I miss Hawaii
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Seabata Makoae

Maseru, Lesotho

#1 Jan 6, 2010
Hello , good people , I hope the few lines will reach you , I really miss Hawaii and am planning to visit Hawaii , what is new there? the last I was in Honolulu was in 1999, when I attended the Millenium Young People's Congress, as a delegate from Lesotho in Southern Africa. Oh how I miss you good people and you beautiful island , Please get in tauch and let me know how the island is doing . I am planning to visit at the end of 2010, what good place are there to visit , I remember Diamond Head, the Hilton hawaiian Village and the Beaches and many more ,,.

Please share with me .

Got bless you
Freedom

Honolulu, HI

#2 Jan 7, 2010
Seabata Makoae wrote:
Hello , good people , I hope the few lines will reach you , I really miss Hawaii and am planning to visit Hawaii , what is new there? the last I was in Honolulu was in 1999, when I attended the Millenium Young People's Congress, as a delegate from Lesotho in Southern Africa. Oh how I miss you good people and you beautiful island , Please get in tauch and let me know how the island is doing . I am planning to visit at the end of 2010, what good place are there to visit , I remember Diamond Head, the Hilton hawaiian Village and the Beaches and many more ,,.
Please share with me.
Do you remember Linda Lingle? Former mayor of Maui County! She's now the Governor of Hawaii. What a big travesty that has turned out to be. Lady is running the state broke! Advise is to visit the islands in 2012, Lingle will be out of office by then. FURLOUGH you visit!!!!!
waimea jim

United States

#3 Jan 7, 2010
Seabata Makoae wrote:
Please share with me .
Got bless you
You were fortunate to visit this island in 1999, when the economy was good. Now, the politicians here have put the island economy into severe stress, not knowing where they can steal money from.
The taxpayers are getting fed up with what's going on, yet they refuse to vote.
This year is an election year, with many changes about to happen in political offices. The question is are we going to recycle our old politicians, who have bankrupted the system, into new offices, or are we going to elect new blood.
By the time you arrive here, you will find out what has happened. Just ask the people who are working at where you are staying, about what is happening in politics.
If you are here in Dec. you might be able to catch the big surf on the North Shore of Oahu, but plan on spending all day there, as the traffic is really bad if the surf is up. Pack some food, water, and toilet paper in a cooler and enjoy the surf.
Check to see what is happening in Waikiki if you are staying for the New Year's celebration, as the hotels have all kinds of things going on New Year's Eve. I don't know what your budget will be, but, the tickets will be pricy.
The President of the United States may be spending his Chistmas/New Years vacation here so seccurity may be tight on the island of Oahu.

Any way, have fun and be safe.
leeward lolo

Elgin, IL

#4 Jan 7, 2010
It is not a beautiful island any more. Rapidly turning into a huge trash pile. Hours are spent waiting in construction traffic which has lasted TEN years.

Bring plenty disinfectant.
Mickey Mouse

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jan 7, 2010
leeward lolo wrote:
It is not a beautiful island any more. Rapidly turning into a huge trash pile. Hours are spent waiting in construction traffic which has lasted TEN years.
Bring plenty disinfectant.
Remember Mufi Hannemann...he's our mayor now. Visit Hawaii in 10 years and you can experience his rail transportation system. Why go to Disneyland when Hawaii has the Billion doller ride!
Seabata Makoae

Maseru, Lesotho

#6 Jan 11, 2010
Hey Good People , thanks for responding to my topic , it is really paining to hear that the beautiful Island is get bad , all because the leaders are not doing enough , thanks any way for you info, please start campaigning for new leadership to change you situation

“Trump fixing Obama's mess”

Since: Mar 09

& Making America Great Again!

#7 Jan 11, 2010
Seabata Makoae wrote:
what is new there?
Meth use has increased by 33%...other than that it's the same ole', same ole'...still overtaxed, overcrowded, outrageously expensive Democrat run state.
Seabata Makoae

Maseru, Lesotho

#8 Jan 12, 2010
I am shocked none of you speak well of the Island that many people wish to visit , how is this possible good people .

