Measurers to stop livestock taping stall in states

Jun 13, 2011 Full story: KansasCity.com

Efforts to outlaw the undercover recording of animal abuse in livestock operations appear to have stalled in Iowa and other states in the face of complaints that the proposals were intended primarily to protect the industry with little concern for animals' welfare.A measure to punish those who make secret videos initially appeared to be sailing ...

Full Story

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 13, 2011
They are trying to obstruct the truth. If I were a meat consumer I would want to know where my 'food' is coming from. There should be cameras installed in every factory farm, not only to ensure that the animals are being treated 'humanely', but to ensure that there is no negligence during processing and packaging. If it were up to me, there would be no such thing as a factory farm. These are not products, they are living beings, too bad the majority doesn't see it this way. Until they do, let's ensure that these creatures are afforded some protections.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#2 Jun 13, 2011
These absurd bills were always intended simply to assist the industry in covering up some poor practices. Nothing more than a "Thou shalt not uncover the truth" approach to our Freedom of Speech!

Sorry, Republicans: Every industry IS capable of wrongdoing -- even if you can't imagine it!

“FED UP WITH TOPIX”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#3 Jun 13, 2011
Madaman wrote:
Sorry, Republicans: Every industry IS capable of wrongdoing -- even if you can't imagine it!
They are probably apart of it.

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

#4 Jun 13, 2011
LiddySays wrote:
<quoted text>
They are probably apart of it.
Amazing what a few well-placed campaign contributions can do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quinnipiac: Little change in Iowa Senate, guber... Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
Sarah Palin to Headline SHE-PAC Iowa Rally for ... (Apr '14) Oct '14 Eron 26
Jurors to see Iowa prison's graphic films at trial Sep '14 Really 1
AIDS Researchers Among Dead In Malaysian Flight... Jul '14 Money is God 1
La Raza Demands Amnesty Vote from New Maj. Lead... Jul '14 S K R E W Them 2
McCarthy elected new House majority leader Jun '14 barefoot2626 34
Capital Journal Daybreak: U.S., Iran Near Talks... Jun '14 Jeff Brightone 1

Iowa Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE