Push to ban gay marriage flagging in ...

Push to ban gay marriage flagging in Iowa

There are 41 comments on the www.twincities.com story from Jul 5, 2012, titled Push to ban gay marriage flagging in Iowa. In it, www.twincities.com reports that:

Ever since gay couples began flocking to Iowa to wed three years ago, conservative Republicans here have been looking forward to ending the state's status as the only place in the Midwest where gay marriage is legal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.twincities.com.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22 Jul 5, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been 'near' enough dyke bars to see that anti-male, dog in heat fury, I don't wanna know any more, and stay away from my kids.
grow up, you little twit. maybe if you had ever gone inside you'd learn that lesbians are just folks like any other you have ever met.

get some education before you hurt yourself.

Location hidden

#23 Jul 5, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>After reading your posts, the one who needs to stay away from your kids is you. You've shortchanged them enough just by being genetically related to them, don't compound it by "teaching" them to be as irrationally hateful and willfully ignorant as you have chosen to be. Do them a favor, let them be raised by adults.
you don't really think that he has any kids, do you? he's just some silly little highschool kid who has nothing to do during his summer vacation from school.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#24 Jul 5, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
you don't really think that he has any kids, do you? he's just some silly little highschool kid who has nothing to do during his summer vacation from school.
Well he said he had kids and natural selection certainly isn't what it used to be, so you never can tell whether one of these evolutionary throwaways who hang out here have ever bred or not. It's usually easier for me to imagine them as asexual dead ends whose sexual orientation, if any, is strictly theoretical. What they pass off as their minds are scary enough as it is without having to go there with them. Besides, even if he's never been a party to the miracle of conception, he should be kept away from children.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#25 Jul 5, 2012
CORN 4EVA !

:)

Location hidden

#26 Jul 6, 2012
FaFoxy wrote:
CORN 4EVA !
:)
um... who is eva, and why does she want corn?

Location hidden

#27 Jul 6, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Well he said he had kids and natural selection certainly isn't what it used to be, so you never can tell whether one of these evolutionary throwaways who hang out here have ever bred or not. It's usually easier for me to imagine them as asexual dead ends whose sexual orientation, if any, is strictly theoretical. What they pass off as their minds are scary enough as it is without having to go there with them. Besides, even if he's never been a party to the miracle of conception, he should be kept away from children.
maybe so, but if he's kept away from children he'll never be able to finish highschool... and if he never finishes high school he'll never be able to converse on subjects which require critical thinking... it's a problem which has been occurring a whole lot lately, it seems... especially on these threads.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#28 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
maybe so, but if he's kept away from children he'll never be able to finish highschool... and if he never finishes high school he'll never be able to converse on subjects which require critical thinking... it's a problem which has been occurring a whole lot lately, it seems... especially on these threads.
Most prisons have GED programs these days...

Location hidden

#29 Jul 6, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Most prisons have GED programs these days...
do they still have reform schools... you know, kiddie prisons?
The Barking Buck

Becket, MA

#30 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text>
do they still have reform schools... you know, kiddie prisons?
Telling.

Ya know, your motto should read:
Hatred, abrogating one's own body, mind, father, and mother.
The Barking Buck

Becket, MA

#31 Jul 6, 2012
Gay marriage is worse than the adultery of one's own spouse.

Littleton, NH

#32 Jul 6, 2012
Wow! Somebody's got an obsession. Buck is more worried about what the two guys are doing next door than who his wife's doing it with. They do have psychologists in Springfield. They can prescribe some good meds for you.

Location hidden

#33 Jul 6, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
Telling.
Ya know, your motto should read:
Hatred, abrogating one's own body, mind, father, and mother.
wtf?

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#34 Jul 6, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
Gay marriage is worse than the adultery of one's own spouse.
Please explain that.......because if you believe that......you basically give straights a free pass when they cheat on their spouses.
Reverse Discrimination

Becket, MA

#35 Jul 7, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain that.......because if you believe that......you basically give straights a free pass when they cheat on their spouses.
You moron that is not what I was saying, adultery is illegal in some states, and SHOULD be illegal. It, believe it or not, destroys marriages and relationships. It goes back to responsibilities and wrongs, equal wrongs.
The voodoo yoodoo is even worse than adultery!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#36 Jul 7, 2012
Reverse Discrimination wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you believe that a gay person who commits to marriage, perhaps raises a family, and never cheats on their spouse is WORSE than a straight cheater who destroys their family?

Really?

All because they can only be attracted to the same gender?

How is this logical to you?

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#37 Jul 7, 2012
<quoted text>
You moron that is not what I was saying, adultery is illegal in some states, and SHOULD be illegal. It, believe it or not, destroys marriages and relationships. It goes back to responsibilities and wrongs, equal wrongs.
If adultery is a crime, why is it not prosecuted more often? How many cases are prosecuted for this crime?

Seems that many states have adultery as a crime on their law books, but it is dormant and not really enforced.....but you would like it to be just for Gays and Lesbians, right?

Littleton, NH

#38 Jul 7, 2012
<quoted text>
If adultery is a crime anywhere in the US, the law cannot be enforced. Consenting adults have the right to privacy in their own bedrooms.

When is the last time someone was jailed, fined, or even arrested for adultery? Not during my lifetime.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#39 Jul 7, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
If adultery is a crime anywhere in the US, the law cannot be enforced. Consenting adults have the right to privacy in their own bedrooms.
When is the last time someone was jailed, fined, or even arrested for adultery? Not during my lifetime.
I've heard of a couple of cases in the past 20 years where people were convicted of adultery.

I also saw a guy on tv who was convicted, AND sentenced to prison, for having oral sex with his then-wife.

Also, last I heard, it is a violating of the UCMJ for a person in the military to have sex with ANYONE whom they are not married to. I also remember reading a case where a soldier was convicted and setenced to the stockade for violating that also.

While convictions of this type are certainly rare in the U.S., they do happen as prosecution is up to the D.A., and some of them are serious about things like this.
The Barking Buck

Becket, MA

#40 Jul 7, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly, excess, vice, or immoral behavior ignored, laws not being enforced. Adultery clearly is a danger to the health of any spouse that does not partake in such vice or excess. It is clearly detrimental to any spouses feelings and relationship, especially when children are involved. None of you sound very caring about children, not suprisingly. Also, you speak of adultery somehow not being able to be enforced, why is that?
Don't forget, consenting adults break the law in many areas of life every day. So just ignore the law?

Littleton, NH

#41 Jul 9, 2012
The Barking Buck wrote:
nothing worth reading the first time, much less a second.
I'm glad I have a cat. Her meows make far mor sense Han your barks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa's proposed Medicaid cut could signal new G... Sep '17 anonymous 1
News Lawsuit accuses Iowa boarding school of culture... (Mar '16) Jun '17 AmPieJam UncleSam 3
News Pence rallying GOP base in Iowa, where some coo... Jun '17 Putins Glock Holster 6
News Planned Parenthood to close 4 Iowa clinics afte... (May '17) May '17 Lawrence Wolf 29
News Fight Over Planned Parenthood Funding Could Los... (Apr '17) Apr '17 RuffnReddy 1
News Iowa bill would let woman sue doctors who perfo... (Jan '17) Jan '17 cpeter1313 4
News Grab your 12-gauge, Dick - it's time to trim Th... (Mar '08) Nov '16 venus from orlando 42
More from around the web