Illinois' Concealed Weapon Carry Debate

Illinois' Concealed Weapon Carry Debate

There are 20 comments on the WPSD-TV Paducah story from Oct 31, 2008, titled Illinois' Concealed Weapon Carry Debate. In it, WPSD-TV Paducah reports that:

A grass roots movement in Southern Illinois is pushing to legalize concealed weapons in Illinois.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPSD-TV Paducah.

jack

Erie, IL

#1 Feb 26, 2009
guns
red

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2010
every law biding american should have the right to carry and protect themself and thier family.Most states have that right and we sholud too.
right winged

Norris City, IL

#3 Jan 19, 2010
agreed. and it's sad Illinois stays so far behind the rest of the states.
Percy Jones

Lake Zurich, IL

#4 Jan 22, 2010
There are only 3 states without concealed carry: Hawaii, Illinois and Wisconsin....that's right you can carry a concealed weapon in BOTH New York AND California....but not in the Land of Lincoln!? Shameful!
Wayne

Morris, IL

#5 Feb 9, 2010
I don't know anything about concealed weapons but Dean H. is a @ucking IDIOT! GO KERN!
White Hot NUCLEAR RAGE

Bismarck, ND

#6 Feb 14, 2010
Parents definitely need weapons to defend their children against DCF$ terrorists. Any real parent would die before they allowed their children to be abducted by the government child traffickers.
http://legallykidnapped.blogspot.com/search/l...
thisaintalabamy

Crescent, IA

#7 Feb 15, 2010
If you want to carry a gun why would you want to conceal it? Why not just carry your loaded assault weapon out in the open so you can enjoy the full effect of intimidating others around you? Make ya feel like you have this really big set of balls when in reality, without your gun, you're nothing. You know, like the other teabaggers do.
10Seventy9

Anna, IL

#8 Feb 15, 2010
thisaintalabamy, you DO realize that not all of the states that DO allow concealed carry are "teabagger" states, don't you? MANY of them, in fact, are democrat, ANTI-teabagger majority. Nice attempt at political slur, though.
bunco

United States

#9 Feb 15, 2010
thisaintalabamy wrote:
If you want to carry a gun why would you want to conceal it? Why not just carry your loaded assault weapon out in the open so you can enjoy the full effect of intimidating others around you? Make ya feel like you have this really big set of balls when in reality, without your gun, you're nothing. You know, like the other teabaggers do.
It's the bizarre left-wing nuts like you that are the reason we need to keep them concealed.

That way when you begin to get radical about 'abortion rights' and 'green technology' and become irrational and in many cases dangerous, you will ratchet it up around those bearing concealed weapons, showing your true colors...but around those being carried openly (like the police), you might not want to show what you're really all about. Because you're a pussy like that.

So it's not only a safety thing...it's a truth thing. We need to know who's for this country and how it was founded, versus who's against it.

Congratulations, thisaintalabamy, you've done a fine job outing yourself regarding a side.
thisaintalabamy

United States

#10 Feb 15, 2010
bunco wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the bizarre left-wing nuts like you that are the reason we need to keep them concealed.
That way when you begin to get radical about 'abortion rights' and 'green technology' and become irrational and in many cases dangerous, you will ratchet it up around those bearing concealed weapons, showing your true colors...but around those being carried openly (like the police), you might not want to show what you're really all about. Because you're a pussy like that.
So it's not only a safety thing...it's a truth thing. We need to know who's for this country and how it was founded, versus who's against it.
Congratulations, thisaintalabamy, you've done a fine job outing yourself regarding a side.
Take it easy teabagger, you're getting yourself all worked up.
You're not even sure what it is you're so frightened of.
Tell ya what, if you don't like the laws of my state; move to alabamy. You'd fit right in there.
FREEDOM

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 28, 2010
You guys should go make love to each other. You are a perfect match.
aaron

Junction, IL

#14 Mar 2, 2010
geez, what's wrong with you FREEDOM? Pick a side, don't bash both!!
diane

United States

#15 Mar 3, 2010
read disclosure newspaper in illinois, you can google it.
Dawg

Minonk, IL

#16 Mar 4, 2010
carry out side

Carterville, IL

#17 Oct 10, 2012
why hide it if people see it on your side they know what might happen if they mess with you or your family.I have always had a gun with me are close at hand. never used it but i would if I had to,
Sarge75x

United States

#18 Nov 21, 2012
Biggest problem is Cook County. I have a lifetime permit, cost me $100.00, don't like the Illinois law do what I did, move to Indiana
What

Marion, IL

#19 Nov 22, 2012
thisaintalabamy wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it easy teabagger, you're getting yourself all worked up.
You're not even sure what it is you're so frightened of.
Tell ya what, if you don't like the laws of my state; move to alabamy. You'd fit right in there.
Hitler, Stalin loved people like you
Just Love !

