Illegal immigration resulting in lack of jobs for teenagers as well

Full story: Examiner.com 12
According to a recent report from the Employment Policies Institute , the unemployment rate among teenagers is rising and currently sits at 24.9 percent, nationally. Read more
Our Kids

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 26, 2012
And U.S. kids are just supposed to accept this? I think not!
Jim W

Stafford, VA

#2 May 27, 2012
Makes perfect sense. When is the last time you saw a high school kid working at McDonalds or other fast food chain?
I grew up in Arizona and remember my classmates working fast food jobs in high school. Now when I return home for a visit and stop in one of these restaurants I see nothing but non-English speaking Hispanics behind the counter. The only non-Hispanic I usually see working in the restaurant is the manager.
And folks wonder why our economy won't improve? From fast food and housekeepers to construction, and trade workers, illegals have displaced the American worker in many aspects of our society.
I've gotta wonder, as many unemployed construction workers as we have how many illegals are taking their jobs not only in slow economies but places where construction is booming after natural disasters.
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

#3 May 27, 2012
Jim W wrote:
Makes perfect sense. When is the last time you saw a high school kid working at McDonalds or other fast food chain?
I grew up in Arizona and remember my classmates working fast food jobs in high school. Now when I return home for a visit and stop in one of these restaurants I see nothing but non-English speaking Hispanics behind the counter. The only non-Hispanic I usually see working in the restaurant is the manager.
And folks wonder why our economy won't improve? From fast food and housekeepers to construction, and trade workers, illegals have displaced the American worker in many aspects of our society.
I've gotta wonder, as many unemployed construction workers as we have how many illegals are taking their jobs not only in slow economies but places where construction is booming after natural disasters.
I know where I live, citizens are unemployed in the construction industries, while illegals work. They they wire transfer money home, while we're forced to provide h. care, etc.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 May 27, 2012
Jim W wrote:
Makes perfect sense. When is the last time you saw a high school kid working at McDonalds or other fast food chain?
I grew up in Arizona and remember my classmates working fast food jobs in high school. Now when I return home for a visit and stop in one of these restaurants I see nothing but non-English speaking Hispanics behind the counter. The only non-Hispanic I usually see working in the restaurant is the manager.
And folks wonder why our economy won't improve? From fast food and housekeepers to construction, and trade workers, illegals have displaced the American worker in many aspects of our society.
I've gotta wonder, as many unemployed construction workers as we have how many illegals are taking their jobs not only in slow economies but places where construction is booming after natural disasters.
Well said.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#5 May 30, 2012
Jim W wrote:
Makes perfect sense. When is the last time you saw a high school kid working at McDonalds or other fast food chain?
I grew up in Arizona and remember my classmates working fast food jobs in high school. Now when I return home for a visit and stop in one of these restaurants I see nothing but non-English speaking Hispanics behind the counter. The only non-Hispanic I usually see working in the restaurant is the manager.
And folks wonder why our economy won't improve? From fast food and housekeepers to construction, and trade workers, illegals have displaced the American worker in many aspects of our society.
I've gotta wonder, as many unemployed construction workers as we have how many illegals are taking their jobs not only in slow economies but places where construction is booming after natural disasters.
Simply said, illegals provide low quality work. With their language barrier, I wonder how many orders they mess up at the fast food joints that hire them. That can't be cost effectve.

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#6 May 30, 2012
Jim W wrote:
Makes perfect sense. When is the last time you saw a high school kid working at McDonalds or other fast food chain?
I grew up in Arizona and remember my classmates working fast food jobs in high school. Now when I return home for a visit and stop in one of these restaurants I see nothing but non-English speaking Hispanics behind the counter. The only non-Hispanic I usually see working in the restaurant is the manager.
And folks wonder why our economy won't improve? From fast food and housekeepers to construction, and trade workers, illegals have displaced the American worker in many aspects of our society.
I've gotta wonder, as many unemployed construction workers as we have how many illegals are taking their jobs not only in slow economies but places where construction is booming after natural disasters.
In my area (Dallas,Texas) you will seldom find a white teenager (or black) working in a fast food. Mostly hispanic and have hard time understanding order in english.

