However court rules, gay marriage debate won't end

Mar 28, 2013 Full story: NewsCenter 25 2,351

However the Supreme Court rules after its landmark hearings on same-sex marriage, the issue seems certain to divide Americans and states for many years to come.

Full Story

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#2208 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ex-gay...LOL...
Antoine Dodson
Hide Ya Penises ...
I'm NO LONGER GAY
Antoine Dodson -- the flamboyant home intruder thwarter -- says he's "no longer into homosexuality" ... so you can run and tell THAT, homeboy.
Actually, Dodson posted a statement on Facebook explaining that he's decided to "renounce myself" -- because, "I want a wife and family, I want to multiply and raise and love my family that I create."
He explains, "I could care less about the fame and fortune, I've giving all that up to know the true history of the bible. For I am the True Chosen Hebrew Israelite descendant of Judah."
FYI -- the Hebrew Israelies (also known as the Black Israelites) believe they are the descendants of the ancient Israelites ... but they don't consider themselves as "Jewish." They also believe in Satan.
As for Dodson, he explains, "As True Israel I know that there are certain things we just can't do. And I totally understand that now. I don't need a Mercedes Benz, I don't need a big house in Beverly Hills all I need is the Most High and my family (Israel). I have been awaken by the great and so should you."
He concludes, "Hate me if you must, bash me if you must, I won't break, do what you will, for this is my calling."
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/03/antoine-dodson-...
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com
Ho hum. We've heard it all before. Did you know that my husband was ex-gay? If you read about Mr. Paulk's adventures, then you know what happens to most ex-gays: They turn ex-ex-gay.

I'm sure there are a few actual homosexuals who confine themselves to heterosexual activity in order to fit in with some norm that is important to them. There are many more bi-sexuals who choose to stop acting on their same-sex attractions for the same reason. There are, undoubtedly, even a few sexually-confused heterosexual who leave a life of unnatural same-sex activity behind.

But by and large, today's ex-gay is tomorrow's ex-ex-gay--if he is lucky--or tomorrow's suicide if she isn't.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#2209 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
They swear off getting involved...not women...
LOL!! So, right now, I'm picturing a guy, sitting in a bar, frustrated and pissed off about something his girlfriend did. He takes a long swill from his beer, slams the empty glass down on the table and declares, "I am swearing off all future involvement!"

Really??

No, he swears off women. Which doesn't mean that he's going to out back and start sucking dicks (despite your personal experience to the contrary).

Don't you ever get tired of pretending you don't understand what's going on so that you can stand by your positions?

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2210 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me...you are the one who swore them off....
I already told you, but since you have to continue to pretend you don't understand what's going on, let me repeat it.

I swore off men for just over five years before I met my husband. I didn't turn to women or boys or animals or houseplants. I simply lived a deliriously happy, completely celibate life surrounded by good friends and lots of good times.

When I met the man that would later become my husband, all that changed.

Let me know if I need to repeat myself again. I know you memory is remarkably short when it comes to reality.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2211 May 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, people don't choose their sexual orientation, they can only choose whether to accept their natural sexuality or pretend to be something they aren't
In the end their natural orientation always wins out.
Agreed...nature always wins....and what's more natural then two people making a baby together???

He is in fact 'choosing' to not be gay...sorry you can't accept that with him...you are so 'close-minded'....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2212 May 6, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I already told you, but since you have to continue to pretend you don't understand what's going on, let me repeat it.
I swore off men for just over five years before I met my husband. I didn't turn to women or boys or animals or houseplants. I simply lived a deliriously happy, completely celibate life surrounded by good friends and lots of good times.
When I met the man that would later become my husband, all that changed.
Let me know if I need to repeat myself again. I know you memory is remarkably short when it comes to reality.
You 'choose' to not be with men when you 'swear them off' right??? Just saying...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2213 May 6, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the research does not opine on whether there is a genetic component to same-sex orientation. It merely notes a possible contributory circumstance in the womb. The research is quite preliminary, and there is no reason to believe it applies to all instances of same-sex orientation.
Moreover, it does not refute the well-developed body of evidence that genetics play an important role in same-sex attaction.
<quoted text>
If one were able to determine what hormones contributed to left-handedness, should we take "corrective" measures? If we determined the stage at which the brown-eyed gene began expressing, should we take corrective action so that our baby have blue eyes? Perhaps we should also take corrective action against hair-color expression: Who doesn't want blonde-haired, blue-eyed offspring? Now, let's talk about skin color: We can control that, too.
Well actually what it's saying is...they don't know what caused homosexuality, so you all can stop saying it's innate...there is not one shred of evidence to support that statement...

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2214 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
You 'choose' to not be with men when you 'swear them off' right??? Just saying...
And when you're not pretending you don't understand the issues at hand, you split hairs to such a ridiculous extreme as to make it REALLY obvious that you, still, have.... no..... valid..... argument.

