First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kalani kapoi

Olympia, WA

#21 Oct 12, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should learn some facts before you go flappin your lips, I'm a local Hawaiian born and raised here but even if I were a haole..so what? Comments like this is why the rest of the country considers us a peon nobody fake state filled with stoopid racists.
I agree with you bro,I am born and raised in Hawaii,and a poi dog like most eveyone there, I live in washington state now,I just got back from Hawaii,I miss the people and food but yes the Island is changing,so much trafic...why does every thing have to be racial,thats a big down fall there.....
Kalani kapoi

Olympia, WA

#22 Oct 12, 2010
Hawaii has good,bad and all that every other place has,I am born and raised there but live in washington state for now,I still call hawaii home and still love it there......YOU WILL TOO...

“We will never forget Obama's ”

Since: Mar 09

Muslim home boys killed 3000

#23 Oct 13, 2010
Kalani kapoi wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you bro,I am born and raised in Hawaii,and a poi dog like most eveyone there, I live in washington state now,I just got back from Hawaii,I miss the people and food but yes the Island is changing,so much trafic...why does every thing have to be racial,thats a big down fall there.....
Yes, you are correct.

Because of the Hawaiian extremists, Hawaii is fast becoming known as a racist state. This makes it dangerous for locals who travel up to certain parts of the mainland.

You better watch how you treat those haoles because if you travel to certain parts of the mainland you'll be on their "turf" and you better hope they havent been a target of racism when they were in the islands.
Carole

Reno, NV

#24 Oct 16, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should learn some facts before you go flappin your lips, I'm a local Hawaiian born and raised here but even if I were a haole..so what? Comments like this is why the rest of the country considers us a peon nobody fake state filled with stoopid racists.
Infidel, you hit that RIGHT ON THE MARK!! "Ignorant, racist" and "Hawaii" seem to be used in the same sentences.
Priya Patel

Hornchurch, UK

#25 Apr 14, 2011
I visited Hawaii last summer. I live in London, and I miss it a lot! There is nowhere else on earth like it (in my opinion) It has a mix of everything.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#26 Aug 13, 2011
Wow very sad.
recent visitor

Broken Arrow, OK

#27 Oct 16, 2011
I am offended by a lot of your comments about white people. I went over to Hawaii in June and I thought it was nice and planned on going back real soon. Now I am not so sure since there is obviously a lot of racism. "Haole people?" Whatever. Now as I look back to my Hawaiian vacation and remember all the smiling faces of all the workers there my mind can't help but wonder if they were thinking "Haole" when they saw me. I know that most of your dollars in Hawaii comes from tourism...however with all the racist comments I will not be taking myself or my "Haolen children" back there. Just because I am white doesn't mean you can treat me bad or other whites bad. We are human also. We all deserve respect. All the races in America and in the world.
recent visitor

Broken Arrow, OK

#28 Oct 16, 2011
As I was saying we all deserve respect. It doesn't matter what race you are: Black, white, Asian, Native American, etc. etc. We all deserve respect.
Lone Wolf

San Jose, CA

#29 Jan 5, 2012
Real Hawaiins aren't racist,just the wanna bees who don't fit in anywhere and blame the whitey for their own ignorance and misfortune, Aloha.
onemore424

Conyers, GA

#30 Jan 8, 2012
Lone Wolf wrote:
Real Hawaiins aren't racist,just the wanna bees who don't fit in anywhere and blame the whitey for their own ignorance and misfortune, Aloha.
I'm not Hawaiian but I've visited your magical islands..I'm born & raised in Ga & 1st visited your lovely land in 1998, & of course fell in love.Ive been fortunate enough to return 3 more times & I must say I've been the victim of racsism more than once.I REFUSE to let that stop me from enjoying paradise!!!! We also have racism in the south & I think it's disgusting(and that's coming from a white girl..or haole as you call it) we all need to feel more LOVE..WHERE IS THE LOVE ???????!!!
Lone Wolf

San Jose, CA

#31 Jan 8, 2012
onemore424 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Hawaiian but I've visited your magical islands..I'm born & raised in Ga & 1st visited your lovely land in 1998, & of course fell in love.Ive been fortunate enough to return 3 more times & I must say I've been the victim of racsism more than once.I REFUSE to let that stop me from enjoying paradise!!!! We also have racism in the south & I think it's disgusting(and that's coming from a white girl..or haole as you call it) we all need to feel more LOVE..WHERE IS THE LOVE ???????!!!
It's good to hear you can move beyond stupid people being racist it's a fact that many people of the white variety experience racisim for the first time in Hawaii I have experienced this firsthand ,Hawaii is a good place all the b.s goes away when you live there and become an island person.
Haolegirl

Cumming, GA

#32 Jan 26, 2012
I grew up on Oahu in the 70's, the daughter of a Navy man. Although being a haole had it's problems, I loved growing up in Hawaii. It was and still is a magical place. I wouldn't trade growing up there for anything. There was so much to do. I love to surf, and snorkel, and just be on the beach. It's the only place I ever lived that I felt I could truly be myself. I went back this last year. Maui reminds me of the way Oahu was in the 70's, but I still love Oahu. All the problems can't take away from it's beauty, and I still find Aloha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Micronesian in Hawaii (Aug '11) Wed Kepe Kabua Kabua 544
One Nation the U.S. Actually Should Liberate Sep 29 HapaHawaiianKid 3
Isle housing bottom seen - Business (Apr '09) Sep 26 Joe Balls 61,815
Who are better athletes Samoans,Tongans,Fijians... (Jan '12) Sep 23 Avamoore 21
Waianae's greatest street fights! (Mar '09) Sep 13 Rose from Waipahu 3
Home Depot confirms breach in US, Canada stores Sep 9 Jaysus Sharia 2
A look at the Hawaii volcano sending lava towar... Sep 8 Adrian Godsafe MSc 2

Hawaii People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE