FOID Card
Mitch

Lake Villa, IL

#621 May 5, 2010
I believe your statistics are way off. It appears that Miami alone has a higher homicide rate of almost 20 per 100,000 of population compared to Chicago's which is closer to 15 per 100,000 of population.
Retired2005 wrote:
One thing many people fail to realize is that you only need a FOID card to buy a gun from a licensed dealer in the state of Illinois. Other states and individuals are not so discriminating. Obviously, the whole concept of FOID only affects law abiding citizens. As to how well it works... look at the statistics for Chicago and surrounding 'burbs where firearm ownership is illegal entirely. Last statistice on FBI web site showed Chicago's homicide rate was 4 times the combined rate of the six largest cities in Florida. But wait, Florida has a concealed carry law... perhaps that is a deterrent?
Mitch

Lake Villa, IL

#622 May 5, 2010
I am editiing my own response. My numbers are off also. 2008 statisitics Miami rate 15 per 100,000 and Chicago 18 per 100,000 population. Both Miami and Chicagos murder rates vary tremendously from year to year. I dont' believe conceal and cary is only reason for Miamis murder rate drop.
Mitch wrote:
I believe your statistics are way off. It appears that Miami alone has a higher homicide rate of almost 20 per 100,000 of population compared to Chicago's which is closer to 15 per 100,000 of population.
<quoted text>
Rights

Bentonville, AR

#623 Oct 21, 2010
Alexander Giannoulias and Mark Kirk are both heavy weights that want to take your gun rights away in Illinos. Labno is for your rights to keep them and only go after criminals. I am sick of loosing my rights to these a holes.

As far as gun rights go, both Mark Kirk (R) and Alexander Giannoulias (D) are rated (F) by the NRA-PVF, so they are equally bad on that issue and cancel each other out on gun rights.

Kirk is bad news for Illinois gun owners read this stuff.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-chicago ...

Want to keep your gun rights and your civil rights that you have left? I would check out Labno. He is for you and your rights. Labno is for the working man and women who is trying to make a honest dollar. I am serious if you want change and you want a things to get better he's your best chance. If you don't believe me than do a little research yourself don't just vote for some of these guys just because you happen to see a sign with there name on it.

This link is a very good link below it will tell you what each candidate is for, or against. Abortion, guns, health care, etc..

http://www.reclaimillinois.com/rapsheet_list ....

Also at the bottom of this link theres a button called "vote easy" click on it also it is helpful.
Rights

Bentonville, AR

#624 Oct 21, 2010
Sorry this is the link to look at.http://www.examiner.com/gun -rights-in-chicago/mark-kirk-w ants-to-be-illinois-anti-gun-r epublican-senator
Rights wrote:
Alexander Giannoulias and Mark Kirk are both heavy weights that want to take your gun rights away in Illinos. Labno is for your rights to keep them and only go after criminals. I am sick of loosing my rights to these a holes.
As far as gun rights go, both Mark Kirk (R) and Alexander Giannoulias (D) are rated (F) by the NRA-PVF, so they are equally bad on that issue and cancel each other out on gun rights.
Kirk is bad news for Illinois gun owners read this stuff.
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-chicago... to keep your gun rights and your civil rights that you have left? I would check out Labno. He is for you and your rights. Labno is for the working man and women who is trying to make a honest dollar. I am serious if you want change and you want a things to get better he's your best chance. If you don't believe me than do a little research yourself don't just vote for some of these guys just because you happen to see a sign with there name on it.
This link is a very good link below it will tell you what each candidate is for, or against. Abortion, guns, health care, etc..
http://www.reclaimillinois.com/rapsheet_list ....
Also at the bottom of this link theres a button called "vote easy" click on it also it is helpful.
Lesa

United States

#625 Oct 25, 2010
Me and my boyfriend was stating together and he was sent to jail and my gun was taken by the police how can i find out if i can get my gun back or if my card is still good
Get to work

Bartlett, IL

#626 Oct 25, 2010
Hi
Greg

Westchester, IL

#627 Nov 15, 2010
Last February I lost the rigth to my Foid card stemming from an incident involving my firing a handgun into the ground on my property. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me wether I can legally carry in the state of Alaska (personal protection) due to a trip I'll be taking next June. My girlfriend and travel partner does have a valid FOID card and am wondering if this is good enought for me being in the vicinity of her weaopon. Also, is it leagal for me to live in the same abode with her (IL), as again, she is completely legal?
I've ben told by sources that I may and even shoot under her card. Any light anyone here can shen on my dilemma would be greatly appreciated. I have been charged with a misdmeanor in this case with 18 months probation.
Foid Sucks

