$16.5M Hot Lotto Prize Still Unclaimed in Iowa

Iowa Lottery officials are still waiting for someone to claim a $16.5 million Hot Lotto jackpot won in December. Full Story
loseing hope

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2011
I am the winner of this draw I purchased it 12/23/2010 a bit after 6:07pm its a multi draw because I meant to buy the sizzler X5 however the clerk explained to me what it was and I decided to go ahead with the transaction, the video can't. See my face because I was wearing a blue/possibly charcoal hooded sweatshirt. The ticket no longer exsist because a clerk mishandled/kept the ticket. The fact that the ia lottery whent public about having video eliminated the possability of me getting it back had the clerk tried and cashing it. The fact that the lottery released all this details when I was claiming this should rais questions.......... Entegrity ....
DesMoinesGirl

Des Moines, IA

#2 Nov 26, 2011
loseing hope wrote:
I am the winner of this draw I purchased it 12/23/2010 a bit after 6:07pm its a multi draw because I meant to buy the sizzler X5 however the clerk explained to me what it was and I decided to go ahead with the transaction, the video can't. See my face because I was wearing a blue/possibly charcoal hooded sweatshirt. The ticket no longer exsist because a clerk mishandled/kept the ticket. The fact that the ia lottery whent public about having video eliminated the possability of me getting it back had the clerk tried and cashing it. The fact that the lottery released all this details when I was claiming this should rais questions.......... Entegrity ....
The hot lotto ticket in question was bought on the 29th of December, 2010, NOT the 23rd. But nice try.
lottoplayer

United States

#3 Dec 10, 2011
DesMoinesGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
The hot lotto ticket in question was bought on the 29th of December, 2010, NOT the 23rd. But nice try.
sounds like another misled/mis informed consumer.......pays to know what ya talking about before u comment.
Cole Pearson

Exeter, NH

#5 Feb 10, 2012
I know that I made a money order purchase for my roomate i bought a cigar and the computer scaned my id the clerk offered to hold on to the ticket after i told him i needed a money order so i got a reciept for the cigar money order with my number on the reciept he told me that if i win bring that in and he will have my ticket he put it in something that had alot of other tickets. And I do belive he had me sign it... the money order was for part of rent that my roomate still owed the apartments are by grand and ep true in west des moines I was in a dodge intepid 99 silver grayish my other roomates car when i bought it.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 13, 2012
Cole Pearson wrote:
I know that I made a money order purchase for my roomate i bought a cigar and the computer scaned my id the clerk offered to hold on to the ticket after i told him i needed a money order so i got a reciept for the cigar money order with my number on the reciept he told me that if i win bring that in and he will have my ticket he put it in something that had alot of other tickets. And I do belive he had me sign it... the money order was for part of rent that my roomate still owed the apartments are by grand and ep true in west des moines I was in a dodge intepid 99 silver grayish my other roomates car when i bought it.
no you didn't mr shaw and his crew stole it from me and now that the attorney general and the dci are investigating they will see that I'm the rightful owner and as with my timeing being off that's because I made atleast ieght other purchases at that qt. And if the clerk had swiped you're id the ag and dci would have already knew that.....
cole david pearson

Des Moines, IA

#7 Oct 15, 2012
lottoplayer wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like another misled/mis informed consumer.......pays to know what ya talking about before u comment.
yeah and i realeased that information to the iowa lottery when i went to their office on grand months ago (funny how that information i gave them months ago leaked out?)
cole david pearson

Des Moines, IA

#8 Oct 15, 2012
Cole Pearson wrote:
The iowa lottery officials i talked to said "they dont do that" when i asked if it was possible to print out your lottery numbers on a receipt along with other purchased items.And i remeber a brown bag maybe leather that the clerk had with many other lottery tickets my reciept went through the wash so i thought i was out of luck.but when i asked if the clerk could still have it.They assured me they dont hold on to tickets and i was out of luck without the ticket.(did i imagine all that and all those other lottery tickets?)thats what the iowa lottery implied.

Since: Sep 12

Los Baņos, Philippines

#9 Oct 19, 2012
How could this be happening? Maybe the lottery winner doesn't know yet that he have won the lottery jackpot. Cause if he knew, he would have claim the prize upon knowing that he have won.
Sawaa

Des Moines, IA

#10 Dec 6, 2012
loseing my mind wrote:
<quoted text>no you didn't mr shaw and his crew stole it from me and now that the attorney general and the dci are investigating they will see that I'm the rightful owner and as with my timeing being off that's because I made atleast ieght other purchases at that qt. And if the clerk had swiped you're id the ag and dci would have already knew that.....
Liar!!!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 10, 2012
Sawaa wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!!!
sawaa what's in the agua u drinking. Soon the video will be made public either by the dci or by the media under the freedom of information act. LIARR!!!!!! Stop blowing hot air. We all have been fooled on this one.
Lottolucas

Des Moines, IA

#13 Dec 23, 2012
Buck Fiden wrote:
<quoted text>You're still peddling your lies? Nobody believes you.
your mom does. But then what's with them being so tight fisted about the video. I know that I can positively I'd the person on the video. What's the hold up, proof that it's not my ticket then we will talk.

Since: Sep 12

Makati, Philippines

#14 Mar 8, 2013
I wonder who that lucky winner is? We should always check our ticket. I need to check mine! I might have unclaimed prizes too. ;)
Louiston

Des Moines, IA

#15 Mar 11, 2013
Lottolucas wrote:
<quoted text>your mom does. But then what's with them being so tight fisted about the video. I know that I can positively I'd the person on the video. What's the hold up, proof that it's not my ticket then we will talk.
Liar!
Lotto lucas

United States

#16 Apr 14, 2013
Louiston wrote:
<quoted text>Liar!
what you just roll out of bed???!!! We are going on three years now and you just now start blowing hot air..
Still waiting!!! Just wondering if the dci and the ia lottery are going to finalize this investigation in time to file fruad charges, because it needs to happen before the three year statue of limitation.. From the date the ticket was actually stolen!!!!!!!!!
cole david pearson

Des Moines, IA

#18 Jun 22, 2013
if they dont release that video real soon someone needs to boycott the iowa lottery.freedom of information!theyve never waited this long before? maybe their buliden up interest on the money so they can afford to pay it out? to the right person.
Roy Veach

Johnston, IA

#20 Aug 18, 2014
Why don't they just release the video of the winner. What are they afraid of?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton's madcap media mob 11 hr Deo Vindice 5
Winter storm: What you need to know now Thu Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Hillary Clinton in Iowa stirs 2016 speculation Sep 16 HeilHillary 6
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Sep 15 southern Iowa 150
Shifting his views, Rand Paul seeks broader app... Sep 15 Gary 2
Sanders eyes 'political revolution' in Iowa Sep 15 Swedenforever 4
Politics and steak on the menu in Iowa Sep 14 WelbyMD 2
•••

Iowa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••