sep, or dd. Im not going to fuck up the next 60 years of my life because of that despite how much i dont like it its a commitment that i will stick to. yes im complaining i know. but seriously this sucks. im not an irresponsible slacker type of person. i dont expect anything to go my way all the time. i didnt join for college because my college is already paid for, and i didnt join for money or benefits. I joined for the simple idea that i wanted to SERVE my country honorably. I wanted to excel and PROVE myself and help and defend my home. I havent done that. I have been put on the back burner of the Navy, if i was told i could go to iraq or any deployment i would jump at the chance instead like i said im sweeping floors for 8 hours a day and taking out garbage.My skills arent being utilized at all no recruiter NOBODY told me this, my research didnt tell me this. I have talents I have drive and no one cares or pays attention. I hate it mostly because now it is a waste of time, i havent learned anything and while other people are moving forward with their skills and life and career choices. Im not moving forward at all im stuck in limbo taking out garbage. thursday i had no work to do i had to come to work and there was nothing to do because everything was all done, so you know what i did i poured whit paint all over the floor and let it dry so the next day i came in to work i could clean it up so i had something to do. So can most of you understand why some dislike the Navy. am i supposed to be happy that im getting paid. because im not money means nothing without purpose to spend it.
Just out of curiousity, why did you join the Navy when we were at War in two Middle Eastern Countries that are Desert and Mountain Terrain, if you wanted to be in the Middle of the Action?
Johnny5

Portsmouth, VA

#2737 Jan 6, 2013
The leadership an responsibility, i grew up around ships and the ocean and I was in Nrotc for 3 years.

]Its funny how it works, I had more responsibility in my higshchool nrotc class than I do in the real Navy.
ABC

Memphis, TN

#2738 Jan 9, 2013
I agree with the majority of the information on this forum. I too having grown increasingly tired and disgusted with Navy life .I have been busting my tale for almost two years and I am currently fifteen hours shy of earning a bachelor’s degree in Business Management. I have been in the Navy for seven years, and I currently have eight months remaining on my contract. Just the thought of getting out sounds wonderful I would not have to worry about having to deploy, additionally life outside the Navy should provide me much more time to spend with my family. On the flip side as much as I disdain the Navy I feel that getting out at this time might not be such a good idea because I am married with three small children all under four, coupled with the current state of our economy and rising health care I feel getting out could place my family in undue financial hardship.
I have thought about attempting to become an officer because the pay and retirement is far superior to retiring as enlisted. I feel that if I need to stay in why not maximize my families earning potential? I know that if I am not happy I should probably get out, I just feel trapped and wish there was a logical way out without placing my family at a hardship. I do not want to get out of the Navy and have to start all over again. I know that we must all retire someday and if I can survive another thirteen years in the Navy, even in the worst case scenario my wife and I are unable to save adequately for retirement we would have the guaranteed enlisted or officer retirement for life to count on.
noftogive

Aiea, HI

#2739 Jan 10, 2013
Yes, the economy is not the greatest, but it's also not that bad. There is A LOT of veteran supporting company's and with time in, job experience and a degree you'll defiantly land a job. You may take a small pay cut, but that's worth the happiness and quality of time you'll get with your kids that you otherwise will not get being in. It's not worth it man, the world's so beautiful out here. You don't need those garbage people and work settings. Time with family and a greater sense of freedom from what you've know for 7 years will do you well.
Swcc

Everett, WA

#2740 Jan 10, 2013
None of you have a clue. You're all just a bunch of complaining pukes that can't handle being away from mommy.
Chiling

United States

#2741 Jan 11, 2013
I've enjoyed my time in the Navy. Okay, maybe not enjoyed the job aspect as much, but I like the opportunities it has afforded me. I never expected to one day live in California or Hawaii. I like that I don't have to worry about money or where I'm going to live or whether or not I'll have health insurance (even if the health care itself is a little iffy...) I never expected it to be easy and it certainly hasn't been. Not everyone I serve with is perfect (understatement of the year) but I've met plenty of good people here. Even though being in the Navy has forced me to be separated from my husband for most of our marriage, I have no complaints. After all, it is expected in the military that you will go through many trials. For anyone to expect different is just naïveté.
Row

Corsicana, TX

#2742 Jan 11, 2013
My Navy Experience wrote:
After high school, I enlisted in the Navy for 5 long years (1996-2001). I must have done an excellent job because I was nominated for Junior Sailor of the Quarter five times. But frankly, I hated the Navy; it wasn't the life I wanted. Honestly, I thought I could do better. I'm going to refrain from giving specifics to avoid future debates. The only positive benefit that I received was the G.I. Bill and I've already used it for my undergraduate degree. Currently, I'm finishing my master degree.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO FOLLOW THESE FOOT STEPS. MAIN REASON I JOINED NAVY WAS TO GET MY COLLEGE PAID FOR. I SHIP OUT IN 30 DAYS.
noftogive

Aiea, HI

#2743 Jan 11, 2013
Swcc wrote:
None of you have a clue. You're all just a bunch of complaining pukes that can't handle being away from mommy.
Typical navy moron response. Keep using your neanderthal level thinking and insults tough guy.
navy lady

