Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#22 Jun 9, 2009
Like I said before ,I came over here because, the other post was way to seious.
I'm tired and if my ex-spouse HAD put me and his child first place in his life; I would not have had to find some business to help out by making his court ordered child support get paid.
You Guys and Belles Are Great!
Thanks for giving me a laugh and insight.
Who ever put this idea up on the board, Thank You!
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#23 Jun 9, 2009
Laundrygoddess,I have went through divorce myself.And my kids were older.I know it probable has been very tough for you.But things will get better for you eventually.Just keep on keeping on, and dont get discouraged.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#24 Jun 9, 2009
Sandra Barber Rabern wrote:
Laundrygoddess,I have went through divorce myself.And my kids were older.I know it probable has been very tough for you.But things will get better for you eventually.Just keep on keeping on, and dont get discouraged.
Thanks.
My child is at emancipation age and the company in question wont let go of the contract.
Did you see any or all of our other posts?
Like I said before, I came over to this forum ,because the headline looked like fun.
And it is. Ya'll have made me laugh so hard....
{let's just say yes,yes,yes would be happy.LOL!}
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#25 Jun 9, 2009
Yes this is a very interesting topic.A lady from Greese started this one,Because she was curious about American men.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#26 Jun 9, 2009
Yes this is a very interesting topic.A lady from Greese started this one,Because she was curious about American men.
I married an Italian.
He's not the one I'm dealing with a support company over.
He did me a favor and made me a young widow.
It always amazes me how people are not happy with what's in their own garden.{me included.LOL}
Krissy D

Saint Cloud, FL

#27 Jun 10, 2009
Laundrygoddess wrote:
<quoted text>
I married an Italian.
He's not the one I'm dealing with a support company over.
He did me a favor and made me a young widow.
It always amazes me how people are not happy with what's in their own garden.{me included.LOL}
Hm. I've wondered more than once why most Italian men are born with a big attitude.
They're off my list.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#28 Jun 10, 2009
Krissy D wrote:
<quoted text> Hm. I've wondered more than once why most Italian men are born with a big attitude.
They're off my list.
It's their mothers.
Their bubbas with an accent.
Mine was almost 20 years older than I.
He did not look it;nor did he act like it.
Mine was born in Italy.
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#29 Jun 10, 2009
My husband of 20 years, still opens the car door for me.He has a lot of southern charm,He is a Georgia gentleman,He makes me very proud because he holds the door open for older people and mothers with their arms full,Carrying children.He grew up downtown Atlanta,And was raised by a divorsed single Mother untill he was eleven when she remarried,He had a wonderfull step-Dad that he called Pop.They taught him to respect everyone.And his Grandmother helped raise him also.So he just has a very high reguard for ladies.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#31 Jun 10, 2009
My husband of 20 years, still opens the car door for me.He has a lot of southern charm,He is a Georgia gentleman,He makes me very proud because he holds the door open for older people and mothers with their arms full,Carrying children.He grew up downtown Atlanta,And was raised by a divorsed single Mother untill he was eleven when she remarried,He had a wonderfull step-Dad that he called Pop.They taught him to respect everyone.And his Grandmother helped raise him also.So he just has a very high reguard for ladies.
You just described my 19 year old son and his 10 year old brother.
Thank You , I neeeded to know that they'll continue that.
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#33 Jun 10, 2009
It sure sound like you are doing a good job of raising your boys.And you are teaching them respect.This world would be a better place if everyone would take the time to talk to their kids and grandkids about respect one for the other.Good job.
topdab

Loganville, GA

#34 Jun 11, 2009
momof3 wrote:
I am only a woman, but I will give it a shot.
I think they want natural beauty, intelligence, generosity, and a strong-minded yet gentle-voiced woman.
Sex is important to men also, even if most women don't think it is important.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#35 Jun 11, 2009
It sure sound like you are doing a good job of raising your boys.And you are teaching them respect.This world would be a better place if everyone would take the time to talk to their kids and grandkids about respect one for the other.Good job.
Who ever put up the funny and nuts judging.
This was to me. Not to any of you.
Thanks though, YOU PROVED OUR POINT.
Greenery

