Civil Unions Measure Advances in Hawaii, While 2 States Talk Marriage Equality

There are 13 comments on the EDGEnewyork.com News Feed story from Feb 9, 2011, titled Civil Unions Measure Advances in Hawaii, While 2 States Talk Marriage Equality. In it, EDGEnewyork.com News Feed reports that:

Hawaii took another step toward civil unions on Feb. 8, when a committee in the state's House of Representatives approved a bill--similar to the one vetoed last year by GOP then-Gov. Linda Lingle--that would grant legal recognition to gay and lesbian families.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEnewyork.com News Feed.

Sgt Common Sense

Denver, CO

#1 Feb 9, 2011
Just a matter of time there will be marriage equality for same sex couples in every state (but I am sick of waiting).

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#2 Feb 9, 2011
Hopefully this will be passed and give Gay and Lesbian families in Hawaii what they have been fighting for........some equality, but Full Marriage Equality is what ALL American Citizens deserve!!!
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#3 Feb 9, 2011
I don't think we should be happy with, or settle for, second-class citizenship.
Notmammal

United States

#4 Feb 9, 2011
Psychiatric patients are not second class citizens. Any queers acting out their illness should be psychiatric patients. The severe degree of drug and other criminal involvement from the "gay" community in Hawaii should be the consideration in any confused attempt at placating them.

“SCOTUS will Rule in June for”

Since: Aug 08

MARRIAGE EQUALITY:-)

#5 Feb 9, 2011
Notmammal wrote:
Interesting nic R1.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#6 Feb 9, 2011
Notmammal wrote:
Psychiatric patients are not second class citizens. Any queers acting out their illness should be psychiatric patients. The severe degree of drug and other criminal involvement from the "gay" community in Hawaii should be the consideration in any confused attempt at placating them.
What possible reason could there be for coming into a gay and lesbian site, and spewing easily disputed lies. Just what does this do for you??
Valery

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Feb 9, 2011
So should I guess that you missed the memo thirty five years ago from the APA that said being gay or lesbian is NOT a mental illness. If you believe it yet you are being lied to my dear. Always know your sources.
Notmammal wrote:
Notmammal

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2011
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
What possible reason could there be for coming into a gay and lesbian site, and spewing easily disputed lies. Just what does this do for you??
The need for the homosexual community to act out its perversion and sickness in forums outside their little queer supported niche here is indicative of the psychiatric illness identified. Perverts should not be given free reign outside their buffered zones to impact our world. Answering your question nonetheless... It fulfills my sense of compassion and sympathy.
Notmammal

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2011
Valery wrote:
So should I guess that you missed the memo thirty five years ago from the APA that said being gay or lesbian is NOT a mental illness. If you believe it yet you are being lied to my dear. Always know your sources.
<quoted text>
The absurd violation of ALL scholarship to that point said in fact, that homosexuality was NOT NECESSARILY a mental illness. That's like saying that a serial murderer is not necessarily mentally ill... A foul and damaging distortion of scholarship and worse, jurisprudence. Such a distortion of APA standards was accomplished by disadvantaging a lack of quorum and an intentional invasion of the psychiatric field by perverts not unlike their invasion of the Catholic Church to abuse youngsters yes, but more, to attack the institution itself that so thoroughly exposed the baseness and perversion of most homosexuals.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#10 Feb 9, 2011
Notmammal wrote:
<quoted text>
The need for the homosexual community to act out its perversion and sickness in forums outside their little queer supported niche here is indicative of the psychiatric illness identified. Perverts should not be given free reign outside their buffered zones to impact our world. Answering your question nonetheless... It fulfills my sense of compassion and sympathy.
So, the homosexual doctors and nurses at my hospital should withhold their expertise, and stay in their "buffered zones"? I just hope someday you need a doctor, and just at that moment...they decide to go to their little "buffered zones". Suffer???

BTW you have neither compassion nor sympathy. Hatred seems to be the strongest emotion you possess.

Since: Nov 08

Oakland, CA

#11 Feb 9, 2011
If "Notmammal", what then, a reptile?

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#12 Feb 9, 2011
StevyD wrote:
If "Notmammal", what then, a reptile?
A lizard does seem to fit the bill.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#13 Feb 10, 2011
Notmammal wrote:
And in what way should we treat the hetero community in this country? After all, even if we assume the GLBT community is 10% of the population, I think that demonstrates that the hetero community has even more of a "drug and other criminal involvemnent" that does the GLBT community. Should we therefore limit consideration for the entire hetero community also, and limit their rights?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawaii Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Construction Of Giant Telescope In Hawaii Draws... Apr 23 Elise Gingerich 1
News How fish is cooked affects heart-health benefit... (Nov '09) Apr 16 LLL 4
News Woman, 37, charged in Waianae embezzlement case Apr 9 Mr Beastly 2
News How To Remove Florida Arrest.org And a Dui Mug ... (Jun '11) Mar '15 the shield 138
News China threatens to arm Hawaii separatists who w... Mar '15 tongangodz 7
News Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) Jan '15 Jonah1 16,153
News Costco will begin accepting food stamps - Hawai... (Oct '09) Dec '14 Joe Balls 565
More from around the web