Obama Support: Jon Bon Jovi Coming To Iowa

Oct 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHO-TV

The Obama campaign announced Monday Jon Bon Jovi would stump for the president on Friday in two Iowa cities.

Comments
1 - 20 of 45 Comments Last updated Oct 22, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Oct 2, 2012
I have to find someone to go with me. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant & my husband doesn't want me to go alone!!! I can't miss this opportunity!

Since: Jan 09

New Jersey

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Since hubby doesn't want you to go alone, then tell him to get his azz in the car.
mmcan43

Leesburg, VA

#3 Oct 2, 2012
This is a deal breaker for me. It saddens me to say it, so don't think it doesn't. I cannot continue to give my money (i.e. concert tickets, jbj merchandise, albums) to someone who supports a president who I believe does not love this country and our constitution. I don't want to get into a political discussion here, but this is truly how I feel. I love my country more than I love Bon Jovi so I'm taking a stand. I will miss coming on this site and seeing what everyone has to say. Most times I got a good laugh and sometimes I was infuriated, but I always enjoyed it. I wish the best to all of you.

Marcella

New Jersey

#4 Oct 2, 2012
Drama much!
rosa3

Ontario, CA

#5 Oct 2, 2012
whatever
mmcan43 wrote:
This is a deal breaker for me. It saddens me to say it, so don't think it doesn't. I cannot continue to give my money (i.e. concert tickets, jbj merchandise, albums) to someone who supports a president who I believe does not love this country and our constitution. I don't want to get into a political discussion here, but this is truly how I feel. I love my country more than I love Bon Jovi so I'm taking a stand. I will miss coming on this site and seeing what everyone has to say. Most times I got a good laugh and sometimes I was infuriated, but I always enjoyed it. I wish the best to all of you.
Marcella

Clinton, IA

#6 Oct 2, 2012
BonJersey wrote:
Since hubby doesn't want you to go alone, then tell him to get his azz in the car.
Yah, he said he'd go with me, but our kid has a dental appt. I'm thinking we're going to cancel the dental appt!!!!!!:):) Can't pass up this opportunity!!!!
Buzzed

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Oct 2, 2012
mmcan43 wrote:
Marcella
So it's news to you all of a sudden that Jon supports Obama? And by the way, not the whole band supports Obama.

Drama much is for sure.
Charlotte

Orlando, FL

#8 Oct 2, 2012
mmcan43 wrote:
Marcella
I respect your right to voice your convictions. And I wish you the best also.
Charlotte

Orlando, FL

#9 Oct 2, 2012
KellyLovesBonJovi wrote:
I have to find someone to go with me. I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant & my husband doesn't want me to go alone!!! I can't miss this opportunity!
Good luck and safe travels in your condition! Have fun!
rosa3

Ontario, CA

#10 Oct 2, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I also respect your opinion and who you support. If you don't support Obama, thats fine, but just because Jon supports Obama doesn't mean you have to all of a sudden not buy his records or listen to his music or go to his concerts, you can seperate the two. And just like the other post mentioned, not all members of the band support Obama, and thats okay to.
mmcan43 wrote:
Marcella

New Jersey

#11 Oct 2, 2012
KellyLovesBonJovi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, he said he'd go with me, but our kid has a dental appt. I'm thinking we're going to cancel the dental appt!!!!!!:):) Can't pass up this opportunity!!!!
Definitely cancel the appointment!!!! I am really happy to hear your husband is supporting you by going. Cool dude.

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Oct 2, 2012
BonJersey wrote:
<quoted text>Definitely cancel the appointment!!!! I am really happy to hear your husband is supporting you by going. Cool dude.
My husband was given three conditions when we started dating, and one of them was he had to be supportive of my Bon Jovi habit/obsession!! After all, Bon Jovi had been in my life since I was 12 - they were there first. My husband didn't come until 15 years later!!! I am happy to say now, after 11 years together he has been to all but one Bon Jovi concert with me.

Now, after reading all that unnecessary information, I am seriously heartbroken to report that I'm not going to be able to go see my beloved JBJ on Friday. The rally is 1 1/2 hrs away, which is fine, but I'd have to travel there tonight to get the tickets and I can't find a number anywhere to call & see if they will reserve them for me until Friday. Soooooo sad!!!
ksluvbj

Vancouver, Canada

#13 Oct 2, 2012
mmcan43 wrote:
Marcella
bye bye !!!

