"The Navy" The worst thing you can do...
Halo

Fpo, AP

#2709 Nov 27, 2012
You can always count in the good'ol Joe Navy's out there to stick up for the bullshit.

I suppose if you are too weak or stupid to make it in the real world the Navy does seem pretty legit. All you gotta do is get your knee pad time in and good things will come for you.

Bottom line. Good sailors get out as soon as possible. Great sailors get out as soon as possible and by any means necessary. Who does that leave I wonder? A bunch of Jo Navy shit bags who are happy to whore themselves out for the Navy and then be greatful for the crumbs they are given.

The Navy is a terrible organization. But because it forces out good/smart people because they simply realize that they are better than this, the navy is free to victimize the next batch and is comfortable that it will never be held accountable for its wrong doing. And that needs to change.
noftogive

Concord, NC

#2710 Nov 27, 2012
Bog Saget wrote:
By the way, if you've gotten screwed over EVER: You probably weren't doing it right.
It's a nasty world out there. Learn to keep up and do what you have to do, what you NEED to do, or forever be doomed to bitch and complain on forums like this.
Cynicism may patch up your bruised ego along the way. I mean, we don't live in Utopia, so stop expecting everything to work out just SWIMMINGLY for you.
And really, some people just don't have what it takes. Take the time to do some extensive research on what you're joining before you do so. At least then when you get fucked over, because there is no "if", you can take it in stride and MAYBE even flip it over to work for you.
Yes, please stay in. The navy needs complete morons like you to fill its ranks. Keep up the good work you golden product of the American mindset, and stay in the navy and out of our real world. We don't want people like you.
YESME

Pompano Beach, FL

#2711 Nov 27, 2012
I will give you an example of why I hate the Navy...Im on leave right now by the way and its taking me every ounce of strength to not make the 15 hour drive back to virginia tommorow for muster.......I work in a warehouse our command assigns us jobs(things that need to be fixed) recently because of the horrible leadership we had we were backed up 40 jobs...we got a new first class that was on top of everything an we got all the jobs done to the point were there are no more left we get probably 2 in a day which takes 1 hour to complete, now tell me why I have to stay from 0600-1800 every fucking day when all our work is done by 0800? yes thats right i sit in the warehouse twiddling my thumbs until me an the rest of my shipmates can leave at 1800? why do 3 master chiefs get credit for all those jobs being done when They never even walked in the our shop before...didnt even know it existed...also why do they get to leave at 1300 everyday? why do those same masterchiefs an officers assign sailors(me and my shipmates) to help civilians unpack there PERSONAL belongings for 3 weeks straight as "a favor" yea thats right sir im a fucking butler to your civilian friends....anyways I joined to serve my country to utilize and test myself to honor my country an my family instead my time is wasted I put on a uniform and sit on my ass all day and clean spaces that havent even been touch simply because it occupies our time. now im at a dilemma because i want to get admin sepp'd but I know if i do it will squash my chances of joining another military branch our government agency which is my future dream. Im upset because i thought I would get to serve my country in a more integral way, I thought I would see the world and hit ports and gain job and world experience, instead all my A school learning was done on a computer. what stories and legacy am i going to have for my kids, "yea I was in the Navy once I took out garbage for 4 years" theres no sense of respect towards rank a seaman can talk to a first class like i talk to my dog. people are promoted based on a test about your rate, not your leadership abilities or your morals, meaning you can be a total shit bag but get frocked. evals dont count because the people who are in charge of those evals lie on them. theres no comrarderie its people stepping on each other no matter what the cost to benefit themselves...is this honor? is this courage or commitment?, now i want to know am i wrong for hating the Navy?...are the things I said not I joined the wrong branch plain and simple and all the people on here saying stop whining and bitching because you get payed...they can keep there money shit i will double the amount of what i earned since i got in as long as they give me my freedom, so i can actually do something productive with my life and SERVE my country not take out garbage and hang picture frames of finger paintings in my master chiefs sisters office.
excuse my spelling mistakes i typed this on my phone while pissed off.
noftogive