Eatontown, NJ

#2744 Jan 15, 2013
EBONY EYES wrote:
YOUR WRONG PETTY OFFICER. ITS NOT THE SAME AS THE CIVILIAN WORLD AND YOU KNOW THAT. IF MY BOSS(KHAKI)TRIES TO SLEEP WITH ME CAN I QUIT?? IF MY BOSS DECIDES TO HOLD A GRUDGE AND TREAT ME LIKE S*** ON PURPOSE CAN I QUIT?? I GUESS YOU MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN SINCE YOU WEAR TWO CHEVRONS NOW BUT I KNOW.....<quoted text>
. WELL FIRST OFF YOU SHOULD HAVE READ YOUR CONTRACT AND DID RESEARCH BEFORE YOU JOINED . FIRST OFF AS FAR AS SEXUAL HARASSMENT YOU HAVE A CONGRESS YOU CAN WRITE TO . DON'T BE A DUCKING MATTRESS WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR CHAIN OF COMAND IS FOR. IN A SCHOOL YOU GOT THOSE LONG ASS LECTURES FOR A REASON . I'M IN THE NAVY PINE THING PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND. WHEN YOU PICK YOUR RATE YOU PICK YOUR FATE. IT'S ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE AND FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE NAVY FOR 5+YEARS AND COME OUT WITH NO PLAN OR ANYTHING. UNDER THEY'RE BELTS ARE JUST REALLY STUPID. YOU MAY HAVE LIMITED TIME BUT THE NAVY GIVEAWAY YOU SO MANY AVENUES. TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGEATHER . SO I FIND EVERY ONE ON THIS FORUM COMPLAING TO BE REALLY UNSET .
colt1911

Portsmouth, VA

#2745 Jan 18, 2013
navy lady wrote:
<quoted text>. WELL FIRST OFF YOU SHOULD HAVE READ YOUR CONTRACT AND DID RESEARCH BEFORE YOU JOINED . FIRST OFF AS FAR AS SEXUAL HARASSMENT YOU HAVE A CONGRESS YOU CAN WRITE TO . DON'T BE A DUCKING MATTRESS WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR CHAIN OF COMAND IS FOR. IN A SCHOOL YOU GOT THOSE LONG ASS LECTURES FOR A REASON . I'M IN THE NAVY PINE THING PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND. WHEN YOU PICK YOUR RATE YOU PICK YOUR FATE. IT'S ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE AND FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE NAVY FOR 5+YEARS AND COME OUT WITH NO PLAN OR ANYTHING. UNDER THEY'RE BELTS ARE JUST REALLY STUPID. YOU MAY HAVE LIMITED TIME BUT THE NAVY GIVEAWAY YOU SO MANY AVENUES. TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGEATHER . SO I FIND EVERY ONE ON THIS FORUM COMPLAING TO BE REALLY UNSET .
Thats old Navy, thats not how it works anymore, I've been to 3 commands where their was sexual harrassment in the work place, all three times it was SENIOR enlisted and officers, I dont know why its like that maybe they think since they have rank they can get away with it,well they can as a matter fact. unfortunatly if you go against one chief you go against the whole mess, I have seen instances where the whole upper command will make a sailors life a living hell for reporting them, until they are forced to fuck up or have a mental break down to get off a ship. you write a complaint it will take MONTHS to sort it out, and when you do everyone knows your business on the ship. write to congress? yea because they really care? you know how many hundreds of thousands of letters they get about mistreatment, and that would be a major JUMP of command.

IF YOU ARE BEING SEXUALLY HARRASED call your SAPR rep, or talk to a chaplain and get off your ship. The Navy likes to hold those 2 hour long training sessions about 20 goddamn times a year telling how sexual harrassment is bad, basically common sense shit and people still do it, people still get ari's and dui's and fuck liberty up for the whole entire command when every single friday and weekend we get told NOT to do that, we get told to use our SAFERIDE CARDS and people still want to drive drunk. and geuess who gets punished everyone, like me im not even 21 yet, i dont even have a fucking car but liberty has been secured because some dumb ass got arrested for drinking to damn much.

anyways im done bitching.
noftogive

Fayetteville, NC

#2747 Jan 19, 2013
FTN, I have 3 days left. Suck it.
Styles12

East Brunswick, NJ

#2748 Jan 20, 2013
ActiveNavyCorpsman wrote:
I just cant believe people say some sh!t like this. If you didnt wanna be in...you shouldnt of joined. Now you blame the Navy for you forcing yourself out? Thats stupid. The civilian world does recongnize "Veterans" but if you think your one cause you got kicked out on your own terms is right? Its not. Ive been in 2 years and have already been offered jobs for after getting out. Im proud to be in the Navy and there's nowhere else i would see myself except in a lot of drugs and in a lot of trouble.
I hope you know that once you get out, your corpsman training means zero in the civilian world. Try becoming a civilian nurse, radiologist, respiratory therapist etc. you will still have to go to civilian college/tech school and get a license.(Same as anyone that never spent 4 yrs of their lives being a Navy Corpsman).
bdt781

Providence, RI

#2749 Jan 28, 2013
you make it seem like enlitees are dumb... i take offense... i was in top 10 % in high school... have an iq of 160 ... spent some time in college ... pre med .... realized it was not for me... and joined the navy... oh i am an eagle scout too... military is in my family and navy was and is my dream .... i serve my coutry blindly no matter what

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr The King of Dixie 49,857
Kadner: Company seeks to open marijuana store i... 12 hr Ex Smart Guy 5
dcfs tearing apart familie (Mar '06) Thu FalselyAccused36 1,289
Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Thu Blwlgo 1,928
Illinois lottery scam? (Feb '10) Thu markswitzer 135
Chicago, rest of Illinois split over using tax ... Thu Lifelong 1
Video of lawmaker tirade resurfaces in House race Sep 17 Obama Bad 5
•••

Illinois People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••