FOID Card
First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Rob

Sikeston, MO

#641 Jun 27, 2011
Bryce wrote:
I beleive that Alaska is one of 3 or 4 states that do not require a foid card to own or conceal a firearm. I could be wrong tho.
"Tho" is not a word. Heck, it's barely a sound. Regardless, Illinois is the ONLY state that has the FOID card. There are, however, some states that have similar systems, such as New Jersey and their recently implemented firearm ID card. Actually, several states require these state-issued FID cards (most often only for handguns), which are nothing like the FOID in Illinois. Most of the states that have a firearm ID card are required to issue them upon your request as long as you aren't forbidden to possess a firearm due to any federal restriction. This concept is much different from IL's "we'll give it to you if we feel like it" method.
juvenile

Chicago, IL

#642 Jul 31, 2011
I had a juvenile felony convition when i was 16 im now 26 i applied for a foid card and was denied dude to being a adjacent juvenile i have since had this juvenile conviction expunged can i reapply for a foid card or do i have to petition to have my rights restored
MEL WALKER

United States

#643 Sep 24, 2011
WHat do you need to buy or own a gun shotgun or pistol in wis
MEL WALKER

United States

#644 Sep 24, 2011
I. Was told you could own and have guns in you home in ws. With out a foid card ir lisc. Of any kind. Is that true and how do you purchase amo in ws
Jenny

Gurnee, IL

#645 Sep 24, 2011
MEL WALKER wrote:
WHat do you need to buy or own a gun shotgun or pistol in wis
To buy a gun in Wisconsin you must be a resident of that state. All you need if you’re a Wisconsin resident is a Wisconsin driver’s license to buy a gun. If you’re from Illinois you will have to show your FOID card anywhere even in Wisconsin to purchase a gun. If you like guns and want to keep your rights then you had better join the NRA http://home.nra.org/#/home

Gun Laws in Wisconsin
http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbystate/a/gu...
Jenny

Gurnee, IL

#646 Sep 24, 2011
The link below shows gun ratings of Illinois politicians. Register to vote, make a list of all the low rated politicians then vote these people out of office in Illinois. Put this list on other websites and get the word out to other Illinois gun owners and stop these people from taking your rights away.
http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_detail....

Senator Richard Durbin – Voted F by NRA
Rep. Harry Osterman http://www.housedem.state.il.us/members/oster...
Sen. William Delgado - Voted F by NRA
Rep. Kelly M. Cassidy
Rep. Sara Feigenholtz
Rep. David Reis
Rep. David Harris
Rep. William D. Burns
Rep. Dennis M. Reboletti
Sen. Antonio Muñoz
Rep. Edward J. Acevedo
Rep. Tom Cross
Rep Dennis M. Reboletti
Rep. Bill Mitchell
Rep. Adam Brown
Rep. Wayne Rosenthal
Sen. John J. Cullerton
Rep. Emily McAsey

http://www.ontheissues.org/states/IL_Gun_Cont...
Jenny

Gurnee, IL

#647 Sep 25, 2011
Correction: Rep. Wayne Rosenthal is a good guy and a member of the NRA. Also Rep. David Reis supports guns and the constitution.
article II

United States

#648 Apr 12, 2012
You have to wait the 20 yrs then you may reapply.
Jason wrote:
I have been triing to obtain my FOID card. I was convicted of a felony way back in 1996. I was told it only takes 7 years now to be able to get the FOID card now, instead of the 20 years it once was. I applied and was denied. Now I am triing to get a governor pardon. I have read many cases and the ones I have read have passed through. Can I obtain a FOID card or do I have to wait the 20 years. Thanks for any info.
DKOB

Columbia, MO

#649 Apr 24, 2012
I live in MO and we can sell guns back and forth to individuals without any problems. Now I posted a 9mm that a person from IL would like to but and meet me in St Louis and he said he has a FOID card.
Is it ok for me to sale to him? Or would I need to go through an FFL dealer?
thanks
Maji63

Pasadena, TX

#650 Apr 29, 2012
In Illinois, a relative of mine attempted suicide.
Can anyone tell me if she can keep her FOID card?
Thanks
Rob

