Jailing of attorney defies explanation

Jailing of attorney defies explanation

There are 304 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 22, 2009, titled Jailing of attorney defies explanation. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Nancy Murphy, a longtime family court lawyer, almost collapsed outside the Daley Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Chicago Attorney

Chicago, IL

#320 Jun 5, 2009
You are right on in this post. I know all of the players and I am certain there is another side to the story. John Kass has failed to investigate this, the only abuse here is the abuse of the bully pulpit provided by the Tribune.
Mike wrote:
Give me a break! This is third newspaper article about this incident and this female attorney needs to suck it up and move on with her life. I acknowledge that it APPEARS that the Judge overreacted, but it also sounds like the atty. intentionally filled out a false court order.
In other words, the Judge told her to put a, b, c in the order and she must have made some substantive change without his consent. Then, she tried getting the order stamped by the clerk while the Judge was off the bench. The Judge realized this and flew off the handle.
She makes it sound like she is permanently scarred by her 16 hrs in jail, but as lawyer having spent a night or two in jail in my younger days she is completely overreacting and grandstanding. Kass your an A..
Roland for President

Chicago, IL

#321 Jun 5, 2009
lawyer A wrote:
it has acutally disciplined VERY FEW judges, a handful, compared to the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission which regularly disciplines attorneys. The ratios of disipline:attorney compared to discipine: judge are clearly unbalanced.
I had to laugh when I read this comment. I filed a complaint against an attorney who handled my divorce. He was working *on the side* and insisted that I pay him in CASH. Needless to say, his firm didn't know that he was representing me and my attorneys fees were being snorted up his nose. When I lost my case in divorce court due to his indifference and negligence, I filed a complaint with the ADRC. They blew it off. I was told by a friend that "lawyers don't eat their own". The ADRC is crooks covering for crooks. He was right. Put me on that commision and there would be 75% less practicing attorneys. They'd be working at Wal-Mart. Show me an honest lawyer - and I'll show you an honest politician.
Really

Woodridge, IL

#322 Jun 5, 2009
ARDC what a joke and a waste of tax payor's money.
turf doc

Mchenry, IL

#323 Jun 6, 2009
I agree, enough said!
Roland for President wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to laugh when I read this comment. I filed a complaint against an attorney who handled my divorce. He was working *on the side* and insisted that I pay him in CASH. Needless to say, his firm didn't know that he was representing me and my attorneys fees were being snorted up his nose. When I lost my case in divorce court due to his indifference and negligence, I filed a complaint with the ADRC. They blew it off. I was told by a friend that "lawyers don't eat their own". The ADRC is crooks covering for crooks. He was right. Put me on that commision and there would be 75% less practicing attorneys. They'd be working at Wal-Mart. Show me an honest lawyer - and I'll show you an honest politician.
DV Casa to Murphy and

Oak Park, IL

#324 Jun 7, 2009
Carole wrote:
This article is clearly one-sided, as I know Nancy very well. She cannot be trusted and is very conniving & cunning. If Judge Lopez did not comment, it is for a very good reason as he is NOT a bad judge. Judge Lopez is an honorable and very respectful judge. He is also NOT headstrong or volatile…I know this first hand. If Nancy Murphy was held in contempt, it was for very good reason. This article NEEDS to write the FACTS and us readers need to understand that everything we read isn’t always, as it seems. Nancy Murphy has a way of distorting the truth and she has clearly made herself appear as a victim in her version of events. I have experienced Nancy’s deceit and I can’t help but NOT feel sorry for her, as she is an unscrupulous and money-grubbing divorce attorney. By the way, I am not an attorney, just a former client of Nancy’s who is a victim (along with my children) of her unethical and incompetent representation.
Too bad Nancy never represented any Carole's.(confirmed) If you are to speak, use your real name. I worked with her for years while she helped people live and stay in their homes. She is an ethical honest pro bono hard working lawyer who does not bring bs in front of judges. Her heart is in her cases.(we tell her she is nuts) Kass called and talked to everyone. All orders are in the file. Murphy wrote a continucnce order, that is it. Lopez is off his rocker. Check it out yourself before you open your piehole for anyone! There are two sides but Murphy's order is in the Court file. She is innocent! judicial inquirey board contacted her, she did not even tell on him! she should have him arrested! Someone should follow all his orders.
tribune know it all

Oak Park, IL

#325 Jun 7, 2009
Chicago Attorney wrote:
I may not be the Judge's biggest fan, however what is clear from this article is the one sided reporting done by John Kass. He did not even go to the court house and look up the file to determine why Ms. Murphy was held in conetmpt of court. The files are public records. He did not call the opposing attorney to ask for the other side of the story. What happened to unbiased investigative reporting.
He contacted Lopez who did not have a say. He contacted everyone. The court file is where the info came from Chumbolone. Hello she was held in contempt for failure to write a draft order according to his majesty's so called orders. Read the file or the papers or Lopez own story.
Southside Hitmen

