FOID Card
First Prev
of 31
Next Last
Pokey Mon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Feb 2, 2006
How about that FOID Card. It really keeps guns out of criminal's hands. Lately, Foid is making criminal's out of law abiding citizens in Illinois. ISP cannot keep up with the demand. ISP cannot meet the 30 day delivery date.
ISP says the requirement is not enforced by local police anyway. So they will hire more people to print more FOID Cards that are not enforced anyway! What a racket! If FOIDS are uninforceable, they do not keep guns out of the hands of criminal's in the first place! So FOID is used to monitor the gun activities of law abiding citizens in the Great State of Ellanoise! Save some money, and kill the FOID program! It is useless!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
James Francis

Sun Prairie, WI

#2 Feb 3, 2006
Quick question, do habe a FOID card? If not why?
Army Vet

United States

#3 Feb 3, 2006
I went to school with a person that accidentally shot another person at a party. The owner of the weapon did not have a FOID card - both were charged and convicted. In the case of the owner, he already had a criminal record and should not have had a firearm in the first place. He would have never been issued an FOID even if he did apply. This is contrary to the idea that the FOID program is not working. I accept the constitutional right to bear arms, but I do not accept the idea that just anyone should be allowed to own or carry a firearm that has already shown that they cannot obey the laws of the state or the nation. The program works and it will only get better with time.
be smart

Sycamore, IL

#4 Feb 6, 2006
In your argument, you say your friend had a gun which he shouldn’t have, since he didn’t have a FOID. So you admit that FOID doesn’t work because he managed to get a gun anyway.
Retired2005

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2006
One thing many people fail to realize is that you only need a FOID card to buy a gun from a licensed dealer in the state of Illinois. Other states and individuals are not so discriminating. Obviously, the whole concept of FOID only affects law abiding citizens. As to how well it works... look at the statistics for Chicago and surrounding 'burbs where firearm ownership is illegal entirely. Last statistice on FBI web site showed Chicago's homicide rate was 4 times the combined rate of the six largest cities in Florida. But wait, Florida has a concealed carry law... perhaps that is a deterrent?
jose Rocha

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 12, 2006
foid card is ok the problem is the gangs
kids out ther who are buy in wrong gun
JIM

Hinsdale, IL

#10 Feb 16, 2006
Retired2005 wrote:
One thing many people fail to realize is that you only need a FOID card to buy a gun from a licensed dealer in the state of Illinois. Other states and individuals are not so discriminating. Obviously, the whole concept of FOID only affects law abiding citizens. As to how well it works... look at the statistics for Chicago and surrounding 'burbs where firearm ownership is illegal entirely. Last statistice on FBI web site showed Chicago's homicide rate was 4 times the combined rate of the six largest cities in Florida. But wait, Florida has a concealed carry law... perhaps that is a deterrent?
it is not illegal to own a firearm in chicago. you can own and store long guns (shotguns and rifles) and you can own a handgun as well u just can store or carry it in chicago!
JIM

Hinsdale, IL

#11 Feb 16, 2006
JIM wrote:
<quoted text>

it is not illegal to own a firearm in chicago. you can own and store long guns (shotguns and rifles) and you cant own a handgun as well u just can store or carry it in chicago!
cant
Jon Clary

Bourbonnais, IL

#12 Feb 18, 2006
FOID Card? What is a FOID card? I applied for a card in September of 2005 and the ISP claims they never received my application. Still no word on my card. I reapplied in January and still no application has been received. Funny that both those checks were cashed but no applications were received
Pokey Mon

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#13 Feb 21, 2006
Jon Clary, the guy to call at the FOID bureau is Mr. Greg Luchen at 217-782-3960. He is a good guy and will straighten things out so you can get you FOID without additional cost.
Haskell

United States

#16 Feb 28, 2006
Is it legal for a store owner to have a gun behind the counter in Chicago? Since handguns are illegal in Chicago, does it have to be a "long gun"? Does anyone have any tips for researching this? The city of chicago site has outdated information.
old man

United States

#17 Feb 28, 2006
Thats ok Jon, Rod got the money.
That is the important thing.
dee

United States

#18 Feb 28, 2006
Retired2005 wrote:
i live in lombard and owning a firearm is legal here,as long as it is registered and you have a foid card.there might be a few more but chicago is the only one i know where its illegal.plus floridas crime and other states that allow you to carry,their crime rate has dropped alot.
dee

United States

#19 Feb 28, 2006
JIM wrote:
<quoted text>

cant
they banned owning a hand gun in chicago along time ago,dont you watch the news.you can own a hunting rifle,and i think a shotgun,but not a hand gun legally.whoever wrote
(cant)is right.
Doug

Stoy, IL

#29 Apr 10, 2006
I feel very strongly against the FOID card. It is a DIRECT violation of the 2 cond amendment rights. The FOID violates the second amendment. Look at the constitution! Arming civillins keeps the society balanced. And will limit crimes. Crooks can always get guns. The Foid makes criminals out of honest civillians. I know this from experience. I have been around guns since I was 8 years old. My father was in the military, so I belive in the gun as a very important part for the people to keep freedom. I was out target shooting when I neighbor got angry and called the cops. They came an hour later and entered my home without a warrant, and confiscated my AR-15 rifle. They also sent in the report to the State Police and they revoked my FOID card. This really made me angry. Is this America?? They also took the liberty of releasing the report to my employer, who then fired me from my job. There were NO charges, arrest, nor was there anything released to the newspaper or media. People need to open their eyes. This can happen to anyone. I am a 33 year old Christian man with no records of any wrong doing. Rod Blahg. has to go. He is destroying the State and breaking laws while doing this. The people have got to vote him out. If this keeps up, I really expect another civil war. This is the exact same thing Adolf Hitler did to take over the people of Germany. Take all firearms from the people. As it is going, the police can have all this firepower, and the civillian is hopelessly out-gunned by them. So if they want, they can come in your home and do anything they want. Most people can't afford a lawyer to fight them back. So who is the REAL criminals? The people, or the police?
ace

