GOP using old law to ignore Obama bill

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN. This time the "South" is the northwest, however. There was an Associated Press story that probably most of you missed. Full Story
Dumbass Kalifornians

Lake Elsinore, CA

#1 Jan 29, 2011
WHY do you care, what Idaho does ?- do you think Kalifornia has a 'better way' of doing things ?, don't make me laugh !
Dumbass Kalifornians

Lake Elsinore, CA

#2 Jan 29, 2011
the censored word was dumb-a-s-s, in case any of you were curious what the OTHER STATES think of weirdo Liberal-tards in the People's Republik of Kalifornia - you Kal Libs are a disgrace to America
Frank

Chico, CA

#3 Jan 29, 2011
Thanks for the recognition Mr. Jamison. It is gratifying to know that my contribution was noticed and appreciated.
Today I would like to add this one of Glen Beck saying that "radicals have been brought into Washington" and that "we need to shoot them in the head".
Unfortunately the person shot in the head was not the “radical,” she was a US Congresswoman.
In this case the “radical” was the person abusing the national airwaves with violent insurrectionist rhetoric using gun imagery.

Glen Beck said this with an image of the Nazi swastika flag over his left shoulder. Here is a link to the video. Judge for yourself.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 30, 2011
One of the stupidest things Jack Jamison ever published: "Republicans are planning to hold Lincoln Day celebrations next month. Hasn't the GOP heard that Lincoln was president during the Civil War? What's next? Will the conservatives fire on Fort Sumter?"
Not only is it inflammatory, the irony is that JJ excoriates those later in his column who he deems use inflammatory statements.

Here's some good Christian advice for you, Jack: Luke 6:41-42 (King James Version)
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye."

Good Lord

Chico, CA

#5 Jan 31, 2011
Publius2 wrote:
One of the stupidest things Jack Jamison ever published: "Republicans are planning to hold Lincoln Day celebrations next month. Hasn't the GOP heard that Lincoln was president during the Civil War? What's next? Will the conservatives fire on Fort Sumter?"
Not only is it inflammatory, the irony is that JJ excoriates those later in his column who he deems use inflammatory statements.
Here's some good Christian advice for you, Jack: Luke 6:41-42 (King James Version)
"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye."
You're really good at NOT making a point, aren't you, Pub? How is quoting a work of fiction helping AT ALL in this debate?
L Matthews

Forest Ranch, CA

#6 Jan 31, 2011
Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really good at NOT making a point, aren't you, Pub? How is quoting a work of fiction helping AT ALL in this debate?
And what does your post contribute to the debate, or are you just trying to disparage religion?
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#8 Jan 31, 2011
L Matthews wrote:
<quoted text>
And what does your post contribute to the debate, or are you just trying to disparage religion?
Disparage religion? Where the hell did I disparage religion in my post?

Matthews--you are handily beaten by every person you've ever debated on here. You're reminiscent of Brian Jones, only with access to spell check.
Dode Penrod

Lakewood, CA

#9 Jan 31, 2011
Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Disparage religion? Where the hell did I disparage religion in my post?
Matthews--you are handily beaten by every person you've ever debated on here. You're reminiscent of Brian Jones, only with access to spell check.
I'd be happy to take over the job of disparaging religion but it seems to me that Pub and Brian are doing that job very well with a little help from Matthews who just enjoys arguing for the sake of argument. None of them, however, represent Jesus in the things he taught. He was never a Bible thumper.
Brian Jones

Durham, CA

#10 Jan 31, 2011
I Love it, the way that these left wing "opinion" writers forget that these "Southerners" were Democrats!~ You know the same KKK members who fought tooth and nail to keep slavery!
Yeah, those Democrats!

But again... The Truth??? It has NO liberal friends

Thank God we’re not as ignorant and naive as they are. We may just believe them if we were!!!
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#11 Feb 1, 2011
Brian Jones wrote:
I Love it, the way that these left wing "opinion" writers forget that these "Southerners" were Democrats!~ You know the same KKK members who fought tooth and nail to keep slavery!
Yeah, those Democrats!
But again... The Truth??? It has NO liberal friends
Thank God we’re not as ignorant and naive as they are. We may just believe them if we were!!!
Brian...while you are actually right (for a change), you are also quite wrong (not a change) at the same time. This is where your lack of education comes in and yet another reason why you need to do a bit of homework before trying to actively participate in these debates.

"Democrats" during the era you are discussing were not democrats in the sense that you think (and hate). They were the very conservatives you choose to side with nowadays.

Remember...the key words here are "liberal" and "conservative", not "republican" and "democrat".

