With Russia, Fight Fire With Fire

With Russia, Fight Fire With Fire

There are 55 comments on the Groong story from Mar 15, 2014, titled With Russia, Fight Fire With Fire. In it, Groong reports that:

WITH RUSSIA, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE Voice of America March 14 2014 James Brooke Posted March 14th, 2014 Vladimir Putin is right.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Groong.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barry Smart

Christchurch, New Zealand

#1 Mar 16, 2014
I thought James Brooke was a journalist?. If you are going to comment on Ukraine tell the whole story not half of it. Tell us about Victoria Nuland and her $5B, tell us about the Estonian foreign minister's discussion with Catherine Ashton, tell us about the pro Russians killed in Kaharkiv. and the police killed by peaceful protesters. Crimea would still be with Ukraine if their lives had not been blighted by successive corrupt governments since the dissolution of the soviet union. Why not tell us what the EU and the IMF has in store for Ukraine. Tell us too about Svoboda and their role in the new illegal Ukrainian government. Explain why the west refuses to recognise Ossetia and will fail to recognize Crimea while it recognizes Kosovo ex Serbia. The West has driven Crimea into the hands of Russia and unless Kiev restrains it's thugs more regions will follow. A Svobodan quote "all my life i will fight Jews and Russians"
Dmitro Yarosh

United States

#2 Mar 16, 2014
You better stop saying those things or I'll crack your head open.
Aleksandr Muzychko

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2014
Then I'll string him up like a polish sausage and wrap him in his own intestines.
truth in advertising

United States

#4 Mar 16, 2014
Shouldn't this read:

"For Russia, Fight Fire With Fire"

??
Stefan

Sarnia, Canada

#5 Mar 16, 2014
30 years ago Ukrainian tanks were pointed at Europe. Today they are pointing towards the real enemy. The enemy of the last 500 years. The true enemy. The kremlin.
Those Russians living on Ukrainian land are free to leave and go back to Russia, its the only way to bring about reduction of tensions. Trade Russians for Ukrainians and settle this disput once and for all.
This worked in Western Ukraine when Poles and Ukrainians were allowed to leave.
American

United States

#6 Mar 16, 2014
Stefan wrote:
This worked in Western Ukraine when Poles and Ukrainians were allowed to leave.
You mean the ones that survived? LOL

Time you took your west of the Dnieper marbles and went home. You can play with them to your heart's content.

Steffie, give it a rest. Ain't no way you can pretty up that ukranazi pig of yours. Not enough lipstick in the world.
Brit Expat

Saint-jean-de-védas, France

#7 Mar 16, 2014
Dmitro Yarosh wrote:
A bit early? You're on the crack again??? LOL
John Demjanjuk

United States

#8 Mar 16, 2014
I say we round up all the anti-Maidan traitors and put them in concentration camps!
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#9 Mar 16, 2014
Barry Smart wrote:
If you are going to comment on Ukraine tell the whole story not half of it. Tell us about Victoria Nuland and her $5B, tell us about the Estonian foreign minister's discussion with Catherine Ashton...
Estonian foreign minister Paet only told on some of the rumours, with the telephone game side-effects. There was nothing definitive in his talk. But sure, every suspicion has to be investigated.
John Kerry

United States

#10 Mar 16, 2014
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
But sure, every suspicion has to be investigated.
The suspicion is absurd. We refuse to investigate it. Besides, we've already cleaned up all he evidence.
Barry Smart

#11 Mar 16, 2014
Dmitro Yarosh wrote:
You can't handle the truth Dmitro. Refute my reasoning. Bring it if you can.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#12 Mar 16, 2014
John Kerry wrote:
<quoted text>
The suspicion is absurd. We refuse to investigate it. Besides, we've already cleaned up all he evidence.
I was rather hinting at a double-agent inside job by the orders from Kremlin.
So investigations must continue.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#13 Mar 16, 2014
Barry Smart wrote:
Explain why the west refuses to recognise Ossetia and will fail to recognize Crimea while it recognizes Kosovo ex Serbia.
At least one of the difference is that in Kosovo, the former colonial troops were not present during the independence decision.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#14 Mar 16, 2014
Barry Smart wrote:
Explain why the west refuses to recognise Ossetia and will fail to recognize Crimea while it recognizes Kosovo ex Serbia.
The second difference is that Kosovo leaders are not silovikies from the power vertical of Russia. Kosovo leaders are not foreigners from abroad. The same can not be claimed of South-Ossetia, Abkhazia nor of Crimea.
Observer

