Push to ban gay marriage flagging in ...

Push to ban gay marriage flagging in Iowa

There are 41 comments on the www.twincities.com story from Jul 5, 2012, titled Push to ban gay marriage flagging in Iowa. In it, www.twincities.com reports that:

Ever since gay couples began flocking to Iowa to wed three years ago, conservative Republicans here have been looking forward to ending the state's status as the only place in the Midwest where gay marriage is legal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.twincities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Einer

Lacon, IL

#1 Jul 5, 2012
Homosexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live!

No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.

The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.

No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.

Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
Einer

Lacon, IL

#2 Jul 5, 2012
Mercy! Did you READ the article. They say homosexual 'couples' are 'flocking' to Iowa to marry, yet only 4500 such 'marriages' have taken place. The openly admit that many of the 'couples' were not from Iowa.

If you look at the FACTS, Iowa has a population of 3,200,000. Mainstream social science estimates of the homosexual population is 3% of the total. Radical homosexual hate groups like the HRC say it's 10%. Even at the lower figure, that means Iowa has about 96,000 homosexuals. If you ignore the FACT that many Iowa homosexual 'marriages' are by out of staters, that would still mean that well over 90% of homosexuals in Iowa have rejected the concocted nonsense of homosexual 'marriage.'

If you went along with the article that homosexuals from throughout Mid America can come to Iowa and 'marry,' then homosexual participation in 'marriage' in Mid America is a tiny fraction of one percent!

Homoexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live.
The Barking Buck

Hinsdale, MA

#3 Jul 5, 2012
Einer wrote:
No significant percent of the homosexual population has 'married' in ANY country that allows it, and studies have shown that few such 'marriages' are even exclusive relationships.
The homosexual 'marriage' movement is a hate based political charade attacking what others hold sacred.
No homosexual relationship shares the reasons for government involvement in real marriage. No economically or physically unequal genders are involve. No child is ever born as a direct result, and no such relationship can provide a child with a father and mother. Having both is one of the most accurate statistical predictions of a child's future success in life.
Homosexual themselves overwhelmingly reject 'marriage' as an actual practice in EVERY country that allows the concocted oxymoron.
Thank you, they wish to destroy all things spiritual. They also seek to brainwash young children and make their perverse seem normal and pure.
In the UK it is now illegal for a teacher to mention or refer to a young students parents as mommy or daddy because the left wing moral web destroyers, aka gay mafia, consider it a sexist remark. This is a disgusting and perverse war on the entire family structure and our own president, it would appear, has sold his own soul. Truly disgusting regardless of all the rainbow glitter they portray it to be, one big ruse.
Hoodathunkit

Mount Gilead, OH

#5 Jul 5, 2012
Einer wrote:
Mercy! Did you READ the article. They say homosexual 'couples' are 'flocking' to Iowa to marry, yet only 4500 such 'marriages' have taken place. The openly admit that many of the 'couples' were not from Iowa.
If you look at the FACTS, Iowa has a population of 3,200,000. Mainstream social science estimates of the homosexual population is 3% of the total. Radical homosexual hate groups like the HRC say it's 10%. Even at the lower figure, that means Iowa has about 96,000 homosexuals. If you ignore the FACT that many Iowa homosexual 'marriages' are by out of staters, that would still mean that well over 90% of homosexuals in Iowa have rejected the concocted nonsense of homosexual 'marriage.'
If you went along with the article that homosexuals from throughout Mid America can come to Iowa and 'marry,' then homosexual participation in 'marriage' in Mid America is a tiny fraction of one percent!
Homoexual 'marriage' is a cruel lie with no real basis in how homosexual live.
If you look at the FACTS, every same-sex couple who got married and who will get married fully embraces same-sex marriage. Same-sex marriage is available for the couples who WANT to get married and, just like opposite-sex marriage, is not intended to force people to marry.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#6 Jul 5, 2012
If the GOP should gain control and try to pass a ban to eliminate a right that is already in place......the State of Iowa would have a HUGE legal fight on it's hands similar to what is happening in California with Prop 8.

The end result would clearly show that hate is the only reason and hate is not grounds to harm a proportion of the population and that would make the ban UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!
The Barking Buck

Hinsdale, MA

#7 Jul 5, 2012
shivawia wrote:
I'm not against homosexuals as people i just simply don't get the whole point of gay marriage. Why is it so necessary for f ags to marry? Marriage means nothing. You can live with your partner and be happy without getting married. Get real.
Defamation, money, brainwashing kids, hate of their own family, inferior feelings.
The Barking Buck

Hinsdale, MA

#8 Jul 5, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
If the GOP should gain control and try to pass a ban to eliminate a right that is already in place......the State of Iowa would have a HUGE legal fight on it's hands similar to what is happening in California with Prop 8.
The end result would clearly show that hate is the only reason and hate is not grounds to harm a proportion of the population and that would make the ban UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!
Not only is it not a right, but there isn't much right about it at all. Ya had your space years ago but ya just gotta have it all. The only hate going on here is of your own body, mind, spirit, parents, and grandparents. Just because ya found another misfit doesn't make it right. Drop the pom poms and go to bed already, sheesh.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#9 Jul 5, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
It would certainly be most interesting. Should SCOTUS decline the Perry case, a non-binding precedent from the Ninth Circuit would influence Eighth Circuit. Conflicting decisions could force SCOTUS to act...

Frankly, I can live without the intrigue.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#10 Jul 5, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
It would certainly be most interesting. Should SCOTUS decline the Perry case, a non-binding precedent from the Ninth Circuit would influence Eighth Circuit. Conflicting decisions could force SCOTUS to act...
Frankly, I can live without the intrigue.
I know......but nevertheless.......a right granted......CAN NOT be removed or eliminated just because someone doesn't like it......and after 3 years of Gay and Lesbian Couples getting married.....it would create the same type of situation that took place with Prop 8.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#11 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is it not a right, but there isn't much right about it at all. Ya had your space years ago but ya just gotta have it all. The only hate going on here is of your own body, mind, spirit, parents, and grandparents. Just because ya found another misfit doesn't make it right. Drop the pom poms and go to bed already, sheesh.
Another idiot who DOESN'T know jackshiet about the lives of Gays and Lesbians.

Sorry, don't hate in my mind, don't hate my body or any other aspect of my life and my spirit is right with God:-)

Sorry, I don't listen to idiots and you are obviously in no position to make me do anything.....especially bed......lol!!
Uve

Desert Hot Springs, CA

#12 Jul 5, 2012
Einer wrote:
Still C/P this same BS post I see. How many topix have you added it to today? It's already been refuted as BS by me and MANY others, give it up already! You have NO idea what the F... your talking about. Your still a hypocritical bigoted embarrassment no matter who you call your self today, your one sick Christian if you can call it that and I'll call out your 'lies' on every post I see you on from now on!
The Barking Duck

Hinsdale, MA

#13 Jul 5, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another idiot who DOESN'T know jackshiet about the lives of Gays and Lesbians.
Nor do I wish to.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#14 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Duck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do I wish to.
Then stop trying to make asinine comments like ya did if you don't know.......it only makes you look the fool!!!
The Barking Buck

Hinsdale, MA

#15 Jul 5, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop trying to make asinine comments like ya did if you don't know.......it only makes you look the fool!!!
I've been 'near' enough dyke bars to see that anti-male, dog in heat fury, I don't wanna know any more, and stay away from my kids.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#16 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
... and stay away from my kids.
After reading your posts, the one who needs to stay away from your kids is you. You've shortchanged them enough just by being genetically related to them, don't compound it by "teaching" them to be as irrationally hateful and willfully ignorant as you have chosen to be. Do them a favor, let them be raised by adults.
The Barking Buck

Hinsdale, MA

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Another homo projecting and making up fairy tale stories Richard. The theme below seems to be cropping up everywhere these past months, nothing hetero about them, or the men in the California Public Bathroom months ago.
There will come a day.

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is it not a right, but there isn't much right about it at all. Ya had your space years ago but ya just gotta have it all......
Funny how tax-paying Americans tend to demand silly and selfish things like equal protection under the law.......

Location hidden

#19 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
Another homo projecting and making up fairy tale stories Richard. The theme below seems to be cropping up everywhere these past months, nothing hetero about them, or the men in the California Public Bathroom months ago.
There will come a day.
http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php...
Another silly bigot who searches out stories of supposedly gay people acting badly.

Would you like me to go out and find a few news stories about straight men behaving badly, and project their behavior on you?

That would be just as irrational as your post.

Does even simple logic escape you?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#20 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
(nothing worth repeating)
Oh look, another alleged hetero with homoerotic fantasies to share. It's just like I said cupcake, your kids deserve better than you. So, dear, unless you have anything beyond childish insults and homoerotic wet dreams to share with us, I'm done wasting time on you.

Location hidden

#21 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been 'near' enough dyke bars to see that anti-male, dog in heat fury, I don't wanna know any more, and stay away from my kids.
You hang out in "lesbian bars"?

You don't know any lesbians at all. Why make up silly thinks to prove imaginary points?

But, let's go with your premise, just for fun.

I CAN tell you that I used to live next to a bar that catered to straight folks. The "Elephant Bar". Between cleaning up the puke they left on my lawn every Saturday morning, to hearing the foul language and fights, it was such a joy, let me tell you. The hooker problem was an issue as well, and THIS in a middle-class neighborhhood, to boot.

Do YOU personally claim responsibility for all of their bad behavior, because you are straight? Should you denied the right to marry because of it?

If not, that would make you a bit of a hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News He saw her marriage as - unnatural.' She called... 2 hr woodtick57 7
News Hillary goes ugly early with racism claims 2 hr GoGrannyHillary 587
News Can you go home again? (Apr '14) 3 hr gloria 5
News Election 2016: Campaign run-ins on the July 4th... 6 hr Cat74 10
News America celebrates July 4 with parades, hot dog... 19 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
News Republican Walker is leader of 2016 election pa... Jun 25 Mccains illegitim... 108
NATIVE Gardens Jun 23 PAUL SHYKORA arts 1
More from around the web