Aiea, HI

#2712 Nov 28, 2012
YESME wrote:
I will give you an example of why I hate the Navy...Im on leave right now by the way and its taking me every ounce of strength to not make the 15 hour drive back to virginia tommorow for muster.......I work in a warehouse our command assigns us jobs(things that need to be fixed) recently because of the horrible leadership we had we were backed up 40 jobs...we got a new first class that was on top of everything an we got all the jobs done to the point were there are no more left we get probably 2 in a day which takes 1 hour to complete, now tell me why I have to stay from 0600-1800 every fucking day when all our work is done by 0800? yes thats right i sit in the warehouse twiddling my thumbs until me an the rest of my shipmates can leave at 1800? why do 3 master chiefs get credit for all those jobs being done when They never even walked in the our shop before...didnt even know it existed...also why do they get to leave at 1300 everyday? why do those same masterchiefs an officers assign sailors(me and my shipmates) to help civilians unpack there PERSONAL belongings for 3 weeks straight as "a favor" yea thats right sir im a fucking butler to your civilian friends....anyways I joined to serve my country to utilize and test myself to honor my country an my family instead my time is wasted I put on a uniform and sit on my ass all day and clean spaces that havent even been touch simply because it occupies our time. now im at a dilemma because i want to get admin sepp'd but I know if i do it will squash my chances of joining another military branch our government agency which is my future dream. Im upset because i thought I would get to serve my country in a more integral way, I thought I would see the world and hit ports and gain job and world experience, instead all my A school learning was done on a computer. what stories and legacy am i going to have for my kids, "yea I was in the Navy once I took out garbage for 4 years" theres no sense of respect towards rank a seaman can talk to a first class like i talk to my dog. people are promoted based on a test about your rate, not your leadership abilities or your morals, meaning you can be a total shit bag but get frocked. evals dont count because the people who are in charge of those evals lie on them. theres no comrarderie its people stepping on each other no matter what the cost to benefit themselves...is this honor? is this courage or commitment?, now i want to know am i wrong for hating the Navy?...are the things I said not I joined the wrong branch plain and simple and all the people on here saying stop whining and bitching because you get payed...they can keep there money shit i will double the amount of what i earned since i got in as long as they give me my freedom, so i can actually do something productive with my life and SERVE my country not take out garbage and hang picture frames of finger paintings in my master chiefs sisters office.
excuse my spelling mistakes i typed this on my phone while pissed off.
Keep the hate strong, you're not alone in your feelings. The navy is a garbage corporation run by the lazy, ignorant fools who are too afraid to give the real world a shot. Get out and make a difference with your own two hands, be happy again. Don't let them with their false sense of entitlement knock you down. The honor, camaraderie, courage and all the other lies they threw your way dissipated with the last real war. Without war the military losses its purpose, losses it's moxy,it's ranks become complacent. So the overweight spineless basterds who command you have too much free time to waste of their own so we're stuck getting yelled for boots not being shined or not cleaning enough. This is the what our country produces, men who will say you're out of uniform because hair is barel touching your ears, but they're gut is hanging over they're belt. Our forefather and past veterans are rolling in their graves over what our military has become. FTN
Bob Saget

Luling, LA

#2713 Nov 29, 2012
noftogive wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, please stay in. The navy needs complete morons like you to fill its ranks. Keep up the good work you golden product of the American mindset, and stay in the navy and out of our real world. We don't want people like you.
Yeah, because what I said brands me as a moron. Try again, dude. Say something with a little more concrete definition and I might actually consider you more than a military drop out.
And you REALLY said "OUR real world".
That is just hilarious.
noftogive

Aiea, HI

#2714 Nov 29, 2012
Bob Saget wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, because what I said brands me as a moron. Try again, dude. Say something with a little more concrete definition and I might actually consider you more than a military drop out.
And you REALLY said "OUR real world".
That is just hilarious.
Drop out of what? Making random false facts, that's some good 'ol navy teachings right there. With people like you and the points you make it's not worth my time to put you in your place. My last post was more than good enough for me. I'm glad I made you laugh, since all of our real worlds laugh at you. Stay ignorant my man.
OTH discharge

High Point, NC

#2715 Dec 12, 2012
Joined the Navy at age 19 in 1990 during the Gulf War.