Chicago, IL

#326 Jun 8, 2009
DV Casa to Murphy and wrote:
<quoted text> Too bad Nancy never represented any Carole's.(confirmed) If you are to speak, use your real name. I worked with her for years while she helped people live and stay in their homes. She is an ethical honest pro bono hard working lawyer who does not bring bs in front of judges. Her heart is in her cases.(we tell her she is nuts) Kass called and talked to everyone. All orders are in the file. Murphy wrote a continucnce order, that is it. Lopez is off his rocker. Check it out yourself before you open your piehole for anyone! There are two sides but Murphy's order is in the Court file. She is innocent! judicial inquirey board contacted her, she did not even tell on him! she should have him arrested! Someone should follow all his orders.
Nancy Murphy is one of the most underhanded people I have ever met.
clown

Chicago, IL

#327 Jun 8, 2009
This woman is no angel. My life is in a shambles because of her. Do not hire her.
clown

Chicago, IL

#328 Jun 8, 2009
Southside Hitmen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for speaking the truth. My life and world was turned upside down because of her and I owe her tens of thousands of dollars for DOING NOTHING. She calls and threatens me when she doesn't receive the $50 per month I can afford to pay her.

DO NOT HIRE THIS WOMAN EVER!
just waiting

Chicago, IL

#329 Jun 8, 2009
she got what she deserved. I'm taking her to court the end of this year. Let's see what Klass has to say then.
Carole

Chicago, IL

#330 Jun 12, 2009
Right, "GET ALONG," with attorneys who charge Outrageous fees for alleged hours & hours of work and HORRIBLE to NO results...not to mention "GET ALONG," with Judges who DO NOT follow statutory, precendent, or ANY laws for that matter! You lose everything, your children, your house, your assets....and we should just try to "GET ALONG????"
Yeh, Right!
turf doc wrote:
I never met Nancy, but it sounds like you have, can't everyone try to get along. I know it's hard, hell, for me it's a daily event. Everyone try to be nice, it makes a difference, think about it.<quoted text>
Next

Libertyville, IL

#331 Jun 12, 2009
Judges have a thing called immunity, thats why they dont follow the law and make up their own rules, they cant get in trouble. This has to change in America, contact your legislators to create a bill to make judges accountable for their actions. You need to make yourself heard by these State reps and senators; let them know you are tired of the court system, and it needs an over hall right now and not tomorrow.
Big Dick Byrne

AOL

#332 Jun 23, 2009
If I get a badge, can I beat-up a lady bartender and just walk away?
Big Dick Byrne

AOL

#333 Jun 23, 2009
Was the judge a friendly judge to cops to let the cop go with a slap on the wrist?
turf doc

Roselle, IL

#334 Jun 23, 2009
Good luck! I better not be there!
Big Dick Byrne wrote:
If I get a badge, can I beat-up a lady bartender and just walk away?
grow up

Oak Park, IL

#335 Jun 27, 2009
clown wrote:
This woman is no angel. My life is in a shambles because of her. Do not hire her.
did you ever discuss this with her or did you just stiff her?
dv casa to murphy

Oak Park, IL

#336 Jun 27, 2009
Southside Hitmen wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny that she has no dissatisfied clients. you either took advantage of her and owe her money or you were on the other side of the case she won. there is no other kind of person who has complained. so if she represented you, you must owe her money and now you complain.
Southside Hitmen

Chicago, IL

#337 Jun 29, 2009
dv casa to murphy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny that she has no dissatisfied clients. you either took advantage of her and owe her money or you were on the other side of the case she won. there is no other kind of person who has complained. so if she represented you, you must owe her money and now you complain.
First : She was not my attorney.
Second: I won the case.
Third: I have proof (written) that she is underhanded and a liar.

Have a nice day.
Stop the Corruption

Knoxville, TN

#338 Jul 6, 2009
Mr. Kas- As many have stated before me on this article, you and your media service would do fellow Illinoisian's and taxpayers a great service if you would keep up your investigations on the Cook County Domestic Relations Division, especially court room #1905 that is occupied by one of the most corrupt judges of all time, Mosche Jacobius. This judge thinks that he is God and can re-write the law(s) the way he sees fit, commit judicial misconduct, and child abuse all at the expense of parents and their children. Only to line the pockets of attorneys and Child Reps that are on his "friends and family list" that resides on the left side of his desk. Corrupt scumbag judges like this need to be stopped and put away...quickly.
Gladithappened

Blue Island, IL

#339 Oct 31, 2009
Mark Winshel wrote:
Concerning Posts #256 and #257 from "Gladithappened," while I do not know about the ethics of Nancy Murphy specifically, however concerning the "ethics" of most lawyers it is extreme defamation to compare a snake to most lawyers, and anyone who does so owes a big apology to snakes.
No I don't she's a bitch and may she rot in hell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you see Paris Switzerland and Germany Dec 4 Kay 1
Why don't you leave Trump alone Dec 4 Kay 1
Election Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Dec 4 VoteToo 1,994
Election Who are you voting for in the Illinois Governor... (Oct '14) Dec 4 VoteToo 24
News Illegal alien advocate, Rep. Gutierrez announce... Dec 1 wazmo 15
Rio ATM skimmers (Jan '17) Nov 29 dlkordie 10
Join the Illinois State Militia. (Jan '11) Nov 27 Andy Vargas 4
More from around the web