Please help me understand , are things so bad or thi is a mere exagaration of things
waimea jim

United States

#9 Jan 12, 2010
If you want to see the real Hawaii, I suggest you go to the other islands. Honolulu (Waikiki) is just getting too crowded for most people.
It is becoming like any large city.
They are starting to stress out, and taking their frustrations out on each other.
Whereas, on the other islands, the people are more laid back and the pace of life is just starting to get hectic there. It is more like Hawaii was during the 1970's
I suggest you go to the island of Hawaii where you can see the volcano erupting up close. It is a spectacular sight. Waterfalls all around the east side of the island are another treat.
You can visit the city of refuge where, if you were persecuted and made it to the city of refuge, you would be granted immunity from persecution.
Also on the Big Island, on the Northwest side of the island is the birthplace of Kamehameha I the chief who united the islands, and the Heiau he built before launching his attack on the other islands.
If you are lucky, you might be able to see snow on Mauna Kea in December and later drive down to the beach for a swim.
Have a safe trip.
Hawaii Calls

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jan 12, 2010
Seabata Makoae wrote:
Hey Good People , thanks for responding to my topic , it is really paining to hear that the beautiful Island is get bad , all because the leaders are not doing enough , thanks any way for you info, please start campaigning for new leadership to change you situation
Aloha Makoae. Please don't listen to those posters that report that Hawaii is not what you remember. Those people are what we call HAOLES. No matter where you go you will find them. They are what you would call White Americans. You know them. We are suffering a recession which the whole world is. When you start hearing about politicians it always bad news. After all there is never a good politician(Govermnor or Mayor). Some of these people that responded to your comment are not even residence here, and the rest are transplanted mainlanders that no matter where they go are always a problem. We welcome you back to the islands. To us Hawaii is always the same and just as beautiful. You should understand that some don't like us and will spill their hate and vile with false statements.Like any place you go we have our problems. But far from the mainland states with real problems. We have gotten use to these people who are misfits in a state that welcomes everyone. We welcome you with Aloha.

#11 Jan 12, 2010
Hawaii Calls wrote:
<quoted text>
Aloha Makoae. Please don't listen to those posters that report that Hawaii is not what you remember. Those people are what we call HAOLES. No matter where you go you will find them. They are what you would call White Americans. You know them. We are suffering a recession which the whole world is. When you start hearing about politicians it always bad news. After all there is never a good politician(Govermnor or Mayor). Some of these people that responded to your comment are not even residence here, and the rest are transplanted mainlanders that no matter where they go are always a problem. We welcome you back to the islands. To us Hawaii is always the same and just as beautiful. You should understand that some don't like us and will spill their hate and vile with false statements.Like any place you go we have our problems. But far from the mainland states with real problems. We have gotten use to these people who are misfits in a state that welcomes everyone. We welcome you with Aloha.
Maybe you should learn some facts before you go flappin your lips, I'm a local Hawaiian born and raised here but even if I were a haole..so what? Comments like this is why the rest of the country considers us a peon nobody fake state filled with stoopid racists.

Since: Nov 08

Eagle River, AK

#12 Jan 13, 2010
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember Linda Lingle? Former mayor of Maui County! She's now the Governor of Hawaii. What a big travesty that has turned out to be. Lady is running the state broke! Advise is to visit the islands in 2012, Lingle will be out of office by then. FURLOUGH you visit!!!!!
Seabata, as you can tell by reading Freedom's response, there are still uneducated people in the islands who continue to vote democrat because they don't understand that the legislature sets fiscal policy. If you do come to the islands prepare to pay some of the highest taxes in the country on every purchase you make whether for services or merchandise.
elijahhawaii

Anderson, SC

#13 Jan 13, 2010
Seabata Makoae wrote:
Please share with me .
Got bless you
Lumela! Kena ka khotso! U phela joang? Ke phela hantle. Lebitso la ka ke Elijah. Ke lula SC. I am happy that you were able to visit Hawaii, and in a short time, you now love it very much. Hawaii is still a wonderful place just like you remember, but you were not in Hawaii long enough to see the larger problems. That is all they are saying. Please disregard the blunt comments here. Hlokomela! Sala hantle.

