Illinois judge OKs marriage licenses ...

Illinois judge OKs marriage licenses for gay couples dealing with terminal illnesses

There are 7 comments on the Wisconsin Gazette story from Dec 16, 2013, titled Illinois judge OKs marriage licenses for gay couples dealing with terminal illnesses. In it, Wisconsin Gazette reports that:

Gay couples who want to wed immediately in Illinois because one partner has a life-threatening illness could do so starting today , rather than waiting until the state's same-sex law takes effect in June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wisconsin Gazette.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Dec 17, 2013
A compassionate Judge who places the human factor first.
Earl

Austin, TX

#2 Dec 17, 2013
Why do gays dying from AIDS want to get "married"?
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#3 Dec 17, 2013
snyper wrote:
There are events and attitudes that some argue to be antigay; that some question being antigay; and so forth. Opinions may differ.

To me, where this issue of compassion is centered, anyone who DOESN'T find antigay reactions antigay is nuts. I may not say so, but I will privately think so every time.

When cases and stories like these become public fodder for discussion, the fact that the antigay *never, never* react with compassion even in *these extreme* cases is a clear sign to me that -- very generally speaking -- the antigay are exactly what they have been labeled as, and tirelessly: hateful, bigoted, vicious, almost subhuman and shockingly childish individuals.

These are the cases that I think bring out the worst in the pro-gay, and this is why I forgive the pro-gay daily for their own viciousness, as well.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Dec 17, 2013
snyper wrote:
And simply ignores the law on a whim.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 17, 2013
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
There are events and attitudes that some argue to be antigay; that some question being antigay; and so forth. Opinions may differ.
To me, where this issue of compassion is centered, anyone who DOESN'T find antigay reactions antigay is nuts. I may not say so, but I will privately think so every time.
When cases and stories like these become public fodder for discussion, the fact that the antigay *never, never* react with compassion even in *these extreme* cases is a clear sign to me that -- very generally speaking -- the antigay are exactly what they have been labeled as, and tirelessly: hateful, bigoted, vicious, almost subhuman and shockingly childish individuals.
These are the cases that I think bring out the worst in the pro-gay, and this is why I forgive the pro-gay daily for their own viciousness, as well.
At least the noisiest of them, certainly.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 17, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And simply ignores the law on a whim.
Justice includes balancing the human factor.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#7 Dec 17, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice includes balancing the human factor.
Why have a legislature then ? Just let the judges rule by decree.(Elect me King and I will rule with an Iron Sceptre. But ALWAYS be Fair. And Balanced.:))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illinois lottery scam? (Feb '10) 1 hr Butchieboy 216
News Thaddeus S. "Ted" Lechowicz, 1938-2009: Cook Co... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jackson Browne 2
News Former Hells Angels Leader Sentenced (Nov '06) Thu Jimmy R 252
News Budget showdown: Senate Democrats OK $5.4 billi... May 23 Geezer 1
News Barack Obama is a Christian (Dec '07) May 23 WelbyMD 4,894
News Ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich files another appeal on... May 22 online reality bu... 1
Election Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) May 20 letsolvethis 1,989
More from around the web