Read up on it and then come back. You might learn something. Give it a shot...
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#12 Feb 1, 2011
Dode Penrod wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy to take over the job of disparaging religion but it seems to me that Pub and Brian are doing that job very well with a little help from Matthews who just enjoys arguing for the sake of argument. None of them, however, represent Jesus in the things he taught. He was never a Bible thumper.
Yeah...Matthews seems to think that the Bible is a religion. He also thinks that calling the Bible a work of fiction is a disparagement of religion (a double fallacy, I suppose--if such a thing exists. Of course, if it WERE to exist, it's not surprising that Matthews owns it).
Brian Jones

Durham, CA

#13 Feb 1, 2011
Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian...while you are actually right (for a change), you are also quite wrong (not a change) at the same time. This is where your lack of education comes in and yet another reason why you need to do a bit of homework before trying to actively participate in these debates.
"Democrats" during the era you are discussing were not democrats in the sense that you think (and hate). They were the very conservatives you choose to side with nowadays.
Remember...the key words here are "liberal" and "conservative", not "republican" and "democrat".
Read up on it and then come back. You might learn something. Give it a shot...
I don't "hate" Democrats!

I "don’t like" stupid, I “don’t like liars”, I “don’t like” cry baby mooches, I “don’t like” reactionaries that act before they think about the consequences! When it only makes them feeeeeel good! And it screws everyone else. No matter what party they claim.

There are a whole lot of intelligent idiots out there. As proven over and over on here.
Intellectuals who don’t have a lick of common sense? That really bothers me!
Those who can only debate by personal attacks because that’s all they’ve got? That really bothers me too!
And G.L. you seem to have backed off on that attack mode toward me, and I thank you for that.

So if Democrats back then were "conservatives" what were the Republicans?

Note; I'm neither (D) or (R) They’re all corrupt!
Dode Penrod

Lakewood, CA

#14 Feb 1, 2011
(Pssstt to Good Lord. Matthews is a she.)
L Matthews

Chico, CA

#15 Feb 1, 2011
Dode Penrod wrote:
(Pssstt to Good Lord. Matthews is a she.)
I have never identified which sex I am, and I'm still not playing, so you can go back to playing with yourself.
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#16 Feb 2, 2011
L Matthews wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never identified which sex I am, and I'm still not playing, so you can go back to playing with yourself.
Hey Matthews--

So, you've never identified your gender AND you still think the Bible's a religion? Have you checked your birth certificate? I bet we can knock out one of these issues just by taking a look-see. You get that figured out and you're batting .500!!! Nice, you all-star, you!
L Matthews

Chico, CA

#17 Feb 2, 2011
Good Lord wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Matthews--
So, you've never identified your gender AND you still think the Bible's a religion? Have you checked your birth certificate? I bet we can knock out one of these issues just by taking a look-see. You get that figured out and you're batting .500!!! Nice, you all-star, you!
I've already given my opinion on this COMMENT FORUM, and as I've told Dode, I'm not playing your little game so you can just go back to PLAYING WITH YOURSELF!!!
Good Lord

Chico, CA

#18 Feb 2, 2011
Brian Jones wrote:
<quoted text>

And G.L. you seem to have backed off on that attack mode toward me, and I thank you for that.
Yeah...I definitely backed off. I meant to comment back on a post you made a couple weeks back where you talked about graduating from PV in '80 and you mentioned a couple other things that actually reminded me that you are, regardless of how much I disagree with 110% of what you write, 100% human. It was, without question, the most humanizing post I've ever seen you make. And while I'm going to continue to disagree with just about everything you say (I'm assuming here--I did just have to write a post where I acknowledged that I agreed with Scholar--so, I guess anything's possible), I will definitely be backing off on calling you out so harshly. It is my sincerest hope that you will continue to contribute posts that show more of your genuine human side, as opposed to the seemingly robotically generated posts I so harshly called you out on.
Dode Penrod

Lakewood, CA

#19 Feb 3, 2011
L Matthews wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already given my opinion on this COMMENT FORUM, and as I've told Dode, I'm not playing your little game so you can just go back to PLAYING WITH YOURSELF!!!
Hey, why would you be ashamed of being a woman? Or even a grandmother?
L Matthews

Chico, CA

#20 Feb 3, 2011
Dode Penrod wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, why would you be ashamed of being a woman? Or even a grandmother?
Dode, I'm not ashamed of my sex, male or female, it just is not the business of anyone on these forums. These forums are intended for OPINIONS, and I have given mine. But thank you for your concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idaho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kellen Moore is a Superbowl Quarterback Sep 5 Michael Strickland 1
At&t Altel merger Sep 1 att merger 1
Just wondering Aug 31 att merger 1
Diversity is a Codeword for White Genocide Aug 22 587uioy 1
Are Californians The Root Of Idaho's Evils? (May '06) Aug 17 rob in cal 3,104
Batter Up: Baseball in American Culture Celebra... Aug '14 Michael Stricklan... 1
Ballet Idaho is Packed with Special Offerings T... Aug '14 Update 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Idaho People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••