CornBalls

Jefferson, IA

#25043 Sep 25, 2012
kacy wrote:
sandy was my best friend at the time. didnt want to go that nite. she asked me to go so i called my mom and she said no. thanks mom,u saved me a very brutal evening. i cant ever say thanks enough. trust me, sandy, jim and bill all know me. we went to school togather. harris something
Big fn deal so you knew some druggies.
CornBalls

Jefferson, IA

#25044 Sep 25, 2012
Smoke pot and deal with the grim reaper. Only DOPES smoke Pot.
cheetah

Minneapolis, MN

#25045 Sep 29, 2012
have a few more malitais and you'll forget all about
those dope smokers.
cboy

United States

#25046 Oct 9, 2012
pbrme80 wrote:
my father grew up across the street from one of the victims and knew all four. he told me this story many times and said he lost many nights of sleep over it. he also states that about a year after the crimes one of his friends went to the same state park and commited suicide, but was not sure if it was because of the lost the other four victims or if it was simply a cooincident.
Brett Loen?
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

#25047 Oct 11, 2012
Catholic Boy wrote:
http://murderpedia.org/male.F/ f/fryer-brothers.htm
Maybe you have seen this, maybe not.
Do you know exactly where in the park the murders took place? I've always thought they must have had their campfire in the now-ruined shelter built by WPA in the '30's. And I've thought maybe that's the reason the shelter has gone to ruin, as a horrible crime was committed there(and apparently a later suicide. I asked IA DNR these questions and gotten nowhere.

The reason I ask these things is that I occasionally walk this area, and though I've never been creeped out by the place, there is a certain curiosity bordering on being creeped out.
pbrme80

Saint Paul, MN

#25050 Oct 18, 2012
cboy, im not sure of your question. my dad grew up across the street from Mike h. one of the victims. i dont know who brett is. feel free to ask for any info though. pbrme80.
pbrme80

Saint Paul, MN

#25051 Oct 18, 2012
I have also been trying to find pictures/arrest photos of the Fryer bros. Have searched the entire net. any ideas or where to find them please let me know.
angel

Tyndall, SD

#25052 Nov 1, 2012
I remember in Sioux Falls wrote:
I grew up with those boys. They were all from my eastside neighborhood. They stopped by my work before heading out to Gitchie Manitou to camp.
There should be more articles in the Argus Leader Newspaper archives.
The boys were camping, the Frye brothers approached them, harassed them, chased them down and shot and killed them. I know a couple of them were shot in the back as they were running away. If I remember correctly, they were told to run.
Curious as to why you are looking for info?
My Family recently went there and some stuff happened it is supposedly haunted by the people that got killed do you belive/
angel

Tyndall, SD

#25053 Nov 1, 2012
Do any of you guys believe this place is haunted?
my family recently went there an we caught some stuff on recording.
Rob

Plymouth, MN

#25054 Nov 1, 2012
angel wrote:
Do any of you guys believe this place is haunted?
my family recently went there an we caught some stuff on recording.
Such as?
Cboy

Toronto, Canada

#25056 Nov 19, 2012
Another Anniversary comes and goes. 39 years.
LetitBe

Brandon, SD

#25057 Nov 21, 2012
I was there this month. It's been awhile since I posted. I am thinking about those boys. I have deep feelings abouth this place.
Sherri and Sandy, I am thinking about you too.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#25058 Nov 26, 2012
I have been looking for pictures of the Fryer brothers on the net. Have came up empty too. Any ideas?
robert cox

Las Vegas, NV

#25059 Nov 26, 2012
I was in 7grade home room with Dana Baade at Patrick Henry junior high school in Sioux Falls at the time. He was good people.We satnext to each other. Also knew the surviving girl in the early 80's .There was drugs in Sioux Falls like anywhere but I dont recall it as a factor in a big way,in our lives or the tragic murders. Keep in mind Wounded Knee 2 was at the time. Sadly there is and always has been hatred towards native Indians in this region. I hope Fryer bros. rot in hell
Loaded

Carlisle, AR

#25060 Dec 3, 2012
Alan Fryer worked for Alton Johnson, deceased, a gew miles NW of Hartford. Alan fryer lived in an old farmhouse owned bt Johnson rhat was just down the road. What a horrible feeling to know he was running around the area awhile before he was caught.
Kubota Kid

Carlisle, AR

#25061 Dec 3, 2012
Debbie from Schwartz MFG, December 7 1979. Miss you still.
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#25062 Dec 3, 2012
I found that all three of the Fryer brothers are in Iowa prisons to this day, but I still cant find any mugshot photos of them. If you have please let me know.
onesickbasturd

Sioux Falls, SD

#25063 Dec 4, 2012
onesickbasturd

Sioux Falls, SD

#25064 Dec 4, 2012
Anonymous

Saint Paul, MN

#25065 Dec 4, 2012
Thank you onesickbastard! Found them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bored on skype? Thu xxxbadgirlsexxx 1
Polls favor GOP Senate takeover Dec 17 Swedenforever 3
Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) Dec 12 stand-up guy in Ames 166
Gingrich: Mitt Romney is a liar (Jan '12) Dec 10 swedenforever 65
Night Cleaning Jobs Dec 6 Jason 1
Steve King is a close ally of Ted Cruz, and tha... Dec 3 wild child 1
Crime in Davenport (Oct '06) Dec 1 olynicol3 39
More from around the web