Missing child alert process sought

Missing child alert process sought

There are 2 comments on the The Des Moines Register story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Missing child alert process sought. In it, The Des Moines Register reports that:

Iowa lacks uniform procedures to alert the public or area law enforcement officers when a child is missing, prompting some in the state to begin a push for standard notification requirements.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Des Moines Register.

grmasiemens

United States

#1 Sep 6, 2012
I think IA should have an earlier alert system. By the time 24 hours is up your kid(s) could be long gone. Parents know better than anyone what is "out of the norm " for their kid(s). Law enforcement needs to start listening to them since they know their family better than they do.
love and light

Porter, TX

#2 Sep 13, 2012
I don't know why it would be difficult to put in place a law suporting the child's right to be put on amber alert right away even if no one saw the child be abducted especially when the child was outdoors playing and disappeared. In a world where sex offenders roam the street and are allowed to roam the street this would be elementary. You can't tell me somebody's always watching to make sure they're not within so many feet of a school or playground. They would have to be watched 24/7 and heck kids can be snatched off the sidewalk as far as that goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa Utilities Board approves huge wind energy ... 21 min Solarman 2
News Gay Republican Iowa Senate Hopeful: I'm Not the... 36 min Ted Haggard s Gos... 3
News Iowa felon who voted in 2012 election ordered t... 3 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Gitchie Manitou Murders in 1973 (Nov '06) 17 hr deb essem 24,859
News Clinton keeps stay-the-course strategy on found... Thu OccupyThis 3
News Trump Plan to Deport 11 Million Immigrants Sell... (Sep '15) Thu Flip Flopping Rom... 322
GD Designs Rochdale (26) Thu august005 1
More from around the web