United States

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Just put the gun on your hip !
lived there my whole life

Panama City Beach, FL

#21 Nov 25, 2012
I must say I now call the state of Illinois The peoples Republic..lol On a series note, my husband and I who have children just made a major move to the great state of Florida. Why Florida? Because we are from Southern Illinois and the state is a freaking joke! My husband has worked on the river his whole life and in southern Illinois he had a good job...??????? hello he was a top of the line welder making 18 dollars a hour and I worked a 10 dollar a hour job. I have been a cna for awhile, but with the kids and the state of Illinois we made too much to get any kind of help ( I am talking about me going back to school) but not enough to keep our head abovewater. We did not even have a house note because we bought out home cash money back in 1999 for 20,000 dollars cash from saving everypenny we could. Well when gas went up and the ice storm hit in way southern illinois a couple years ago our roof was ruined and water pipes busted and ruined our new floors we had just put in....anyway to make a long story short. we held our heads high and just moved to florida where my hubby is welding on ships making alot more money and we just bought a new house (not new but a forclosed home and new to me)getting to the point...okay when the ice storm hit in rural southern illinois why didnt we get the fema help or red cross? I will tell you why.....because at the time gov blow a bith was cought selling obamas seat! Illinois is the worst state ever! oh and I am now thinking about renting my illinois home out to deer hunters.....and now to talk about guns!!!!!!!!!!I have some and I love them....here in Florida you dont even need a damn foid card (which I have) florida dont make you have one...that just makes more money for the state...hey everyone if you want to own a gun you have to pay 15 dollars.....screw that shit...shit if you are a florida resident you have to have a liscence to fish but they are free..........
Just Love !

United States

#22 Nov 26, 2012
lived there my whole life wrote:
I must say I now call the state of Illinois The peoples Republic..lol On a series note, my husband and I who have children just made a major move to the great state of Florida. Why Florida? Because we are from Southern Illinois and the state is a freaking joke! My husband has worked on the river his whole life and in southern Illinois he had a good job...??????? hello he was a top of the line welder making 18 dollars a hour and I worked a 10 dollar a hour job. I have been a cna for awhile, but with the kids and the state of Illinois we made too much to get any kind of help ( I am talking about me going back to school) but not enough to keep our head abovewater. We did not even have a house note because we bought out home cash money back in 1999 for 20,000 dollars cash from saving everypenny we could. Well when gas went up and the ice storm hit in way southern illinois a couple years ago our roof was ruined and water pipes busted and ruined our new floors we had just put in....anyway to make a long story short. we held our heads high and just moved to florida where my hubby is welding on ships making alot more money and we just bought a new house (not new but a forclosed home and new to me)getting to the point...okay when the ice storm hit in rural southern illinois why didnt we get the fema help or red cross? I will tell you why.....because at the time gov blow a bith was cought selling obamas seat! Illinois is the worst state ever! oh and I am now thinking about renting my illinois home out to deer hunters.....and now to talk about guns!!!!!!!!!!I have some and I love them....here in Florida you dont even need a damn foid card (which I have) florida dont make you have one...that just makes more money for the state...hey everyone if you want to own a gun you have to pay 15 dollars.....screw that shit...shit if you are a florida resident you have to have a liscence to fish but they are free..........
Glad you are happy in Florida !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Illinois Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I find K2 Spice, Spice Gold, or Pulse... (Mar '10) 10 hr Pattboy 83
Bad Roads II Mon the real thomas 123 1
Bad roads Mon the real thomas 123 2
News Pawar picks Cairo mayor as running mate Aug 18 Kwach 6
News Illinois conservative group's cartoon sparks ra... Aug 18 Red Crosse 9
News ILLINOIS STYLE: New river museum opens in Grand... (Jun '08) Aug 14 Rick Taylor Sacr... 21
News Chicago schools budget counts on uncertain funding Aug 12 Red Crosse 2
More from around the web