Dallastown, PA

#30 Apr 10, 2006
JimSneak wrote:
<quoted text>

Damn sure is a deterrent Retired2005. I'm a proud holder of a concealed weapons permit in Florida and have been since December, 1993. I tote an American made Ruger .357 Magnum revolver and feel very safe out on the streets at night in my adopted beloved "Sunshine State." You people up yonder there in Illinois better wake up and start allowing your own citizens to tote. The crooks down this way will oft times "leave you be" for they don't actually know if their intended victim is armed or not. Plus we have the new Castle Doctrine law that allows us to kill ANYONE deemed a threat while we're out and about takin' care of business. There's no longer a "duty to retreat" before blowing the bad guy away. And you cannot be procecuted by the dead crook's family in any way, shape, or form whatsoever. JimSneak (BuzzC)~ Columbia County, FL

~ BuzzC's Spot ~
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-buzzcareysinf...
I don't even trust our cops to have a gun on them. I don't want no concealed weapons permit in this state so we have all types thinking they have a right to pull a gun when ever they feel they are in trouble. And I would never live in Florida because you guys cant even figure out how to vote and they let you people have concealed guns.that's scary
Country Boy

United States

#32 Apr 10, 2006
Nazi Weapons Act of 1938 (Translated to English)

Classified guns for "sporting purposes".
All citizens who wished to purchase firearms had to register with the Nazi officials and have a background check.
Presumed German citizens were hostile and thereby exempted Nazis from the gun control law.
Gave Nazis unrestricted power to decide what kinds of firearms could, or could not be owned by private persons.
The types of ammunition that were legal were subject to control by bureaucrats.
Juveniles under 18 years could not buy firearms and ammunition.
SOUND FAMILIAR? Google Nazi gun control.
ace

Dallastown, PA

#33 Apr 10, 2006
JimSneak wrote:
<quoted text>

No, what's scary are "Sarah Brady" clones such as yourself whom depend upon "whom" for personal protection? I mean since you don't trust cops, and don't like guns in general what ya gonna do when I walk up to ya and say whatever you own is now MINE? Nothing, that's what! I think I like your new car. Bring it over and park it in my driveway this afternoon. And don't forget that pink slip made out to me too, ya hear?

All types? Ha! Fool, get a clue already. If you have any type of criminal record you cannot "legally" tote. But I bet that doesn't stop any of your Chi-town gang bangers none now does it? You're damn tootin' it doesn't!

It's fools like you that DO NOT make this world go 'round...

Posted By: Buzz Carey,(JimSneak)~ Columbia County, Florida USA

~ BuzzC's Spot ~
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-buzzcareysinf...
First off I never said I did not like guns , I just don't think John Wayne want to Be's like you should be allowed to Carrie a concealed weapon just so you can feel safe and play out your childhood cowboy dreams. I don't need to carry a weapon I don't live in 1860 and I'm not worried about being assaulted I can handle myself very well if need be . For you what the hell you carry a 357 , that almost proves you should not Carrie a weapon for defense you don't know crap about weapons and went out and got a big ass 357 when a 9mm or a 380 would be the choice of any avid gun owner and user. So when you have to use your weapon and miss and shoot someones kid, was that worth saving a stupid ass car ? I would put money on the fact I can out shoot you with ether a Pistol or longgun and I would never chance discharging any weapon in a civilian area and anyone who dose needs to go to prison.
The way I look at it you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Michelle

Wentzville, MO

#34 Apr 10, 2006
Okay guys please explain something to me.. I truly want some input on this one... Back in dec of 2005 a 17 yr old kid pulled a bb gun out on my 13 yr old and his 12 yrold friend. Now, this bb gun did NOT have any marking on it to make anyone suspect that this wasa not a real gun... Even the cops said that had he pulled it on them they would have shot the boy. We have now gone to court over this 2 times because the little snot is looking at 2 counts of assult and battery which are misdominors and he has a record already.. The states attorney looked me and my hubby in the eye and said " Well folks it was ONLY and bb gun"... like it really flippin matters.. only being a bb gun would have been taking it up to the kids and saying "hey guys check this out"... Not when you jump off of a second story balcony with gun in hand( which looks like a 9mm) and point it at my child. To me it becomes more then just a flippin bb gun.. Am I wrong? What do you guys think? Thanks!
ace

Dallastown, PA

#35 Apr 10, 2006
I agree with you it could have been bad ,if he shot another kid in the face or eye. see what happens if someone points a bb gun at that States Attorney I bet he wont have the same do nothing opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 31
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) Sep 21 Jorge 195
News The 'Spiritual Battle' Over the Dakota Access P... Sep 20 the Stand 1
News Easy resolution unlikely for contentious Dakota... Sep 19 the Stand 1
News Liberals, Labor Unions Come To Blows Over Dakot... Sep 19 the Stand 1
News Native American Student Union joins efforts opp... Sep 19 the Stand 1
News North Dakota governor hopes for quick pipeline ... Sep 18 the Stand 1
News The 'spiritual battle' over the Dakota Access p... Sep 18 they go 4 them th... 1
More from around the web