Proposed Law Allows Guns In Churches,...

Proposed Law Allows Guns In Churches, Bars 1 hr ago

There are 3 comments on the WSB-TV story from Jan 13, 2010, titled Proposed Law Allows Guns In Churches, Bars 1 hr ago. In it, WSB-TV reports that:

Gun owners with permits would be allowed to carry firearms into the state Capitol and might also bring them into churches, bars and on college campuses, under legislation unveiled on Tuesday by a key Republican lawmaker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSB-TV.

Since: Jan 09

Newnan, GA

#1 Jan 13, 2010
I think is is very odd how people, STILL after all this time, seem to think that a law controls if a person will or will NOT carry a gun.

If I am a criminal do you really think that I am worried about a law allowing or not allowing me to carry a gun on an elementary school grounds? If you do you are ignorant.
If I abide by the law and the other guy doesn't, who is at risk? Me and the innocent kids and adults.

Same point constantly brought up by those that think they can talk a bad guy down or think it is all because of the economy. Meh
ironhead

United States

#2 Jan 13, 2010
I remember when concealed carry was legalized in my area and all of a sudden you see all these signs on doors saying concealed guns not allowed. I did'nt see anyone at any of those doors checking for weapons before entry. Now what is wrong with that picture?

Since: Jan 09

United States

#3 Jan 21, 2010
ironhead wrote:
I remember when concealed carry was legalized in my area and all of a sudden you see all these signs on doors saying concealed guns not allowed. I did'nt see anyone at any of those doors checking for weapons before entry. Now what is wrong with that picture?
As a private property owner you can ASK for folks not to bring them in, but most will still do it.
It really depends on the venue asking it.
The honor system rarely works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Developer turns attention to Gainesville downto... 13 hr John Valenza 3
News Number of snake bites rising in North Georgia Mon Barry S 15
Election Palin stumps for Handel - How will you vote in ... (Aug '10) May 21 Peckerwood Sosbee 7,589
FREE ENERGY GENERATOR, Easy to do!, May 18 jabuenrostro 1
News Sons of the American Revolution honor Solomon S... (Nov '16) May 16 yidfellas v USA 5
judges daryle colson,amy hollars give kids mom ... May 14 CORRUPT 1
News With Obama gone, GOP revives Pelosi as boogeyman May 3 Mall Cop 55
More from around the web