Did well on NFQT... originally signed up as an ET.

"Obtained" a civilian misdemeanor drug charge about one year earlier (simple possession of marijuana). My recruiter was informed right of the bat. He did whatever it is recruiters do when checking out potential enlistees and came up blank... probably, he said, because the charge was issued in a county other than the one I resided in at the time and that's the only county he checked (or was required to).

Such a blemish on my record would disqualify me for the nuclear field (nonwaiverable offense). Apparently recruiters get more &#8220;points&#8221; for nuke pukes. So, I was to keep my mouth shut about it and he'd do the same... with the agreement that if it came to light, that he would deny any knowledge. That was fine with me. What else was I going to do?

All was good. Went to MEPS... no problem. Nothing was ever said about the misdemeanor. I was going to be an ET in a nuclear environment (hopefully a sub). Awesome!

About 5 months into delayed entry (one month before scheduled to leave for boot camp), I dislocated my elbow in an accident (mountain bike vs ATV... ATV won). Had to return to MEPS for reprocessing; to have my entry date set back enough to allow a full recovery.

Guess what &#8220;came to light&#8221;.

Couldn't be a nuke anymore and was convinced the next best rate for me would be GSE.

Exited boot camp as an E2 (for suckering a friend into joining) and, roughly 10 months later, graduated top of my class from A-school. Got first pick of duty stations and all that jazz.

The GS rate is responsible for operating and maintaining the ship's propulsion and electrical generating systems >>> gas turbines. GSMs mainly work with the mechanical aspects while GSEs focus primarily on electrical/electronic systems and subsystems such as control panels, alarms, indicators, etc.

I never got to touch a f_cking turbine (after A-school).

I never got to touch anything electronic (again, after A-school).

I was never given an opportunity to perform the job that was GUARANTEED to me. I busted my ass in A-school a wound up working as the Oil King... something an electronics geek has no business doing.

WTF?

It was a breach of contract and I wanted out of the god damned Navy.

ALL we did was waste millions upon millions of gallons of diesel roaming the Atlantic, sometimes drag racing with other ships (literally)... dumping sewage, garbage and OCW everywhere we went.

That ain't what I signed up for.

(continued)
OTH discharge

High Point, NC

#2716 Dec 12, 2012
Nor did I sign up to chip freshly laid paint so I could repaint and rechip and repaint, ad infinitum... just to give me something to do.

I must have observed tons of brass shell casings get deep sixed (5&#8221; guns got exercised quite regularly) >>> more vulgar, obscene, and pointless waste.

Anyway...

As stated I wanted out and knew how to get out >>> make them kick me out.

Went UA one for one week... no dice. Nothing but 30 days restriction.

A second excursion lasting almost a full month did the trick. It earned me an OTH.

I'll be the first to point out that the training one receives in Navy &#8220;A&#8221; school is top rate... but, it doesn't mean shit outside of the Navy. Companies would NOT hire me... not because of the OTH discharge... but because I had no experience and no civilian education. Graduated from a local tech school easily and with flying colors. The curriculum (electronics/electronic theory) was almost identical in structure and content as I remembered from school in the Navy. I learned nearly nothing new and the whole post-Navy education was completely unnecessary... and I had to pay for it... no GI bill for me due to the OTH discharge.

Oh, I forgot...

On the way outta the Navy, while in TPU, I learned that a simple possession charge was waiverable and I could've still entered as a nuke/ET.

Oh well... right?

That OTH discharge never caused me any grief until this past year. I've been denied employment because of it. It's bullsh!t. If my Navy training was never worth mentioning, why should an OTH discharge received nearly 20 years ago be of concern?

For me, the entire experience, excluding boot camp (which I thoroughly enjoyed) was a colossal waste of 3 years of my life (signed up for 4)... and now it's f_cked me... royally.

I never should have joined. It's, by far, the worst mistake I ever made.

One more thing...

As stated, I joined during the Gulf War. It ended while I was in boot camp. Why did I receive a national defense ribbon? I didn't do sh!t to earn that and got one anyway. That's always bugged me.