Got that? It's important.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2215 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...nature always wins....and what's more natural then two people making a baby together???
He is in fact 'choosing' to not be gay...sorry you can't accept that with him...you are so 'close-minded'....
You know what's equally natural?? Two people NOT making a baby together. It happens every day.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2216 May 6, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's equally natural?? Two people NOT making a baby together. It happens every day.
Well the opposite happens every day as well...and will continue to happen every day as well....

Not making a baby is not 'natural' if you are not 'naturally doing' what it takes to make a baby....

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#2217 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the opposite happens every day as well...and will continue to happen every day as well....
Not making a baby is not 'natural' if you are not 'naturally doing' what it takes to make a baby....
NEWSFLASH!!! According to GTF, every sexual act should produce a baby. Otherwise it's unnatural sex!

(Why does God cause so many miscarriages? Why does God create homosexual animals and humans? Why did God design us to enjoy sex even when it doesn't produce a baby?)

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2218 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! You DO realize, I'm sure, that MOST straight couples, MOST OF THE TIME, go to GREAT LENGTHS to ensure that their sexual activity does NOT produce a baby, right??

Maybe you should be spending your time trying to outlaw birth control instead of trying to get gay people to have unprotected sex with people they're not attracted to. I suspect you'd be about as successful banning birth control as you are with us gays, but why not give it a try??

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2219 May 6, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
NEWSFLASH!!! According to GTF, every sexual act should produce a baby. Otherwise it's unnatural sex!
(Why does God cause so many miscarriages? Why does God create homosexual animals and humans? Why did God design us to enjoy sex even when it doesn't produce a baby?)
Not what I said...but at least you attemp to read...gotta give you props for that...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2220 May 6, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! You DO realize, I'm sure, that MOST straight couples, MOST OF THE TIME, go to GREAT LENGTHS to ensure that their sexual activity does NOT produce a baby, right??
Maybe you should be spending your time trying to outlaw birth control instead of trying to get gay people to have unprotected sex with people they're not attracted to. I suspect you'd be about as successful banning birth control as you are with us gays, but why not give it a try??
Birth control means nothing...my parent has four 'unplanned' babies...happens 'every' day...

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#2221 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually what it's saying is...they don't know what caused homosexuality, so you all can stop saying it's innate...there is not one shred of evidence to support that statement...
The fact gay people say it's innate is evidence to support that statement, in fact, it's the most important bit of evidence there can be.
No matter what kind of studies are done in the future, they are going to have to start with interviewing gay people.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#2222 May 6, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did god create menopause?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2223 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, he's pretending to be straight.

Just like your "ex"-gay husband.

They all come back to their natural same-sex orientation eventually.

“Marriage Equality”

Lakeland, MI

#2224 May 6, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Birth control means nothing...my parent has four 'unplanned' babies...happens 'every' day...
Well, you're the one that's jumping up and down and screaming about unnatural sex, aren't you?? How is it any less unnatural for straight couples to have sex on opposite sides of artificial barriers to pregnancy than for two people of the same sex to go at it??

It's not the intention of either couple to be making a baby, is it?? And since straight couples outnumber gay couples by about 20 to 1, shouldn't you be off somewhere screaming about how unnatural birth control is rather than wasting your time here??

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#2225 May 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your "ex"-gay husband.
Here is another article by another EX-EX-Gay person:
http://www.beyondexgay.com/article/busseeapol...

and more stories about others:
http://www.beyondexgay.com/narratives

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2226 May 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's more like an alcoholic...they will always be 'alcoholics' whether they take another drink or not...perhaps this is the same thing...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2227 May 6, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're the one that's jumping up and down and screaming about unnatural sex, aren't you?? How is it any less unnatural for straight couples to have sex on opposite sides of artificial barriers to pregnancy than for two people of the same sex to go at it??
Because it can still happen...what don't you get?? Nothing is 100%, except if you are not doing what is 'natural' to make a baby.....
It's not the intention of either couple to be making a baby, is it?? And since straight couples outnumber gay couples by about 20 to 1, shouldn't you be off somewhere screaming about how unnatural birth control is rather than wasting your time here??
Birth control is another issue...I do post on the abortion sites...
I'm multi-talented...I can do both....

Just because neither 'intends' on it...doesn't mean it doesn't happen....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min GayleWood 51,339
ILLINOIS STYLE: New river museum opens in Grand... (Jun '08) Feb 25 wsh3 19
Fight at US Supreme Court over Obamacare affect... Feb 25 noway 1
Eurozone to meet later to give verdict on Greek... Feb 24 But her name is M... 8
As Public Pensions Shift to Risky Wall Street, ... Feb 24 relicsNpensions 1
You want to know what's sad? Feb 24 COMMONSENSER 2
Sen. Christine Radogno Gov. Rauner a resetsa Il... Feb 23 Corrupt System 1
"The Navy" The worst thing you can do to yourself (Apr '06) Jan '15 mattaecfDEP 2,766
More from around the web