Why Right-to-Lifers Hate Birth Contro...

Why Right-to-Lifers Hate Birth Control and Love Mitt Romney, Part 1

There are 243 comments on the Daily Kos story from Jul 21, 2012, titled Why Right-to-Lifers Hate Birth Control and Love Mitt Romney, Part 1. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

The pro- choice community must recognize we are in the midst of a "holy war" and change our tactics accordingly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#24 Jul 29, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!
most of those things I mentioned are on the disclaimers that come in a package of artificial contraception.
Since when do BCPs lead to the wrong partner??? So you admit to making crap up by posting "most things" that you mentioned. That's why you remain a moron by getting your education from pulpit trash.
Ocean56

AOL

#26 Jul 30, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
Since when do BCPs lead to the wrong partner??? So you admit to making crap up by posting "most things" that you mentioned. That's why you remain a moron by getting your education from pulpit trash.
Agreed. Religious fanatics like maryhateschoice will use any kind of scare tactics if they think people will be fooled by them. They're not smart enough to realize those tactics aren't working as well as they used to when people were denied an education.

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#27 Jul 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and there are disclaimers and warnings about side effects that come with the package of many OTHER medications too, prescription drugs which have nothing to do with contraception.
Nice try, maryhateschoice. Too bad for you that your lame attempts to scare women out of using contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy aren't working, at least not on me.
What can I say? Some people just can't be helped!

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#28 Jul 30, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Since when do BCPs lead to the wrong partner??? So you admit to making crap up by posting "most things" that you mentioned. That's why you remain a moron by getting your education from pulpit trash.
divorce rates before the pill, and divorce rates after the pill? Coincidence? I think not!

NFP Marriage success rates? Another coincidence? Not!

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#29 Jul 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. Religious fanatics like maryhateschoice will use any kind of scare tactics if they think people will be fooled by them. They're not smart enough to realize those tactics aren't working as well as they used to when people were denied an education.
So then look for yourself, and don't be fooled any longer by marketing ploys and look at real data and not tactics from the pro-abortion pro-contraception crowd.

“Shoot for the stars”

Since: Dec 10

Planet Earth

#30 Jul 30, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
<quoted text>divorce rates before the pill, and divorce rates after the pill? Coincidence? I think not!
NFP Marriage success rates? Another coincidence? Not!
Show us the medical statistics.
Naturally Wired

Moncton, Canada

#31 Jul 30, 2012
If people lived more responsibly then there wouldn't be the murder of the unborn. Some people do as they wish, whenever they want and however they want and then refuse to accept responsiblity for their actions. One I knew murdered the unborn 4 times before she even graduated high school.

Canada kills 40,000+ potential good citizens every year.
Ocean56

AOL

#33 Jul 30, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
What can I say? Some people just can't be helped!
So you obviously have no problem LYING when it suits your agenda to do so. Thanks for finally admitting it.
Ocean56

AOL

#34 Jul 30, 2012
marysaidyes2life wrote:
So then look for yourself, and don't be fooled any longer by marketing ploys and look at real data and not tactics from the pro-abortion pro-contraception crowd.
ROFLMAO!! "Real data," as in nonsense from anti-choice and catholic church websites? Hardly! That's the LAST place I'd go to if I wanted valid research material, maryhateschoice.

And yes, I do my own research. I certainly don't need so-called "facts" from anti-choice idiots and religious fanatics. Oh wait, I forgot, they're usually one and the same.
Ocean56

AOL

#35 Jul 30, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
If people lived more responsibly then there wouldn't be the murder of the unborn. Some people do as they wish, whenever they want and however they want and then refuse to accept responsiblity for their actions. One I knew murdered the unborn 4 times before she even graduated high school.
Canada kills 40,000+ potential good citizens every year.
"Lived more responsibly" as in live as some anti-contraception religious institution such as the catholic church wants us to? Not a chance, pal. I have NO intention of being a mindless baby factory "for god and church."

And do you REALLY want a teenage girl who allegedly aborted four times as a teenager to become a mother anyway? I don't.
Jan

Victoria, Canada

#36 Jul 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. Contrary to what anti-choice imbeciles want everyone to believe, there's nothing wrong with using reliable contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy.
Not all women want to be pregnant, give birth, or raise one or more children. And we don't have to remain celibate for life because we don't want to get pregnant. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant. Deal with it, maryhateschoice.
Unlike abortion, contraception doesn't kill anybody so it is morally acceptible. They both cause breast cancer, though. Do it or take it at your own risk.
Gaius Gracchuss

Belleville, IL

#37 Jul 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lived more responsibly" as in live as some anti-contraception religious institution such as the catholic church wants us to? Not a chance, pal. I have NO intention of being a mindless baby factory "for god and church."
And do you REALLY want a teenage girl who allegedly aborted four times as a teenager to become a mother anyway? I don't.
No I believe that the idea is to not get pregnant in the first place. May be hard for you to understand but abstinence is one hundred percent effective in preventing pregnancy.
Naturally Wired

Moncton, Canada

#38 Jul 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lived more responsibly" as in live as some anti-contraception religious institution such as the catholic church wants us to? Not a chance, pal. I have NO intention of being a mindless baby factory "for god and church."
And do you REALLY want a teenage girl who allegedly aborted four times as a teenager to become a mother anyway? I don't.
I'm not Catholic.