Thanks for reading.
ActiveNavyCorpsm an

Jacksonville, NC

#2717 Dec 13, 2012
I just cant believe people say some sh!t like this. If you didnt wanna be in...you shouldnt of joined. Now you blame the Navy for you forcing yourself out? Thats stupid. The civilian world does recongnize "Veterans" but if you think your one cause you got kicked out on your own terms is right? Its not. Ive been in 2 years and have already been offered jobs for after getting out. Im proud to be in the Navy and there's nowhere else i would see myself except in a lot of drugs and in a lot of trouble.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#2718 Dec 13, 2012
ActiveNavyCorpsman wrote:
I just cant believe people say some sh!t like this. If you didnt wanna be in...you shouldnt of joined. Now you blame the Navy for you forcing yourself out? Thats stupid. The civilian world does recongnize "Veterans" but if you think your one cause you got kicked out on your own terms is right? Its not. Ive been in 2 years and have already been offered jobs for after getting out. Im proud to be in the Navy and there's nowhere else i would see myself except in a lot of drugs and in a lot of trouble.
ActiveNavyTwerp:

Listen...

I did wanna be in... it's why I joined.

You see, I'm one of those people that actually enjoys productive work. I have what was at one time known as a healthy work ethic.

That's why I didn't fit in the Navy... that's why I left. It was nothing but pointless labor, exuberant expenditure, and wasted resources.

Hell... the most challenging aspect of the Navy was getting out of the Navy.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Did you even read my post (for comprehension)?

Can you read for comprehension?

When I left the Navy, I cut all ties. I didn't expect anything. What was meant in mentioning my civilian training is that it was 100% redundant. That particular school modeled itself after Navy A-school. As stated... it was almost identical in curriculum structure and content to A-school. If I hadn't joined the Navy, then it would've at least felt as if the money spent on a civilian education was a necessary hit to my wallet. In order for me to get a job, I had to go to a private school and allow to someone (likely ex-Navy too) to "teach" me what I already knew, prolly better than they did.

Do I think I'm a veteran? Hell no!

Do I want to be? HELL NO!

Doesn't matter... technically, according to the Navy... I am a veteran... because there was a "police action" going on while I was in boot camp. I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! Makes one wonder >>> How many other "veterans" are out there who are undeserving of the title and the benefits it warrants?

Also...

You're too quick to take offense. Typical of the military mindset I suppose (another reason I didn't fit in). I was referring to my experience(s)... not yours or anyone else's.

So, Twerp...

Go back to your rack and jerk off some more while my tax dollars pay for it.

Regards,
Your Daddy.

(Just so you know...)
(At this time, you should take offense.)
(You guys need to be told everything!)
(Sheesh!)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#2719 Dec 13, 2012
BTW, Twerp:

It should go without saying...

But, once again, knowing how you boys are...

(kinda, you know, slow...)

I posted previously as the greybox "OTH Discharge".

Apologies for any confusion you experienced.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#2720 Dec 13, 2012
Twerp, lemme ask ya a question...

I'm assuming you successfully completed corpsman training.

I'm also assuming, because you successfully completed training, you get to perform the work you trained for.

Correct?

Honestly ask yourself >>> "What if you lived up to your side of the agreement... but the Navy didn't?"

When I joined, part of the Navy's sales pitch (and the Army's) was training in any field the candidate qualified for... and upon successful completion of said training... a guarantee to the job he trained for.

I lived up to my end.

The Navy didn't.

That's a fact.
TheMan

Portsmouth, VA

#2721 Dec 14, 2012
Yea dude your a Corpsman, corpsmen have it fucking made, they get barracks assignments, shit some E3's get their own appartments most of the ones I know never been on a ship before but you always hear them complaining about how hard their job is because they get off a 1600 everyday...shit when i was on my ship you know when i get off....2000, the FMF have my respect and my jealousy i wish i could get the experience they could. how do i know? im stationed at a hospital(portsmouth Naval hospital) all these corpsman do is smoke spice sit in their office fucking off, and misdiagnose people. last week i got my blood drawn and the stupid ass kept sticking me in my muscle. so if your a corpsman excluding FMF and you have something to say shut the fuck up. the Navy treats you guys good. I would trade my rate in a second for all the training you get the Easy ass job and you get to have a house and no sea duty. of course you love the Navy because you never been shafted by them. so you cant understand. And why did we join if we didnt like it? You think I would have joined knowing what I know now? i knew it wasnt a walk in the park. i didnt expect to be shit on, lied to, lied about, fucked over, waste of time, wast of brain, waste of education.
Woldqueen

