Illinois moves to grant drivers licenses to illegal immigrants

Dec 4, 2012 Full story: Reuters 73

Illinois took a major step on Tuesday toward granting drivers licenses to illegal immigrants, which would make it the most populous U.S. state to allow undocumented migrants to legally drive.

Full Story
Dane T

AOL

#23 Dec 5, 2012
Eleanor wrote:
If it is illegal to enter a country without documentation, it should likewise be illegal for a state to grant anything more than DEPORTATION DOCUMENTS to that illegal immigrant.
We should open our borders and allow any needy soul to use us like a rented Mule. We must force our own families to make any sacrifice in service to Will of The Obama and the New World Order. If The Obama says it is all our pitiful families deserve, so be it.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#24 Dec 5, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
We should open our borders and allow any needy soul to use us like a rented Mule. We must force our own families to make any sacrifice in service to Will of The Obama and the New World Order. If The Obama says it is all our pitiful families deserve, so be it.
Too bad Obama vetoed that tough, hard-hitting Republican immigration reform law, huh?

Oh, wait....
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#25 Dec 5, 2012
I'll take hard working Hispanic immigrants over (c)rappers and thugs any day!!
Dane T

AOL

#26 Dec 5, 2012
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Obama vetoed that tough, hard-hitting Republican immigration reform law, huh?
Oh, wait....
Times have changed. Elections have consequences. We are pitiful and hopeless now and must accept our miserable fate as tax slaves to the whims of Big Brother. If the Illegals want their families to be Slaves they are more than welcome to help us shoulder the endless burdens heaped on us in the name of Social Justice for all........SUCKERS!!!
Crack Head

Bedford, OH

#27 Dec 5, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
My question is, what do the car insurance companies have to say about this? They will be paying more claims because of the DUI accidents.
It will be just as it is now, if an "ILLEGAL" gets drivers licenses under a "FAKE" name, if they pay for insurance, and get in a wreck, the insurance companies DON'T PAY A DIME! Becuase, the insurance was obtained FRAUDUALATNLY, with a fake name!!!
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#30 Dec 5, 2012
Illinois moves to grant drivers licenses to illegal immigrants

Susana Martinez Repealing Legislature On License Access For Undocumented Immigrants In New Mexico, Some Data Points To Fraud
Liberals r jealous

Rochester, MN

#31 Dec 5, 2012
Critics say it's obvious what is happening.

"This is yet another sign of how New Mexico's driver's license has been compromised and is not secure," said Scott Darnell, a spokesman for Martinez. "When business addresses are being used as residential addresses by a large number of foreign nationals for the purpose of obtaining a driver's license, it's highly concerning and it points to the presence of fraud that has persisted in this program for some time."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/new-...

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#32 Dec 5, 2012
Justin wrote:
Well, they should at least be required to pass the DMV exam and have proof of insurance.
Do you think these people will obey the law? Any felony accident and they can be deported. No license gives them any legal status and a felony gets you deported because they are still in the country illegally.

"To give you an idea of how fast the United States careens into Third World standard operating procedure, in Greeley, Colorado last year, police recorded 270 hit and run accidents last year. Greeley, with less than 70,000 residents, houses the largest contingent of Mexicans in Colorado. They illegally work at the meat packing plant. They drink like fish after work. They drive. With these realities, driving on Saturday nights in Greeley places you in great danger.

In Colorado's Department of Motor Vehicles, last year, two Hispanics employees gave over 200 illegal aliens Commercial Driver's Licenses and hundreds regular licenses. Those illegals couldn't read a test let alone take it or pass it with their sixth grade educations in Spanish. Yet, they drove on our highways in 50,000 pound 18-wheelers running at 70 miles per hour and were implicated in over 26 crashes."

http://rense.com/general69/spiral.htm

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#33 Dec 6, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Since illegals are going to drive no matter what, I'd rather they at least be able to get a license and have some familiarity with the rules of the road.
Hopefully they will also have to carry auto insurance as well.
Yep, screw the laws of America. It been the way of the left. Let's legalize murder, then the fun will begin.
conservative crapola

Whitehall, PA

#34 Dec 6, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
This shovel-ready job of digging teaturd graves is going very well.

bwahahahahahahahahahaha
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#35 Dec 6, 2012
Crack Head wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be just as it is now, if an "ILLEGAL" gets drivers licenses under a "FAKE" name, if they pay for insurance, and get in a wreck, the insurance companies DON'T PAY A DIME! Becuase, the insurance was obtained FRAUDUALATNLY, with a fake name!!!
WRONG!!! I worked in insurance for years and we represented one company that allowed illegals to get insurance using a Mexican driver's license. You don't have to have a DL issued in the US to get auto insurance. Chances are if you are hit by an insured illegal, they will have Progressive and they will pay.
Dane T

AOL

#36 Dec 6, 2012
Super Anonymous Proxy wrote:
I love to see the racist get mad over this. hahahaahahaaaa!!!
Oh yeah.......this is great........You are the voice of reason.....Mr. Mexifornia. How is that going for your nearly bankrupt joke of a State?

Swarming with unassimilating illegals who cost CA taxpayers $6 Billion in benies last year alone and have reduced your pathetic Public Schools to 47th out of the 50 states.