United States

#628 Dec 20, 2010
Greg wrote:
Last February I lost the rigth to my Foid card stemming from an incident involving my firing a handgun into the ground on my property. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me wether I can legally carry in the state of Alaska (personal protection) due to a trip I'll be taking next June. My girlfriend and travel partner does have a valid FOID card and am wondering if this is good enought for me being in the vicinity of her weaopon. Also, is it leagal for me to live in the same abode with her (IL), as again, she is completely legal?
I've ben told by sources that I may and even shoot under her card. Any light anyone here can shen on my dilemma would be greatly appreciated. I have been charged with a misdmeanor in this case with 18 months probation.
Misdemeanor on your record is not good, but with a good lawyer and the right amount of money you can get your foid card back, eventually. It will be awhile without any more violations. The misdemeanor will probably make it illegal to carry in Alaska. Call the Alaska game warden and ask them before you go to see what they say. It’s worth a phone call. I knew a guy that had a felony on his record when he was 18 and ten years later he paid a lawyer $1500 to get his foid back, so it is possible but expensive. I would recommend moving to a more friendlier State than Illinois on guns. That will help you get guns faster. Illinois is one of the most screwed up States there is if you like to own guns. Illinois is ignorant, they lose millions in tax revenue in gun sales, ammunition, hunting, etc because of Foid. All the other States that surround Illinois collects all the perks because of Illinois ignorance.
Lee

Northbrook, IL

#629 Dec 30, 2010
Greg wrote:
Yes, so long as any of the misdemeanors didn't include a domestic violence conviction. Misdemeanor convictions for drug use may also cost you your right to purchase or possess firearms- known as "being addicted to, or an unlawful user of controlled drugs".
No one will sale you a gun in another State because you hold a Illinois drivers licensees, but you should be able to carry a friends firearm in Alaska for protection. Foid is for ownership of gun, it has nothing to do with shooting guns, or caring someone else’s gun. If your girl friend has a FOID card you can have guns in your home. Someone in the home must have a FOID card to stay legal. Just remember if she leaves you then the guns will have to go with her, because you can not keep them.
Ted Night

Chicago, IL

#630 Jan 3, 2011
The state law is declared void. States cannot pass a law that conflicts with a Federal Law or the US Constitution. The law could also be illegal based on the state's constitution.

So my question is why doesn’t the Department of Justice and the FBI go after Illinois since the Supreme court ruled twice that Americans have the right to bare arms. If you can’t get a FOID card then that violates federal law and supreme court ruling.

How do you get law federal law enforcement to do their job and stop FOID?

States can only regulate not stop you from owning firearms in your home.
hunter 2

Morris, IL

#631 Feb 11, 2011
I was convicted of a class 2 or 3 felony 20 yrs ago. what are the chances of obtaining my foid card in the great State of Illi noise
Hope it helps

United States

#632 Feb 12, 2011
hunter 2 wrote:
I was convicted of a class 2 or 3 felony 20 yrs ago. what are the chances of obtaining my foid card in the great State of Illi noise
It’s not impossible to get it back. You will need a good lawyer who knows FOID law. If I was in your shoes I would get your court Record Expungement first if you can. I will provide information below how to do this. Bottom line it’s all up to a judge in the end and how much money your willing to spend to get it back. They are going to look at your life from the time you got the felony up until now. If you have lead a productive good life since the felony your chances are good. A lot of it depends on your crime and if it was for domestic violence that’s defiantly not a good thing. Join the Illinois Rifle association and they can give you advice and lawyers names who can help you. This is not going to be easy and it will be costly for sure. All said and done by the time you get your card and then buy new guns, you could end up spending $5000 bucks. Your other option would be to move to a friendly State who likes guns where you don’t have to have a FOID card. Check the State you go to see if you can expunge your record. You will have better chances in another State of owning a gun, rather than fighting the FOID system. This will be a nightmare from start to finish, so prepare yourself mentally and physically for the battle. Illinois is one of the worst states to own a gun and they’re in no big hurry to give out FOID cards to anyone. Advice, do not try this alone you have to have a good lawyer, or you will fail. Good Luck!

http://www.thelegaldefenders.com/record-expun...

http://www.state.il.us/defender/exp.html

http://www.isra.org/
Bryce

North Liberty, IA

#633 Feb 12, 2011
I beleive that Alaska is one of 3 or 4 states that do not require a foid card to own or conceal a firearm. I could be wrong tho.
Bryce

North Liberty, IA

#634 Feb 12, 2011
I actually have a good feeling about concealed carry being voted through in the near future. Since Chicagos gun ban was shot down for being unconstitutional I beleive that chicago people now want the same right as everyone else in the country. The right to arm themselves during thier normal routine. So keep your fingers crossed. There is supposed to be a new bill for that going through right now but I dont beleive there has been enough time past for politicians to be affected by the chicago peoples voice.
FOID is Illegal

Chicago, IL

#635 Feb 15, 2011
Illinois needs to stop violating the Supreme court ruling and get rid of FOID
dan

Huntsville, AL

#636 Mar 5, 2011
I sent this to the atty. general's site:
SECTION 6. SEARCHES, SEIZURES, PRIVACY AND INTERCEPTIONS
The people shall have the right to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers and other possessions against
unreasonable searches, seizures, invasions of privacy or
interceptions of communications by eavesdropping devices or
other means. No warrant shall issue without probable cause,
supported by affidavit particularly describing the place to
be searched and the persons or things to be seized.
(Source: Illinois Constitution.)
To bad all foid card owners couldn't send this as it would overload the system
huh

Carbondale, IL

#637 Apr 28, 2011
Hmmmmm. Most of you need to pre-read your posts. Tons of spelling and grammer errors. The one that spelled carry "carrie", nice. Moron.
LEX

United States

#638 Apr 30, 2011
There are some people who don’t need to have a FOID card.
1. Ex - chief deputy Ron Osborne Coles County Sheriff’s Department Charleston Illinois who still holds a FOID Card and has over $10,000 dollars of firearms in his home. Questionable behavior
2. Cole’s county sheriff’s department Illinois EX - chief deputy Brent Butler found guilty of domestic violence waiting trial to be charged and put in prison, Coles County Sheriff’s department lost his FOID. http://jg-tc.com/news/article_01be1490-357f-1...
3. Active - Sheriff Darrell Cox Coles County Sheriff’s Department was under investigation for election misconduct and by the FBI still holds his FOID card http://jg-tc.com/news/opinion/mailbag/article...
4. Ex - Deputy James Hite Coles county Sheriff’s Department Inappropriate behavior and questionable firearms sells. Was under investigation. He still holds a FOID card
brad

Cedarburg, WI

#639 Jun 25, 2011
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>None registration and no FOID card allows anyone to buy weapons with any past record. I do not want to live in the 1920's Ware anyone who wanted a gun could go buy one any ware they wanted. I do not have any problems with our gun laws in this state they do what they were intended to do and that's to keep criminals from buying them legally.
anyone who wants a gun can buy one they are everywhere i could walk down the street and buy and buy a 9mm. or a 45. quality is not guaranteed but its a gun
TEX

United States

#640 Jun 26, 2011
brad wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone who wants a gun can buy one they are everywhere i could walk down the street and buy and buy a 9mm. or a 45. quality is not guaranteed but its a gun
I knew a guy who lost his foid card, so he found a girl friend and moved in with her. He got her to get a foid card and she buys all the guns to keep in the house. It’s all legal because she has a FOID card, so now he has guns ammunition all around him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Is Pelosi Losing Sleep Over Bustos' Re-Elec... Tue Le Jimbo 1
News Morning Spin: Trump's suburban Chicago fundrais... Sep 26 Flying carpet 2
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) Sep 21 Jorge 195
News The 'Spiritual Battle' Over the Dakota Access P... Sep 20 the Stand 1
News Easy resolution unlikely for contentious Dakota... Sep 19 the Stand 1
News Liberals, Labor Unions Come To Blows Over Dakot... Sep 19 the Stand 1
News Native American Student Union joins efforts opp... Sep 19 the Stand 1
More from around the web