NB- Does Lesotho need teachers?
Seabata Makoae

Maseru, Lesotho

#14 Jan 13, 2010
elijahhawaii wrote:
<quoted text>
Lumela! Kena ka khotso! U phela joang? Ke phela hantle. Lebitso la ka ke Elijah. Ke lula SC. I am happy that you were able to visit Hawaii, and in a short time, you now love it very much. Hawaii is still a wonderful place just like you remember, but you were not in Hawaii long enough to see the larger problems. That is all they are saying. Please disregard the blunt comments here. Hlokomela! Sala hantle.
NB- Does Lesotho need teachers?
Hi Elijah Thanks for you response, oh , its good to hear that Hawaii, is still the place. Are you interested in teaching here, make you self a favour and add me on Facebook then we can talk about any possibilities, i do not wnat to give my contacts here.
Seabata Makoae

Maseru, Lesotho

#15 Jan 14, 2010
Thanks , it is very inspiring to hear from you ,
HAKA you

Honolulu, HI

#16 Jan 14, 2010
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should learn some facts before you go flappin your lips, I'm a local Hawaiian born and raised here but even if I were a haole..so what? Comments like this is why the rest of the country considers us a peon nobody fake state filled with stoopid racists.
Yea sure. Thats why you have a face of Hitler alongside your name.
Maka

Volcano, HI

#17 Jan 14, 2010
Hawaii, as you've known it... is no longer.

Aloha is dead.

The PC crowd hates all outsiders, white people and the USA.

Thinking of moving here? DON'T

Thinking of visiting Hawaii? DON't

We had a girl killed right on Waikiki beach in full view just about a month or two ago. Had a visitor sucker punched and killed for taking a picture awhile ago. Hate crimes happen ALL THE TIME

Stay away.

#18 Jan 15, 2010
HAKA you wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea sure. Thats why you have a face of Hitler alongside your name.
Whaaaat?

What does my pic of Sieg Heil Obama have anything to do with me being a local Hawaiian??

Oh right, because you're a politically ignorant, uninformed, kool aid drinkin, HSB/HA brainwashed Hawaii Obama sheeple and you just can't believe a local Hawaiian like myself doesn't support Obama "because Obama went go Punahou and he stay from ova hea!!!"

It's because of people like you that the rest of the country thinks we're a peon, nobody fake state filled with stooopid people.

lol
LocalGirl

Lutz, FL

#19 Jun 29, 2010
I just moved out of Hawaii to Florida (work) and i miss hawaii sooooo very much!!!! lived there for 5 years and wish i was still there. There is soooo much to do over there.
It is true, as many other cities, you could see bad stuff but in general hawaii still the same. I personally dont hang out much downtown as there are too many tourist and the beaches smells like tanning lotion lol stay away from traffic too!!!
oh ya... it is expensive and you probably dont have all the stores you would like but hey... there is tons of free outdoor stuffs to do!!!!!
All i have to say to the ppl that talks bad about is..... move out if u dont like it!!!!!!
Hawaii is still paradise!!!!! just stay away from haole ppl!! hahaaaa
Junk-a-Lunk

Jefferson, IA

#20 Aug 31, 2010
Just like anywhere else in the world, Hawaii has it's up and downs. However, it still has it's magical luster. I am a Hawaiian woman, born and raised in the islands, who moved to Seattle and then to Iowa. Growing up in the islands for me was always magical, but when you're always around the same thing day after day, some people may take it for granted. Hawaii will always be my home and it's heavenly to me, but now I appreciate it more because I'm away. I would never trade my experiences of growing up in Hawaii. I miss it and love it so much, that writing this makes my heart hurt. I wish drug abuse and crime didn't grow like weeds in Hawaii, but it is and we need to be more proactive. I will return back home one day, refreshed and definitely more appreciative, ready to bask in the glow of Hawaii's charms and beauty! I hope I will be able to afford it though... If not I'd have to move in with 'Ohana...:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats it like venturing out of the Ko Olina lag... Wed Daananamis 1
News News 10 Mins Ago Personality, not policy, set t... Sep 8 Cordwainer Trout 11
News Personality, not policy, set to define Hawaii g... Sep 6 American_Infidel 1
News Rising seas will devour Waikiki, wash away bill... Aug 26 Joe Balls 9
Wie (Jan '17) Aug '17 Wild 2
News Signs of Hawaiian Life in the Universe (May '07) Aug '17 tongangodz 435
News Safety-check reminders halted because of costs ... (Sep '09) Aug '17 Joe Balls 55
More from around the web