Gitchie Manitou Murders in 1973
GED

Sioux Falls, SD

#25069 Jan 24, 2013
I knew Terry for 30+ years. Anyone would be hard- pressed to find a man as loving and real as Terry was. I have memories of him I will cherish to my dieing day.

I, too, heard the rumor and didn't believe it. What made it hard was the messenger was close to Terry. There had to be some weird miscommunication somewhere. I, too, am glad you spoke up.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#25070 Feb 16, 2013
mommawldcat wrote:
<quoted text>
I should know your dad,, i lived at 509 north Franklin back then. kitty corner,across the street from Mike H. 2 doors south of the Zimmer family. straight across from the Ahrenholtz family.Mike and I dated a few times that summer.I had met all of the boys that summer, I was living with my cousin JoAnn's family
My father was one of the Zimmer boys.(Joe)He and Mike were good pals. Small world.
mommawldcat

Elkhorn, WI

#25071 Feb 16, 2013
pbrme80 wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was one of the Zimmer boys.(Joe)He and Mike were good pals. Small world.
I was friends with your dad, and Brenda was my best friend that summer, The last time I saw them was in 1977 when my oldest daughter was about six months old. I was back in Sioux Falls visiting family, I moved to Wisconsin in 1975... your dad and Brenda had us over for dinner,pls say hello for me.

Since: Feb 13

Elkhorn, WI

#25072 Feb 16, 2013
pbrme80 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew your dad and his siblings, my name is Susan "sue" my maiden name is Conklin, I am second cousin to Mike, Terry, Kim, and Bobby, we were the house with all the dogs. my cousin worked at the Humane society back then, half the block came over and we played rummy all afternoon while i baby sat.
it would be great to hear from them after all these years.
I hold only good memories of they people I knew back then.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#25073 Feb 17, 2013
mommawldcat wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew your dad and his siblings, my name is Susan "sue" my maiden name is Conklin, I am second cousin to Mike, Terry, Kim, and Bobby, we were the house with all the dogs. my cousin worked at the Humane society back then, half the block came over and we played rummy all afternoon while i baby sat.
it would be great to hear from them after all these years.
I hold only good memories of they people I knew back then.
I will be sure to tell him hello for you. strange that you get reconnected with someone by looking up such a morbid topic but I guess some good can come of all this. My dad is fine and lives in the twin cities. Brenda still lives in Sioux Falls with her family.
Catholic Boy

Ajax, Canada

#25074 Feb 19, 2013
Kind of nice to read about friends meeting here.
LetitBe

Brandon, SD

#25075 Feb 20, 2013
It's happened before.
cheetah

Hopkins, MN

#25076 Mar 5, 2013
but not for awhile.

Since: Feb 13

Elkhorn, WI

#25077 Mar 6, 2013
I have went back and read some of the past post on this site, seems like a lot of judgements and negativity, but it also seems like a lot of that has gone to the way side, it was cool to see friendships develop here, hope it moves back in a good directions WITH OUT all the judgement, just saying,
oh and I believe the bible says judge not!!!!
LetitBe

Brandon, SD

#25078 Mar 7, 2013
Yepper. Most of us don't judge on here, but as you can see ................
wldchld

Valley Springs, SD

#25079 Mar 23, 2013
Judging? Whatever. I could give a ratz azz what most people think of me anyway. Lol
Judge away.
I haven’t posted in forever so I thought I’d breeze thru.
Interesting post containing the link to somewhat current photos of the Fryers. 40 years behind bars has not been kind to them apparently. Good. I hope they’ve hated every minute of it.
I’m doing well…. A few health issues but I suppose that comes with age. My body is creeping up on 60 (WTF-IKR) luckily my mind is still 19! The biggest b*tch is that neuropathy is spreading to my hands. It makes work a mother, but hey, I got a good job and I am able to work even if it is painful. It saves me from a life of sitting in my garage drinking beer everyday… for that I am thankful.
Well hello to anyone who gives a sh*t. Screw you to those who don’t…. and you know who you are. lol
LetitBe

Brandon, SD

#25080 Apr 3, 2013
Sounds like your ALL screwed up!!!
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#25081 Apr 3, 2013
LetitBe wrote:
Sounds like your ALL screwed up!!!
An unnecessary comment. I thought we were talking about Gitchie Manitou...
eileen

Sioux Falls, SD

#25082 Apr 3, 2013
Let it go Rob. Someone's hopping mad and they don't have a leg to stand on.
LetitBe

Brandon, SD

#25083 Apr 4, 2013
Rob. Eileen and Wldchld are both talking about me. You may not understand the comments. Life is great. Very happy here. Maybe they need to change their eating habits. You need to love yourself before you can be nice to others.:)

My cats name is Gitchie.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#25084 Apr 4, 2013
LetitBe wrote:
Rob. Eileen and Wldchld are both talking about me. You may not understand the comments. Life is great. Very happy here. Maybe they need to change their eating habits. You need to love yourself before you can be nice to others.:)
My cats name is Gitchie.
I have three cats, named Feather, Fang and Fiona. They are very nice kitties, mostly.

But I have asked questions here regarding specifics, such as where exactly in the Natural Area the murders took place. I.E. were the teenagers camping in the old WPA constructed park shelter which has gone to ruin? Is that why it was allowed to go to ruin? Was the house next to the Natural Area there at the time of the murders? If so, are the occupants the same?

I love the place, and I'm sure you guys have old times to discuss which is fine. But could we keep the nastiness to a minimum? I actually have substantive questions... at least I think so...
Eileen

Sioux Falls, SD

#25085 Apr 4, 2013
Rob, basically all the info you are seeking is posted on this site. It takes time to peruse all the pagest, but it is there. Wldchld did some extensive research and probably doesn't want to rehash it all, not to mention the victims relatives that probably don't want to read it again.

Fiona, would that be from 'Shameless'?

Wldchld, my neuropathy has gotten steadily worse. If I spend too much time on feet during day sleep is impossible that night, making for some weird sleep patterns. But It doesn't take long to find someone that is worse off than yourself...

What have you been eating these days?
wldchld

Valley Springs, SD

#25086 Apr 4, 2013
Like I said... you know who you are.
Rob, None of the murders took place at the shelter.
Roger was killed at their camp-sight which was NW from the cabin in a part of the park which is now off the beaten path. Everyone else was killed South of the cabin in the clearing where the road used to turn around. No... the house was not there at the time as were hardly any of the trees you find there today. The place has been allowed to go to ruin because of people partying there at night. I mean, look at the condition of the place with the road closed. Can you imagine the mess if where still open?
Yes... neuropathy blows baby chunks. Mine is getting worse as well. I eat healthy... when it's not the holidays.lol
wldchld

Valley Springs, SD

#25088 Apr 5, 2013
Truth hurts....
wldchld

Valley Springs, SD

#25089 Apr 7, 2013
If your interested here is a aerial photo f the park as it was in '73

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb38/wldch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 58 min WasteWater 9
cia (Aug '15) Jul 21 Don Feducci 18
News Iowa gov vexed by Sen. Joni Ernst's speech gett... Jul 20 Captain Yesterday 3
Blood LIne Presid Jul 19 Keep it in Family 1
News Trump Leads Hillary in Iowa Jul 12 YouDidntBuildThat 3
News Joni Ernst's big RNC moment likely won't be as VP Jul 11 Responsibility 6
News Iowa Senators propose bill to hold illegal immi... Jun 30 tomin cali 1
More from around the web