Madison, WI

#36 Jun 11, 2009
As a newcomer to Georgia, I would say that the men here THINK that they want a woman who embodies femininity (soft, compliant, maternal, traditional) and yet are hopelessly drawn to sirens and temptresses. Scarlet-lipped woman who speak openly and carry a psychological whip are like a drug to these men. It seems to be the lethally alluring "saint in the kitchen, slut in the bedroom" dichotomy that entrances the Georgian male. Intellectual prowess is off-putting (in my limited experience) to men here, for they seem to view it as a masculine trait. In short, the species known as "Georgian male" wants a woman to be all things...at the appropriate time. Oh...and they all want a woman "just lak ma sainted mama"
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#37 Jun 11, 2009
So I suppose all of us women are super women,Or at least that is what is expected of us.Well WE are multitaskers.And can get a dozen or so things done,While men are doing one.I think women are fully capable of getting everything done,make dinner after shopping and cleaning,And if anyone can do all this its a woman.WE are strong,We are invencible WE are super women.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#38 Jun 11, 2009
Greenery wrote:
As a newcomer to Georgia, I would say that the men here THINK that they want a woman who embodies femininity (soft, compliant, maternal, traditional) and yet are hopelessly drawn to sirens and temptresses. Scarlet-lipped woman who speak openly and carry a psychological whip are like a drug to these men. It seems to be the lethally alluring "saint in the kitchen, slut in the bedroom" dichotomy that entrances the Georgian male. Intellectual prowess is off-putting (in my limited experience) to men here, for they seem to view it as a masculine trait. In short, the species known as "Georgian male" wants a woman to be all things...at the appropriate time. Oh...and they all want a woman "just lak ma sainted mama"
Maybe while you stay in Camden county and get out more ,You WILL discover that YOU are WRONG.
And what better place to learn than THE SECOND OLDEST City in AMERICA.
Let me guess, you are there ,because of the base.
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#39 Jun 11, 2009
In defense of the Cultured Southern Women.
I'm guessing you have watched movies that make you feel this way.
Yes, we are Reese Witherspoon,Courtney Cox, Scarlett O'Hara, BUT we are also Rosa Parks,Corretta Scott King, Tullulah Bankhead,Lurlean Wallace, Rosyln Carter,Laura and Barabra Bush,Condeleezia Rice ,Hillary Clinton. We are Maya Angellu, Dolly Parton and WE are educated. We are also the women of the YaYA sisterhood and Steele Magnolias. We are authors,attorneys,doctors,prof fessors,and educators.
Southern Women are strong. In this part of the country You have to be. Swealtering humid weather,hurricanes, BOWL WEEVILS, and burning states in a war just over 150 years old.We helped bring Civil Rights to the USA, and many died helping that happen.
We have raised Presidents and Supreme Court Judges. When there is a need for soldiers OUR MEN and SONS are the FIRST to volunteer to go.
And YES, you better believe OUR MOTHERS are SAINTS! as were their mothers,and theirs before.
If you bother to learn Southern culture and History YOU will discover that it is the Southern Woman who helped shape,raise,educate,and religion this PROUD group of people .
Greenery

Madison, WI

#41 Jun 11, 2009
Laundrygoddess wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe while you stay in Camden county and get out more ,You WILL discover that YOU are WRONG.
And what better place to learn than THE SECOND OLDEST City in AMERICA.
Let me guess, you are there ,because of the base.
Nope, I'm here because I love St. Marys people, beauty and way of life. I've been here for four years and work as a writer up and down the coast. The USA is a new experience for me - and a fascinating one at that!
Laundrygoddess

Birmingham, AL

#42 Jun 11, 2009
Greenery wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I'm here because I love St. Marys people, beauty and way of life. I've been here for four years and work as a writer up and down the coast. The USA is a new experience for me - and a fascinating one at that!
~~~~~~~~~~
Then Quit complaining about us.
Greenery

Madison, WI

#43 Jun 11, 2009
Laundrygoddess wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~~
Then Quit complaining about us.
Actually...I didn't complain at all. Observations were asked for and I simply said what I thought (as others have on this forum). Whatever...I'd thought that I'd found women with humor and honesty - but apparently not.
Sandra Barber Rabern

United States

#45 Jun 11, 2009
I have only lived in this part of the country,So I really have nothing to compare our state too.There is one very important fact that I have seen in my lifetime.The women here in Ga are strong.WE are the strength that has kept this part of the world going.There are so many Mothers raising their children alone here in Ga.That has given us more power.And more respect here.Every woman I know or have known are very much in charge people,We are capable of running our own households.And WE are strong willed also.So I guess WE might not be the easiest to get allong with.But WE are loyal and true.Because our Mothers and Grandmothers were so strong.WE are not submissive women,None that I have seen here are.There are so many great qualities in us.I think a lot of men like a strong woman,But some might not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 Hall County teens struggle to care for their ... 8 hr Synque 9
News Printing co. apologizes for Georgia franchise t... 15 hr Fa-Foxy 3
News GOP Resolutions Opposing Illegal Immigration Ar... Apr 23 Cricket 23 8
News TSPLOST: One Year Later (Jul '13) Apr 22 Dread 4
News Georgia Democrat rips Congress, forces lawmaker... Apr 17 Go Blue Forever 3
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... Apr 15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Atlanta teachers to be sentenced in test cheati... Apr 15 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web