Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 Full story: CBS2 51,294

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52413 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angle wrote:
<quoted text>
NO that is not all they ever wanted.
if that was the case they could have pushed for more/al benefits through civil union.
They already had most of the benefits through it.
It would have been a lot easier and faster to do it through civil unions.
Who do you think you're kidding with that lie? Most of the states that banned same sex marriage also banned civil unions. The federal government doesn't recognize civil unions.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52414 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean like this gay bar does
http://www.gay.net/nightlife/2014/02/24/wehos...
Geez....... scoping out gay.net , eh? Is there something you wish to tell us?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52415 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i would go elsewhere.
you really think i would want to eat food from a place that didn't want me as a customer ?
i never sued anyone in my life and not about to.
i would just walk away from that kind of situation.
there are always other places.
those gays were looking for trouble.
They knew that baker. It was a neighborhood bakery.
Unlike gays i don't go looking for confrontations in my life.
If i can settle a problem with reason great if not i'll go elsewhere.
No, you just make up another self serving LIE, and whine about it ad nauseum.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52416 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.gay.net/nightlife/2 014/02/24/wehos-abbey-will-enf orce-deny-entry-list-antigay-l egislators
how about this for the GAY AGENDA
here is a bar that had a DO NOT ENTRY LIST based on people who oppose gays
yet if some baker tries a do not serve list oh gosh its against the law.
gotta run that baker out of business.
gays are HYPOCRITES
but that is the GAY AGENDA for ya.
You have a child-like understanding of anti-discrimination law. "People who oppose gays" is NOT a protected class!
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#52417 Feb 28, 2014
So in other words. YOU just lost that argument.
Next.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52418 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
it would have made both sides happy .
Gays would the benefits they keep saying it was all about
Christians would still have the sanctity of marriage protected
nest time read it before you wise off
No it wouldn't. Civil unions aren't recognized by the federal government.

Instead of continually spreading LIES, why don't you do some research and stop being a dumbass?
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#52419 Feb 28, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez....... scoping out gay.net , eh? Is there something you wish to tell us?
not that it matter but I got the story from
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/02/27/...
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#52420 Feb 28, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont need to lie and leave that up to the gays like you
Earth Angel

Kenosha, WI

#52421 Feb 28, 2014
CDC wrote:
Next.
<quoted text>
LOL yep he sure did
Ace

Christopher, IL

#52422 Feb 28, 2014
For most people who are in the kingdom of darkness, they have no idea they are subject to Satan's authority and power. That suits Satan perfectly well.(Recommended reading: The Enemy's Power). They'll soberly and painfully figure it out quickly once they die. So to keep them blinded and deceived while they are still alive on this planet, Satan allows them to establish their own little kingdom. We can call that the kingdom of homosexuals. God doesn't consider that to be a kingdom, nor does Satan really, but as long as it keeps people from desiring to be translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ ... Satan is content to let it remain, because it has worked well for him down through time. Anything Satan can use to keep people from willing to be translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ means ultimate victory for Satan

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#52423 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angle wrote:
<quoted text>
NO that is not all they ever wanted.
if that was the case they could have pushed for more/al benefits through civil union.
They already had most of the benefits through it.
It would have been a lot easier and faster to do it through civil unions.
Separate, but equal, has never been equal. Further, there were over 1,400 federal benefits that the federal government wouldn't recognize by civil unions.

So, as you can plainly see, civil unions were neither easier, faster or better for anyone.
Earth Angle wrote:
<quoted text>

That is why it won't end and the proof of that is look at this thread and how long its been here and how many posts it has.
what its really about is the GAY AGENDA
GAY AGENDA = Forcing everyone especially the religious to accept gays and their sex practice as though it was normal. and to destroy the lives of anyone who does not accept them. To use the fact that they are gay as a weapon of intimidation to get ahead in jobs or anything else that they want where under normal circumstance they would have to wait their turn and possibly not succeed.
If there WAS a gay agenda, it's pretty much moot at this point given that we have marriage equality. I gave you a definition of "GAY AGENDA" the other day. You didn't like it because it was really more about oppression by fundamentalist than progress by LGBT people.
Earth Angle wrote:
<quoted text>

that waitress was great example of the GAY AGENDA
she tried to use being a lesbian as a means of intimidating her boss as well as getting innocent people to donate money to her that she never deserved.
And by using the GAY AGENDA she tried to ruin the reputation of an innocent couple who in fact actually did tip her.
That's a bit of a stretch. How 'bout this: the lesbian waitress was a publicity whore. Period. She tried to get some attention and found out that she bit of WAY more than she could handle.

Not unlike your daily participation here, eh?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52424 Feb 28, 2014
CDC wrote:
Next.
<quoted text>
Don't they always!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#52425 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>

Unlike gays i don't go looking for confrontations in my life.
If i can settle a problem with reason great if not i'll go elsewhere.
gays dont do that.
Generalize much? Do you ACTUALLY even know ANY gay people?

You have to realize that these kinds of statement make you look like an aging fool. Kind of like when my aunt used to use the "N" word without realizing she was being offensive.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#52426 Feb 28, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I woke up this morning and guess what?
Ss couples are STILL only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
Smile.
So you woke up thinking of your own delusional nonsense that means nothing to anyone but you. Yeah, that's not surprising. You're your biggest and only fan.

Gregory Kirschmann is STILL only ever mentally sterile, pointlessly cut and pasting nonsense that will always mean absolutely nothing in the real world.

Give Sandy a pet on the head for us.
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52427 Feb 28, 2014
Ace wrote:
For most people who are in the kingdom of darkness, they have no idea they are subject to Satan's authority and power. That suits Satan perfectly well.(Recommended reading: The Enemy's Power). They'll soberly and painfully figure it out quickly once they die. So to keep them blinded and deceived while they are still alive on this planet, Satan allows them to establish their own little kingdom. We can call that the kingdom of homosexuals. God doesn't consider that to be a kingdom, nor does Satan really, but as long as it keeps people from desiring to be translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ ... Satan is content to let it remain, because it has worked well for him down through time. Anything Satan can use to keep people from willing to be translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ means ultimate victory for Satan
AMEN!!!!!!!!
truth

Saint Louis, MO

#52428 Feb 28, 2014
Ace wrote:
Oh! It's story time. I love a good fairy tale.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52429 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
not that it matter but I got the story from
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/02/27/...
ahahahahahahah
ahahhahahahaha
ahahahahhaha

Rush Limpballs?

hahahaahahah
hahahahaah

You really are a gullible sap, aren't you?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52430 Feb 28, 2014
CDC wrote:
Next.
<quoted text>
What argument?
Scott

Manhattan, IL

#52431 Feb 28, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! It's story time. I love a good fairy tale.
Yes; we know that you do.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#52432 Feb 28, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont need to lie and leave that up to the gays like you
I've already caught you in several lies.

Do you really expect people to believe that you aren't aware of the lies you tell?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Wed IUEC 7,564
Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Dec 20 Justice1313 1,972
Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) Dec 18 Mike 141
Tuesday's election will be hard to take sober Dec 18 swedenforever 182
GOP Victory Sets Stage for Fresh Antiabortion... Dec 17 tha Professor 70
U.S navy Dec 15 Justin 1
Governor Blagojevich being forced to put commit... (Jun '06) Dec 13 Banana Hammock 16
More from around the web