New Jersey

#14 Oct 2, 2012
KellyLovesBonJovi wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband was given three conditions when we started dating, and one of them was he had to be supportive of my Bon Jovi habit/obsession!! After all, Bon Jovi had been in my life since I was 12 - they were there first. My husband didn't come until 15 years later!!! I am happy to say now, after 11 years together he has been to all but one Bon Jovi concert with me.
Now, after reading all that unnecessary information, I am seriously heartbroken to report that I'm not going to be able to go see my beloved JBJ on Friday. The rally is 1 1/2 hrs away, which is fine, but I'd have to travel there tonight to get the tickets and I can't find a number anywhere to call & see if they will reserve them for me until Friday. Soooooo sad!!!
Oh I'm really sad to hear that but look at it this way. Everything happens for a reason. And in a few weeks you will have a beautiful bundle of joy. Do you know what you are having?

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Oct 2, 2012
BonJersey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I'm really sad to hear that but look at it this way. Everything happens for a reason. And in a few weeks you will have a beautiful bundle of joy. Do you know what you are having?
I am having a little boy on Nov. 2.:)

New Jersey

#16 Oct 2, 2012
KellyLovesBonJovi wrote:
<quoted text>
That is really nice. Congrats.
JonsIaGirl

Waterloo, IA

#17 Oct 2, 2012
KellyLovesBonJovi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in a similar situation as you. I live within 2 hrs of Ia. City & also have no way of getting tickets or being able to be there at that time because of work. Sad to say, I was IN Iowa City last Friday!
JonsIaGirl

Waterloo, IA

#18 Oct 2, 2012
Why does it always say I live in Illinois, because I don't?
mikeforgacs

Ann Arbor, MI

#19 Oct 2, 2012
"Highest-offices-in-the-l and" debate observers would benefit from light shed on the following important items of concern. Issues of life and death matter. Laws that impact them call out for close public scrutiny. They deserve public dialogue and national debate.
Young human life has been and will continue to be born-alive, despite failed attempts to put an end to that young human life. That this happens is fact - LINK
and LINK http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles2008... . Born-alive protection legislation came before Mr Obama. Mr Obama could have cast a vote to protect that born-alive young human life - but the fact is - he didnít. Media outlets generally kept their silence.You can't make the kind of coin being a REAL investigative news generator like you could awhile ago. There are certain benefits in remaining silent, compliant, non-confronting, docile and manipulable.
But not all were content to not question the matter. Some questioned Mr. Obama as to how he could act in such a way as to not provide care to young human life born alive. According to Gallup, the majority of Americans self-describe as pro-life - LINK http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/more-americ... .. Googling produces no polls in the top search results on how the majority comes down on the question of infanticide. This leads one to believe that it is a foregone conclusion that the majority of Americans are against infanticide. Infanticide can result in providing no care to born-alive young human life. As a society of sentient human beings, we SHOULD BE and generally ARE abhorrent when we see that somebody else is not offering and providing life sustaining care to a puppy, kitten or the like. We as compassionate people can and should assure that care is offered and provided for young life and young human life.
Mr. Obama falsely claimed protections for the life of the mother were missing in the legislation that came before him. But another entity - not a WE DON'T FERRET OUT NEWS - WE PREFER TO SNOOZE entity - researched and demonstrated that protection had indeed been incorporated into the legislation that came before him. LINK http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200... Mr Obama and his network have a past and a history of a mismatch between rhetoric and reality. There is also a history of ignoring important issues and a history of attempting to keep the inconvenient, the squalid, the repulsive beneath a delusive, fake, false and life-depriving veneer free from the disinfecting effect of sunlight.
Let the debate bring disinfecting sunlight to this important matter.
Charlotte

Orlando, FL

#20 Oct 2, 2012
KellyLovesBonJovi wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats and best wishes to you and your new baby boy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McConnell campaign manager resigns amid Iowa br... 12 hr Shinichiro Takizawa 15
Poll: A deadlock in Iowa's key Senate race Aug 28 Le Jimbo 3
Ben Carson wins presidential straw poll, wows a... Aug 27 millie 1
Gingrich: Mitt Romney is a liar (Jan '12) Aug 26 swedenforever 51
Hillary Clinton to attend fundraiser in Iowa Aug 18 RustyS 1
$16.5M Hot Lotto Prize Still Unclaimed in Iowa (Nov '11) Aug 18 Roy Veach 16
Crime in Davenport (Oct '06) Aug 10 jordan 38
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••