Calgary, Canada

#15 Mar 16, 2014
Pro Russians wanting to join Russia should be given a one way train ticket to Russia, or face prosecution for treason in Ukraine. Russia's petro economy is broke , so good luck to those russian fleabags that go to Russia. All Ukrainian troops should mass on the borders of east and north Ukraine. Poland should get some US missiles asap. The russian- mongol hordes in Russia are getting restless and need to steal and plunder from their neighbours again as is their historic custom.
Barry Smart

#16 Mar 16, 2014
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
The second difference is that Kosovo leaders are not silovikies from the power vertical of Russia. Kosovo leaders are not foreigners from abroad. The same can not be claimed of South-Ossetia, Abkhazia nor of Crimea.
I understand what you are saying here but the people in Crimea are not foreigners squatting in someone else's territory. They have a right to self determination. Essentially they are going to be punished for going back to their roots. I think the mere thought that a country would rather be with Russia than the West cannot be tolerated. The people in Crimea will soon realize if they have got it wrong. I fear for what is happening in Ukraine and Crimea.
tarmo

Tallinn, Estonia

#17 Mar 16, 2014
Barry Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying here but the people in Crimea are not foreigners squatting in someone else's territory.
Most of them are foreigners. I know because lots of estonians also migrated to Crimea and Abkhazia during the 2nd half of the 19th century. Crimea was colonised during that period.
Barry Smart wrote:
They have a right to self determination.
That requires a long process, with international observers. None of that is happening at the moment. It is a yoke, just like 1938 in Austria or Chechoslovakia or in 1940 in the Baltics.
Barry Smart wrote:
I think the mere thought that a country would rather be with Russia than the West cannot be tolerated.
Quite the opposite, actually.
The problem is that russians cannot seem to tolerate that any region they have once conquered could become free of them.
Barry Smart wrote:
The people in Crimea will soon realize if they have got it wrong. I fear for what is happening in Ukraine and Crimea.
There is ample reason to be afraid, because the infiltrated paramilitary are some of the worst scum Russia has to offer. Soviets were not called as tiblas for nothing - it is how they introduced themselves in the Baltics in 1940.
Dmitro Yarosh

United States

#18 Mar 16, 2014
Barry Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't handle the truth Dmitro. Refute my reasoning. Bring it if you can.
Refute your reasoning? LOL You have no idea what my party stands for. We bash our reasoning into your brain. How's that for refuting?
Dmitro Yarosh

United States

#19 Mar 16, 2014
tarmo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of them are foreigners. I know because lots of estonians also migrated to Crimea and Abkhazia during the 2nd half of the 19th century. Crimea was colonised during that period.
<quoted text>
Why are you so anti-American? Next thing you'll be saying is Texas and half of the Southwest belongs to Mexicans or that Vermont belongs to French trappers.

And why so selective in your histories? Why doesn't Crimea belong to the Turks or the Greeks before them? What do Carpathians have to do with Crimea?

You're just a foolish boor with an ax to grind.
Observer

United States

#20 Mar 16, 2014
Oops....

Why are you so anti-American? Next thing you'll be saying is Texas and half of the Southwest belongs to Mexicans or that Vermont belongs to French trappers.

And why so selective in your histories? Why doesn't Crimea belong to the Turks or the Greeks before them? What do Carpathians have to do with Crimea?

You're just a foolish boor with an ax to grind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sentimental Journey Down U.S. 221 Wed Bart 2
What Georgian men want from a woman? (Jun '09) Dec 6 Erin webber 89
Ga. Vagos MC Shut down in Ga. (May '10) Dec 3 james farmer 255
News Georgia editorial roundup Nov 30 Will Dockery 1
News Trump tapping Washington, Wall Street veterans ... Nov 29 Drama King 1
Horror hills Nov 23 Someone 1
women who want to mess around with married men (Jun '09) Nov 20 James 31
More from around the web