Kid-care aid cut delay urged - Hawaii...

Kid-care aid cut delay urged - Hawaii News

There are 11 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Kid-care aid cut delay urged - Hawaii News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

State Rep. John Mizuno wants the state Department of Human Services to delay carrying out proposed changes in state child-care subsidies until May 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

BozoNemesis

AOL

#1 Dec 4, 2009
"I already have the FFA similarly approved form format from the Prairie du Chien job." And the subsidies aren't welfare or a form of welfare? The only thing missing is the EBT card. Wise up...
Maris

Honolulu, HI

#2 Dec 4, 2009
Why should I have to pay for someone else's child to go to preschool, while I don't qualify for assistance and can barely afford my own child's education?
Notgonnasay

Honolulu, HI

#3 Dec 4, 2009
Maris wrote:
Why should I have to pay for someone else's child to go to preschool, while I don't qualify for assistance and can barely afford my own child's education?
A better question would be why am I paying for someone else's FAMILY member to watch their children? And the $1300ish per child..I have 2 children under 3 in daycare and it costs me less than $1300...and as they get older it gets significantly cheaper..whats going on here?
fm huh

United States

#4 Dec 4, 2009
The reason for people bit$hin about cutting child care back is because you will be cutting back on there income. What I mean is that people that have state assistance with child care will have grand parents or family members to watch there kids and pocket the money theY receive for child care or split it with a family member. So some people are crying that they will have to stay home and watch there kids instead of going to work if the state cut back on child care assistance please thats a excuse!!!! People seem to forget the respondsibility that comes with having kids!!!! The question they should be asking is why should tax payers pay for other people such as grandma or grandpa or other family members to watch my kids instead of ME!!!!
Reader

Kihei, HI

#5 Dec 4, 2009
Eliminate the subsidy. Don't have children unless you can afford to care for them.

Since: Feb 08

Kaneohe, Hawaii

#6 Dec 4, 2009
I don't understand why a subsidy is paid to a relative who is watching a child. Shouldn't a grandmother or an aunt or uncle watch a child in need if they can? And the argument is that, if this subsidy goes away, then the relative will not watch the child? What has happened to the concept of ohana that is so exalted?
All In

Lihue, HI

#7 Dec 4, 2009
You breed em you watch em!! The 10 minute ride on the hubby horse or the slug pocket does not constitute for every one else to pay to watch your F--k product. Get rid of subsidy.
cut it

Mililani, HI

#8 Dec 4, 2009
Cut the subsidy!!!!
Leeward Lolo

Chicago, IL

#9 Dec 4, 2009
$66 million? Stop this nonsense immediately.

Just another way to scam the system.
joethebutcher

Waipahu, HI

#10 Dec 5, 2009
Why don't we make the teachers take another day of furlough so we can provide more funds for daycare?

Since: Feb 08

Kaneohe, Hawaii

#11 Dec 7, 2009
joethebutcher wrote:
Why don't we make the teachers take another day of furlough so we can provide more funds for daycare?
For many, teachers are day care providers already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders protest gay-marriage ban - Hawaii News (Feb '09) May 21 NoahLovesU 276
White Male Privilege (Audio) May 14 Mark Rosenkranz 1
Who are better athletes Samoans,Tongans,Fijians... (Jan '12) Apr 27 Lisa 26
News Despite recent downpours, rainfall down signifi... Apr '15 District 1 11
News Honolulu Condo Boom Prices Out Hawaiians, Unear... Apr '15 Minneserable 1
News How fish is cooked affects heart-health benefit... (Nov '09) Apr '15 LLL 4
Non whites do not use soap and spread disease Apr '15 Mr Beastly 1
More from around the web