Judge: Ill. gay couples can marry now

Judge: Ill. gay couples can marry now

There are 8 comments on the WYFF-TV Greenville story from Feb 21, 2014, titled Judge: Ill. gay couples can marry now. In it, WYFF-TV Greenville reports that:

Same-sex couples in Chicago and surrounding Cook County can marry immediately and won't have to wait until June 1 for a state law legalizing gay marriage to take effect, a federal judge ruled Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYFF-TV Greenville.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2014
WOW! Gay guys make the best lawyers
.
It must have something to do with our new and improved custom brain design that overpowers our feeble-minded competition
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Feb 21, 2014
In my experience, rigid thinkers make very poor trial lawyers.

I would be really interested to see some stats on the courtroom success rates of Liberty University graduates.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Feb 22, 2014
Strel wrote:
In my experience, rigid thinkers make very poor trial lawyers.
I would be really interested to see some stats on the courtroom success rates of Liberty University graduates.
"Liberty University" is a misnomer if there ever was one.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Feb 22, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
WOW! Gay guys make the best lawyers
.
It must have something to do with our new and improved custom brain design that overpowers our feeble-minded competition
Actually the Prop 8 case over reached and accomplished far less than the carefully considered Windsor case. Former was men, latter was a female lead attorney.
my opinion

Hickory, NC

#5 Feb 23, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
WOW! Gay guys make the best lawyers
.
It must have something to do with our new and improved custom brain design that overpowers our feeble-minded competition
Wait until they stand before the Lord and He says,
"Depart from Me, I never knew you."
Then they'll get it and have eternity, without end,
He says "it is an abomination."
to contemplate their evil and wicked ways.
God says in his Word that he hates homosexuality.
Why do you think he destroyed Sodom and
Gomorrah.
Hell is horrible, no end, forever in pain and horible.
Do you really want to face that.
Time has ceased; it goes on and on and on.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7 Feb 24, 2014
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
.......
Why do you think he destroyed Sodom and
Gomorrah.
....
In the Sodom fable, there is NO mention of anyone in the town being attracted only to the same gender. Even Lot was aware that the townspeople at the door were not gay. After all, he felt that raping his virgin DAUGHTERS would disburse the mob.

Try again, using common sense, and read what the Bible itself says about the "Sin of Sodom". I suggest using the translations written before they ADDED the word "homosexual".

It's a very recent addition.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Feb 24, 2014
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait until they stand before the Lord and He says,
"Depart from Me, I never knew you."
Then they'll get it and have eternity, without end,
He says "it is an abomination."
to contemplate their evil and wicked ways.
God says in his Word that he hates homosexuality.
Why do you think he destroyed Sodom and
Gomorrah.
Hell is horrible, no end, forever in pain and horible.
Do you really want to face that.
Time has ceased; it goes on and on and on.
So if you don't get to Heaven you're sentenced to an eternity in a Democratic National Convention. In NEW JERSEY !.
Fundies R Mentally ill

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 24, 2014
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait until they stand before the Lord and He says,
"Depart from Me, I never knew you."
Then they'll get it and have eternity, without end,
He says "it is an abomination."
Why, apart from your personal sexual problems, do you not similarly rail about those who violate the headlining Commandments by coveting or by taking the lawd's name in vain, you sick pos? Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bernie Sanders surprises Hillary Clinton in Mic... Jun 26 T-BOS 41
News Chicago-area black population drops as resident... Jun 26 KIP 23
"The Navy" The worst thing you can do to yourself (Apr '06) Jun 26 Awoman 2,785
News Newspaper: Man given clemency in murder case fa... Jun 25 LGBT for NCexit a... 1
Can the newly elected Carrollton alderman save ... (Apr '15) Jun 23 Greene County Wat... 30
News Rauner says GOP could lose seats this fall, tur... Jun 22 Toni OBrien 1
News Ex-Illinois governor petitions for Chicago mayo... Jun 21 Ferrisbueller 2
More from around the web