Yeah....YOU are the voice of reason........LOL.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#37 Dec 6, 2012
Super Anonymous Proxy wrote:
<quoted text>
You should go back to Europe also.
exactly where you can your roots back also, you first
Justin

United States

#38 Dec 6, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
I'll take hard working Hispanic immigrants over (c)rappers and thugs any day!!
I understand your sentiment. It is frustrating to watch America degrade into a nation of whiny co-dependents with all their complaints and sense of entitlement. There are American citizens who have been on unemployment for more than a year. They think they're too good to get a little dirt under their fingernails. The Mexicans are crossing the border and eating their lunch.

Honestly, the majority of Mexicans in the US are good people. I I believe they susceptible to manipulation by the Democrats, but they are good people. I won't kick a guy just because he's breaking the law to provide the best life for his family.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#39 Dec 6, 2012
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
This shovel-ready job of digging teaturd graves is going very well.
bwahahahahahahahahahaha
///The graves will be in Syria, because Obama sold them chemical weapons.

When they count the dead, thank Obama.This is what Benghazi was about and Stevens tried to stop it. That's why no help was sent.

SYRIA 'LOADS SARIN NERVE GAS INTO BOMBS'...
CSULB Josh

Long Beach, CA

#40 Dec 6, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>///The graves will be in Syria, because Obama sold them chemical weapons.
When they count the dead, thank Obama.This is what Benghazi was about and Stevens tried to stop it. That's why no help was sent.
SYRIA 'LOADS SARIN NERVE GAS INTO BOMBS'...
Believe it or not, even some Democrats are ashamed by the way Obama bungled Benghasi and wish the murders hadn't occurred. But, the Party has changed and very few care.
Justin

United States

#41 Dec 6, 2012
I'm not an advocate for illegal immigration, and I don't particularly like the idea of 12 million legalized immigrats either. Having entire states in the Union where Spanish is the 1st language will add nothing to our culture, poltical system, or economic competitiveness.

However, if you guys want to kick all the illegal immigrants out of the U.S., we're going to have to institute a "Tough Love" policy on our American citizens, and kick them off of the public dole. If we don't, then America's economy will screech to a halt.

I also have to say that there is somthing sick about kicking an illegal immigrant in the ass, when all he's doing is trying to support his family...
...especially when there are so many millions of young American men who never earned an honest day's wage in their life and won't even acknowledge the paternity of the kids they sire out of wedlock.

Sorry if that makes some my fellow Americans angry, but I have to be intellectually honest and true to my own conservative beliefs.

I honestly don't think America can solve it's economic, political, and immigration problems with a president who tries to be Mr. Nice Guy with all constituency groups. If you look back at history, America has always had a mean streak.

Even the founding fathers had a saying that went something like this: "If you don't work, then you don't eat.". That's what America was built upon, it's in our national DNA, so let's be true to who we really are. Only then will we solve our problems.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#42 Dec 6, 2012
Justin wrote:
I'm not an advocate for illegal immigration, and I don't particularly like the idea of 12 million legalized immigrats either. Having entire states in the Union where Spanish is the 1st language will add nothing to our culture, poltical system, or economic competitiveness.
However, if you guys want to kick all the illegal immigrants out of the U.S., we're going to have to institute a "Tough Love" policy on our American citizens, and kick them off of the public dole. If we don't, then America's economy will screech to a halt.
I also have to say that there is somthing sick about kicking an illegal immigrant in the ass, when all he's doing is trying to support his family...
...especially when there are so many millions of young American men who never earned an honest day's wage in their life and won't even acknowledge the paternity of the kids they sire out of wedlock.
Sorry if that makes some my fellow Americans angry, but I have to be intellectually honest and true to my own conservative beliefs.
I honestly don't think America can solve it's economic, political, and immigration problems with a president who tries to be Mr. Nice Guy with all constituency groups. If you look back at history, America has always had a mean streak.
Even the founding fathers had a saying that went something like this: "If you don't work, then you don't eat.". That's what America was built upon, it's in our national DNA, so let's be true to who we really are. Only then will we solve our problems.
2 Thes 3:10 Even while we were with you, we gave you this ruls: "Whoever does not work should not eat."

#43 Dec 6, 2012
Dane T wrote:
<quoted text>
Times have changed. Elections have consequences. We are pitiful and hopeless now and must accept our miserable fate as tax slaves to the whims of Big Brother. If the Illegals want their families to be Slaves they are more than welcome to help us shoulder the endless burdens heaped on us in the name of Social Justice for all........SUCKERS!!!
Your whining and sobbing are keeping the neighborhood awake. Get over it!

;)

#44 Dec 6, 2012
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Thes 3:10 Even while we were with you, we gave you this ruls: "Whoever does not work should not eat."
Most immigrants, legal or not, work very hard for little pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,929
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 49,859
Kadner: Company seeks to open marijuana store i... 14 hr Ex Smart Guy 5
dcfs tearing apart familie (Mar '06) Thu FalselyAccused36 1,289
Illinois lottery scam? (Feb '10) Thu markswitzer 135
Chicago, rest of Illinois split over using tax ... Thu Lifelong 1
Video of lawmaker tirade resurfaces in House race Sep 17 Obama Bad 5
•••

Illinois People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE