Proposed Law Allows Guns In Churches, Bars 1 hr ago

Full story: WSB-TV

Gun owners with permits would be allowed to carry firearms into the state Capitol and might also bring them into churches, bars and on college campuses, under legislation unveiled on Tuesday by a key Republican lawmaker.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2010

Since: Jan 09

Newnan, GA

#1 Jan 13, 2010
I think is is very odd how people, STILL after all this time, seem to think that a law controls if a person will or will NOT carry a gun.

If I am a criminal do you really think that I am worried about a law allowing or not allowing me to carry a gun on an elementary school grounds? If you do you are ignorant.
If I abide by the law and the other guy doesn't, who is at risk? Me and the innocent kids and adults.

Same point constantly brought up by those that think they can talk a bad guy down or think it is all because of the economy. Meh
ironhead

Perryville, AR

#2 Jan 13, 2010
I remember when concealed carry was legalized in my area and all of a sudden you see all these signs on doors saying concealed guns not allowed. I did'nt see anyone at any of those doors checking for weapons before entry. Now what is wrong with that picture?

Since: Jan 09

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Jan 21, 2010
ironhead wrote:
I remember when concealed carry was legalized in my area and all of a sudden you see all these signs on doors saying concealed guns not allowed. I did'nt see anyone at any of those doors checking for weapons before entry. Now what is wrong with that picture?
As a private property owner you can ASK for folks not to bring them in, but most will still do it.
It really depends on the venue asking it.
The honor system rarely works.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
goodwill sucks (Jan '10) Thu tim bennett 103
Iran plans to build oil refinery in Pakistan (Feb '13) Aug 23 KARAM BALOCH 19
After 15 years, Ga. ban on aquifer banking expires Aug 22 Dead 2
Georgia pecans a hit in China (Aug '08) Aug 10 Tom from Synergic HK 21
Activists: State should end all Confederate mem... Aug 9 NeoNazi1991 218
Ga. Vagos MC Shut down in Ga. (May '10) Aug 8 Runner 222
No One Smiling at Kool Smiles (Nov '07) Aug 4 Lori bear 210
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••