Anyways, Catholic beliefs of anti-contraception are just one issue in the debates with abortion.

You also missed the point about the girl I mentioned back in high school. It was her method of birth control due to her lack of morals and being very irresponsible.
american

Bettendorf, IA

#39 Jul 30, 2012
Learn about agenda21 and new world order let's stop this and save our country

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#40 Jul 31, 2012
Gaius Gracchuss wrote:
<quoted text>
No I believe that the idea is to not get pregnant in the first place. May be hard for you to understand but abstinence is one hundred percent effective in preventing pregnancy.
Not getting pregnant in the first place is a great idea.

Tell it to the boys since they do the impregnating.

Beat them senseless with abstinence! Don't let a moment go by without enforcing this concept. Gone are the days where "boys will be boys". Hold them responsible for a change. Same goes for married men as married couples also have abortions. Preach abstinence to the married men!

Oh, by the way. Practice what you preach.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#41 Jul 31, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Catholic.
Anyways, Catholic beliefs of anti-contraception are just one issue in the debates with abortion.
You also missed the point about the girl I mentioned back in high school. It was her method of birth control due to her lack of morals and being very irresponsible.
What a pity that this "high school girl" had such a lack of morals while the impregnators had such high morals.

This is disturbing since most all high school students have such high moral standards especially the boys who obviously became disoriented when approached and tackled by this immoral tramp and totally forgot their condoms!
Ocean56

AOL

#42 Jul 31, 2012
Gaius Gracchuss wrote:
No I believe that the idea is to not get pregnant in the first place. May be hard for you to understand but abstinence is one hundred percent effective in preventing pregnancy.
Abstinence for TEENAGERS is a good idea, especially since they can still get pregnant, even with the use of contraception. NO method of birth control is 100% effective, and pregnancy as a teenager is NOT a good thing.

The thing is, there are quite a few adult women who also don't want pregnancy or children, including married ones. Not all women want to be punished with lifetime celibacy because they don't ever want kids. Contrary to what militant religionists want to believe, children aren't always a "blessing," especially to a woman who doesn't ever want be a mother. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy results due to birth control failure.

For my part, I'm very grateful that my method of BC has kept me pregnancy-FREE (ie free FROM pregnancy) for 18+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ocean56

AOL

#43 Jul 31, 2012
Naturally Wired wrote:
I'm not Catholic.
Anyways, Catholic beliefs of anti-contraception are just one issue in the debates with abortion.
You also missed the point about the girl I mentioned back in high school. It was her method of birth control due to her lack of morals and being very irresponsible.
The catholic church isn't the only anti-contraception church out there, in case you didn't know.

Funny how you so-called "moralists" consistently place ALL the blame on the girl for getting pregnant and never seem to blame the immature male jerk who GOT her pregnant. Last time I checked, it takes TWO to create a pregnancy. In any case, do you really want a girl who is "very irresponsible" to be a mother? I don't.
Ocean56

AOL

#44 Jul 31, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
What a pity that this "high school girl" had such a lack of morals while the impregnators had such high morals.
This is disturbing since most all high school students have such high moral standards especially the boys who obviously became disoriented when approached and tackled by this immoral tramp and totally forgot their condoms!
Yep, teen pregnancy always seems to be blamed entirely on the girls who get pregnant and almost no blame goes to the immature male jerks who GET them pregnant.

Moreover, I often wonder in those cases WHOSE idea it was to have sex in the first place? Do you notice that the so-called "moralists" always get real quiet when that question is brought up?

“A person is a person no matter”

Since: Sep 07

how small.

#45 Jul 31, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Show us the medical statistics.
you've been shown the medical and cultural as well as the simple truth, yet you close your eyes to all of it. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Election 2016: Campaign run-ins on the July 4th... 14 min gary 11
News Hillary goes ugly early with racism claims Jun 30 RayOne 586
News Can you go home again? (Apr '14) Jun 29 Dan 4
News Republican Walker is leader of 2016 election pa... Jun 25 Mccains illegitim... 108
NATIVE Gardens Jun 23 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
MISSION Stuttering Jun 23 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
News Iowa probation blocks immigrant's historic law ... Jun 18 wild child 1
More from around the web