Trapped in Tamms: Inmates in Illinois' only supermax prison face battle proving mistreatment

There are 5 comments on the Belleville News story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Trapped in Tamms: Inmates in Illinois' only supermax prison face battle proving mistreatment. In it, Belleville News reports that:

Anthony Gay always fought back. Even in first grade he was quick with his fists, especially when kids mocked his temper or taunted him because he lived with foster parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Belleville News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
One happy taxpayer

Waterloo, IL

#41 Jan 17, 2013
What's funny is people scream that justice has been served but let's see... They went from an air conditioned unit it tamms to non air in menard or Pontiac. They still are locked down the same amount of hours. They get worse med treatment and evaluations and tamms is reopening after being reclassifying. Great jobs everyone for saving the state money and sending the inmates to worse conditions... Bravo to you all

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#42 Jan 18, 2013
Yes. Unless you know what truly goes on there or where ever, you cannot judge.

Gathering all the real facts is key.

We have a LOT of troubled people out there is all I can say.

A LOT!!!!

And thousands are not in prison.

And we have to be careful when we say they get this or that for free. It's never free.

We are paying for it.
One happy taxpayer

Waterloo, IL

#43 Jan 18, 2013
Ya I work in corrections.It's just think its funny people think they make a difference in the inmates lives. Many of the inmates were pissed they had to leave tamms since it was a lot nicer than other facilities. That's why I'm saying bravo since tamms will be reopened as the same thing but under a different classification or name but for less money and fewer perks for those inmates.
not one to comment

Chesterfield, MO

#44 Jun 20, 2013
You know what, they housed the worst of the worst. maybe they should have thought about that before prison..... Ask the families of the one they hurt and see what they have to say. I am sure they all were not guilty and were wronged in some way. You get what you give in life. sorry that it was hard there, but so what, should have just left them all there in the first place
not one to comment

Chesterfield, MO

#45 Jun 20, 2013
Browngirl wrote:
Hell yeah! TAMMS IS CLOSING DOWN! And all you bloggers who were talking all that slick mess about shooting them and letting them rot, you better hope they dont get a hold of your blog. Lol. Dont get scared now....... Their about to be transferred. Hahahahaha. And no more supermax in tamms. Hell I was tired of the drive.
you are part of the problem, not the solution

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I find K2 Spice, Spice Gold, or Pulse... (Mar '10) Fri hazeleyesanna83 66
Locksmith Glendale Heights Apr 30 DeantClark 1
"The Navy" The worst thing you can do to yourself (Apr '06) Apr 28 klr 2,770
Elgin Locksmith Apr 27 CaiotoPerey 1
News 'Morning-after' pill focus of court case (Mar '08) Apr 23 MomaMeata 10
News 6 reasons why the Trans-Pacific Partnership mat... Apr 22 Japans dark side 1
News Lawmakers Push Playtime as Schools Try to Figur... (Aug '08) Apr 17 bob 23
More from around the web