Bremerton, WA

#2722 Dec 17, 2012
I don't mean to start any of the arguments le there have been, but I just wish to know how basic is and what it is like as a AECF, nothing more. I will state i am joining so my family is taken care of. In other words my family and I are homeless and I chose to join so I dont have to worry anymore
Styles

East Brunswick, NJ

#2723 Dec 17, 2012
Bog Saget wrote:
...Honestly, everyone I've talked to about joining the Navy or Air Force has given me straight answers. This, my fucking strangers, includes the good, the bad, and the ugly. The ugly is pretty goddamn ugly by the way. But you know what? If you want to serve you're going to have deal with it. Suck it up and stop whining about how unfair and cooperate the Navy is. The hell did you think you were joining...
You gave yourself away there...

So you have only "talked to people" about joining the USN or USAF and have never served in the Navy yourself?

Strong opinions from a smarty pants that hasn't even been to basic.

Good luck Shippy, with your future Navy career. You will need it with your attitude!
noftogive

Aiea, HI

#2724 Dec 17, 2012
Woldqueen wrote:
I don't mean to start any of the arguments le there have been, but I just wish to know how basic is and what it is like as a AECF, nothing more. I will state i am joining so my family is taken care of. In other words my family and I are homeless and I chose to join so I dont have to worry anymore
How are you homeless and on the internet?
Dboulier

Manama, Bahrain

#2725 Dec 18, 2012
navygrl wrote:
oh and he'z a chief petty officer...
and u r a???
he's probably a seaman due to the lack of improving himself. If you can't make it good in the Navy then good luck buddy! Lmao!
ABH1

United States

#2726 Dec 18, 2012
I'm a proud member of the USN. That being said this life isn't for everyone but just cause its not for you doesn't mean you can bag on thoses of us who choose to stay active. I know all to well the downside to this life choice, but that's why it's called a sacrifice. If you can't make it don't look down on us that do.

ABH1
noftogive

Aiea, HI

#2727 Dec 18, 2012
ABH1 wrote:
I'm a proud member of the USN. That being said this life isn't for everyone but just cause its not for you doesn't mean you can bag on thoses of us who choose to stay active. I know all to well the downside to this life choice, but that's why it's called a sacrifice. If you can't make it don't look down on us that do.
ABH1
That's where your logic is flawed, it is not that we (I'm using we to label all the people who are in that do not like it that are and those that have gotten out that didn't) "can't" make it as you say. We choose not to have the life that you seem to uphold. Why, anyone would "sacrifice" their life for this organization is beyond me. If this is the only beautiful life we have, I wouldn't want to WASTE it in this countries military. 3 1/2 of mine wasted on this garbage excuse of a job already, never again.
FTN
Halo

Bowling Green, KY

#2728 Dec 19, 2012
ABH1 wrote:
I'm a proud member of the USN. That being said this life isn't for everyone but just cause its not for you doesn't mean you can bag on thoses of us who choose to stay active. I know all to well the downside to this life choice, but that's why it's called a sacrifice. If you can't make it don't look down on us that do.
ABH1
I will pull my own eyes out before I "sacrifice" anything more for Navy. It is a joke of an organization, run by some of the worst people imaginable. You can stay in I you want, but the Navy is simply not worth my time anymore.

You may have your reasons, but I have no idea what they might be.

The Navy needs to be worth a damn before they start talking to me about sacrificing anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-US Speaker Hastert indicted on bank-related ... 36 min Former Rep Foley 1
News Ex-US Speaker Hastert indicted on bank-related ... 4 hr yup 6
dcfs tearing apart familie (Mar '06) Wed Va_Ri-1960 1,298
Can the newly elected Carrollton alderman save ... May 26 7th street citizen 6
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) May 25 James 51,766
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) May 23 RICO 7,567
News Your daily "right to work" update May 20 John 1
More from around the web