As far as construction.....forget it..all hispanic in what at one time was all white. It's just not right!!

Sign the petition for enforcing immigration laws.
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-federal-g...

http://redbloodedamericans.webs.com/
Quirky

Denver, CO

#7 May 30, 2012
DfwDude wrote:
<quoted text>
In my area (Dallas,Texas) you will seldom find a white teenager (or black) working in a fast food. Mostly hispanic and have hard time understanding order in english.
As far as construction.....forget it..all hispanic in what at one time was all white. It's just not right!!
Sign the petition for enforcing immigration laws.
http://www.change.org/petitions/the-federal-g...
http://redbloodedamericans.webs.com/
Same where I live.
Free is free

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 May 30, 2012
Illegal aliens directly harm our most vulnerable, by displacing them from low-skill jobs. They harm the middle class by increasing the stress placed on social services and the safety net.

The only people who want illegal aliens around are business owners and other wealthy, who consider them a cheap alternative to citizens.

I have no wonder why our Government finds the problem so intractable; after all, their cronies in business are bribing them to look the other way.

Eventually, the citizens will prevail, but it'll be an uphill battle.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 2, 2012
Free is free wrote:
Illegal aliens directly harm our most vulnerable, by displacing them from low-skill jobs. They harm the middle class by increasing the stress placed on social services and the safety net.
The only people who want illegal aliens around are business owners and other wealthy, who consider them a cheap alternative to citizens.
I have no wonder why our Government finds the problem so intractable; after all, their cronies in business are bribing them to look the other way.
Eventually, the citizens will prevail, but it'll be an uphill battle.
True enough, as we see more states taking on this issue, since our panty-waisted administraion won't because it fears it will lose their votes...illegal votes, that is.
Mary

Elyria, OH

#10 Jun 2, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>True enough, as we see more states taking on this issue, since our panty-waisted administraion won't because it fears it will lose their votes...illegal votes, that is.
I agree with you and everyone else, but it's important to remember it's not only this president and admin doing this. Bush before him and Clinton and Bush Sr. and clear back to Reagan, who started this mess with his amnesty.

What made that old senile moron think rewarding criminals for their crimes was a good way to stop the crime and the criminals? What made him think giving them citizenship and the right to vote would be a good thing? Giving criminals the right to vote in more of their own kind so they could in turn give them more "rights"....this has been a mess long before Nobama..and, believe me when I tell you I'm no supporter of that S.O.B.

The problem is much deeper and has been going on much longer than the current administration. That's all I'm trying to say.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#11 Jun 2, 2012
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you and everyone else, but it's important to remember it's not only this president and admin doing this. Bush before him and Clinton and Bush Sr. and clear back to Reagan, who started this mess with his amnesty.
What made that old senile moron think rewarding criminals for their crimes was a good way to stop the crime and the criminals? What made him think giving them citizenship and the right to vote would be a good thing? Giving criminals the right to vote in more of their own kind so they could in turn give them more "rights"....this has been a mess long before Nobama..and, believe me when I tell you I'm no supporter of that S.O.B.
The problem is much deeper and has been going on much longer than the current administration. That's all I'm trying to say.
Of course you are right. Reagan said after the fact what a mistake he had made, but it already set in motion the irevocable
damage that it caused in the future, which is now our present.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#12 Jun 2, 2012
s/b: irrevocable

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Idaho Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mumps outbreak in Idaho spreads to Washington s... Mar 22 The real zeke 11
News North Idaho senator objects to Hindu prayer - M... Mar 16 Independent1 2
News Idaho driver's license not in compliance with f... Feb '15 The real zeke 12
News Op-Ed: Idaho Won't Add Words Soon Feb '15 bav 1
News Civil rights protections for gays in Idaho reje... Jan '15 Quisnos Republic 1
News New poll: 67% of Idahoans say discrimination ag... Jan '15 Gremlin 8
News University of Idaho Report Finds Public Lands T... Dec '14 Quisnos Republic 1
More from around the web