United States

#651 Jul 11, 2012
Maji63 wrote:
In Illinois, a relative of mine attempted suicide.
Can anyone tell me if she can keep her FOID card?
Thanks
Was she committed to a mental facility? If she was, she can either wait beyond the five years they care about that or have her shrink write a letter saying she is fit for owning a firearm and is no threat to herself or others.
Augy

Johnson City, TN

#652 Feb 6, 2013
Sarge wrote:
I really sympathize with some of you people, others, worry the hell out of me. Question!! Do you really think it is wise to issue an foid to people who have no clue as to what obligations, privileges, or responsibilities it infers on a person,?? READ THE BACK OF THE DAMN CARD, or maybe even have a 7th grader explain it to you. It has nothing to do with the right to bear arms,or any other rights for that matter. In plain unambiguous language it simply states, it is required to obtain this card to transport, transfer ownership, or buy ammo for firearms in the state of Illinois .
Nowhere does it in any way refer to ownership of,or rights of ownership,(BUY, SELL, TRANSPORT,Or PURCHASE AMMO) for in the state of Illinois.That ladies is the reason for it. Those of you who interpret the purpose of a FOID, for any other reason, have no business being issued 1.
Knowledge without wisdom, is more dangerous than a loaded gun. you know you are required to have a foid, but you don't know why. No mystery to me why the state is reluctant to issue one to a person who believes it grants or restricts any federally protected, constitutional rights.
State should however upgrade the educational system
ACTUALLY you're wrong. Regardless of what it says on the back of the card, an FOID is required in Illinois to even POSSESS an existing firearm in your home. Get your card revoked in Illinois and you forfeit your right to own guns, period. Get caught with guns in your home and you will be arrested. Don't believe it? Then simply research the several cases on the internet of various Illinois residents who have been arrested on their own property for this simple offense. Some were even arrested for just having an expired card - it often comes up when someone justifiably took a shot at a burglar and then called the police...those without FOID were taken to jail.
Michael

Tinley Park, IL

#653 Jan 20, 2014
American Law wrote:
Foid cards violate the Illinois constitution and any official who swore before taking office to protect the constitution has violated that oath under the law; if they voted for foid cards after taking their oath then that is an act of treason under our law and they have declared war against the constitution.
So what can people do about it? How can we take action if this truly violates our constitutional rights...List specific things we the people can do?
john

Huntley, IL

#654 Jan 27, 2014
I live in IL and have a FOID card. Can I sell a firearm to someone in WI?
securityguard

Granite City, IL

#655 Nov 5, 2014
How long does it rptake from when u send in appeal to get a decision back on my FOID card its been almost two months was denied only because I marked the wrong box.
John

Rockford, IL

#656 Jun 2, 2015
Jenny wrote:
The link below shows gun ratings of Illinois politicians. Register to vote, make a list of all the low rated politicians then vote these people out of office in Illinois. Put this list on other websites and get the word out to other Illinois gun owners and stop these people from taking your rights away.
http://www.votesmart.org/issue_rating_detail....
Senator Richard Durbin – Voted F by NRA
Rep. Harry Osterman http://www.housedem.state.il.us/members/oster...
Sen. William Delgado - Voted F by NRA
Rep. Kelly M. Cassidy
Rep. Sara Feigenholtz
Rep. David Reis
Rep. David Harris
Rep. William D. Burns
Rep. Dennis M. Reboletti
Sen. Antonio Muñoz
Rep. Edward J. Acevedo
Rep. Tom Cross
Rep Dennis M. Reboletti
Rep. Bill Mitchell
Rep. Adam Brown
Rep. Wayne Rosenthal
Sen. John J. Cullerton
Rep. Emily McAsey
http://www.ontheissues.org/states/IL_Gun_Cont...
Did you know the "gun control" movement was initiated by Ronny Reagan when he was governor of California??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More Tue Stan 7
Where can I find K2 Spice, Spice Gold, or Pulse... (Mar '10) Aug 19 Shawn 76
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Aug 16 Corrupt Collusion 7,574
dcfs tearing apart familie (Mar '06) Aug 16 jan 1,316
how to destroy america Aug 14 kay 1
News Pastors sue Illinois over gay conversion therap... Aug 12 TomInElPaso 11
News Morning Spin: Top Illinois GOP donor: Hope Trum... Aug 11 Le Jimbo 3
More from around the web