The Episcopal Church for The 21st Cen...

The Episcopal Church for The 21st Century: The Continuing Gift of Insanity

There are 1 comment on the www.virtueonline.org story from Mar 23, 2012, titled The Episcopal Church for The 21st Century: The Continuing Gift of Insanity. In it, www.virtueonline.org reports that:

The Episcopal Church has become the personification for what my friends in AA call the definition of insanity; repeating the same behavior over and over again and expecting a different result ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.virtueonline.org.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Mar 23, 2012
from virtueonline:

"This philosophy appears to be driving the current debate on the new same sex liturgies in dioceses such as Georgia. The debate is frame worked around theological subtleties such as differences between blessing a relationship and the blessing of a marriage. This is a smokescreen. Conservatives will embrace hope their concerns are being honored while revisionists know it's simply a matter of time. It is hard to fathom anyone doubting that when same sex blessings are approved same sex marriage will soon follow. This type of obfuscation may make for good politics. The question is does it make for good Gospel?...

"So where do we go from here? Do we embrace the legal fictions that make good politics but poor Gospel? Do we wait to see how the turf war between Katherine and Bonnie turns out? Or do we continue on our current path and pray for the continued gift of insanity. It won't produce any different results but at least we can find solace in the fact that it is one thing we continually do well."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ga. debates Confederate carving set in stone an... Tue rebel111 65
Watch me CuMM 19.F Aug 21 christina45 1
My bf cheated on me 19 F Aug 20 christina45 1
News The Latest: President Obama wishes Carter well ... Aug 20 Responsibility 13
What Georgian men want from a woman? (Jun '09) Aug 18 Kemosabe 84
Ga. Vagos MC Shut down in Ga. (May '10) Aug 10 PeterbourghBob 247
News Jury selection begins in Georgia trial of Pelha... Aug 9 XTC 4
More from around the web