Hispanic voters are paying close atte...

Hispanic voters are paying close attention

There are 29 comments on the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Mar 7, 2012, titled Hispanic voters are paying close attention. In it, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

Voting largely along party lines, the Georgia Senate passed a bill Monday to bar illegal immigrants from attending any publicly funded college or technical institute in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
magadala

Seattle, WA

#1 Mar 7, 2012
Boy, if you pay attention to these articles, it's as though only hispanics have the political power in the US. The rest, our opinions nor vote matters.

These people are about 16% of the population. They always bluff by saying they are the fastest growing population. Who cares? As we all know, over half of them are illegal aliens. If we get good enforcement through attrition, then the percentage will reduce to 8%!!!
American Eagle

Moreno Valley, CA

#2 Mar 7, 2012
Agree with you there. This law should be required of ALL 50 states. It is unbelieveable out here in Calif. as to how much illegals (refuse to call them immigrants as they are NOT immigrants) are catered to. Believe me, if I could afford it I would be out of this State in a flash.
America is not the Same

Miami Beach, FL

#3 Mar 7, 2012
Mexican boarder states are over run with illegal Mexicans.
Th east Coast states are beginning to be over run with Middle Easterners and Iranians.
See what's happening
Free is free

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Mar 7, 2012
Who cares what these folks think?

In essence,'Latinos' are saying that their loyalty to their race is more important than their loyalty to their country and to their fellow countrymen.

That's a hell of a message to the rest of us.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 7, 2012
American Eagle wrote:
Agree with you there. This law should be required of ALL 50 states. It is unbelieveable out here in Calif. as to how much illegals (refuse to call them immigrants as they are NOT immigrants) are catered to. Believe me, if I could afford it I would be out of this State in a flash.
you can say that again,even those in office act as if citizens are the invaders and have no right to be here.
Jake123

Stamford, CT

#6 Mar 8, 2012
So hispanic voters understand that their hard earned money is going to illegal immigrants?
khuan

Cypress, TX

#7 Mar 8, 2012
The treasonous marxist demorats have kissed hispanic azz for so long that they have instilled in them a sense of entitlement that mexiholes deserve to have their azzes kissed for their votes.
Annie

Naperville, IL

#8 Mar 8, 2012
Free is free wrote:
Who cares what these folks think?
In essence,'Latinos' are saying that their loyalty to their race is more important than their loyalty to their country and to their fellow countrymen.
That's a hell of a message to the rest of us.
And they say we are racist........
Annie

Naperville, IL

#9 Mar 8, 2012
Obama 40%; Romney 38%. Take out those who will be stopped from woting w/o a photo ID and the margin of error probably swings to Romney.

The senior citizens are a faster growing block of voters than Hispanics.

This just shows they are opposed to any laws. Keep pandering to the racist Hispanics to them. I pity our children.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Mar 8, 2012
ha! hopefully they are paying attention to the washington news paper about e-verify. a few in office have been put on the spot to show they are either in support of citizens or against.
USA Citizen

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 10, 2012
It is not true that all the latinos support illegal immigration or amnesty.
Exactly

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Mar 10, 2012
USA Citizen wrote:
It is not true that all the latinos support illegal immigration or amnesty.
Most of us know that. The news media wants us to believe other wise.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#13 Mar 11, 2012
"Hispanic voters are paying close attention"

Yeah, all 7.4% of them.

"Hispanics are less likely to vote than other groups, even if citizen. In the 2008 election, only 7.4% of voters were Hispanic."

http://super-economy.blogspot.com/2010/05/his...
khuan

Cypress, TX

#14 Mar 14, 2012
Well, don't forget that the number of anchor turditos with illegal alien parents who have been raised on the demoratic welfare system designed to produce future demoratic voters is up to over 300,000 new demoratic anchor turdito voters who become old enough to vote each and every year.
Tortillas and Sugar

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Mar 14, 2012
magadala wrote:
Boy, if you pay attention to these articles, it's as though only hispanics have the political power in the US. The rest, our opinions nor vote matters.
These people are about 16% of the population. They always bluff by saying they are the fastest growing population. Who cares? As we all know, over half of them are illegal aliens. If we get good enforcement through attrition, then the percentage will reduce to 8%!!!
Don't be intimidated by the fact that your grandchildren will be speaking Spanish.
Tortillas and Sugar

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 14, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
"Hispanic voters are paying close attention"
Yeah, all 7.4% of them.
"Hispanics are less likely to vote than other groups, even if citizen. In the 2008 election, only 7.4% of voters were Hispanic."
http://super-economy.blogspot.com/2010/05/his...
Seems like your brothers & sisters have the same problem with voting yet in spite of these stereotypes the minority vote continues to be a force to be reckoned with yet the Uncle Toms of today continue to lick the feet of their masters and support laws that undermine not only black voter turnout but other minority turnouts also.

Youth and Black Voter Turnout Low

According to CBS News' national exit polls, black and youth voter turnout was low for the 2010 midterm elections. The youth vote -- 18- to 29-year-olds -- which helped catapult President Obama into office, made up an estimated 9 percent of voters this year, compared with 18 percent in 2008.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/youth-and-black-v...

Changes In States' Laws Are Being Enacted To Undermine Black-Voter Turnout In 2012
http://www.thenorthstarnews.com/Story/Changes...
Tortillas and Sugar

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Mar 14, 2012
USA Citizen wrote:
It is not true that all the latinos support illegal immigration or amnesty.
True!

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#18 Mar 15, 2012
Tortillas and Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
True!
"not all Hispanic voters support amnesty. Of Hispanic voters, 37% of Hispanics supported deporting illegal immigrants rather than fining them and than giving them a pathway to citizenship. So the pro-immigration Hispanics vote in 2008 was only 5.4% of the total vote."

http://super-economy.blogspot.com/2010/05/his...

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#19 Mar 15, 2012
Tortillas and Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like your brothers & sisters have the same problem with voting yet in spite of these stereotypes the minority vote continues to be a force to be reckoned with yet the Uncle Toms of today continue to lick the feet of their masters and support laws that undermine not only black voter turnout but other minority turnouts also.
Youth and Black Voter Turnout Low
According to CBS News' national exit polls, black and youth voter turnout was low for the 2010 midterm elections. The youth vote -- 18- to 29-year-olds -- which helped catapult President Obama into office, made up an estimated 9 percent of voters this year, compared with 18 percent in 2008.
http://www.theroot.com/buzz/youth-and-black-v...
Changes In States' Laws Are Being Enacted To Undermine Black-Voter Turnout In 2012
http://www.thenorthstarnews.com/Story/Changes...
Who votes in mid term elections?

"Hispanics are less likely to vote than other groups, even if citizen."

"According to the best source, the U.S Census, in 2008 only 4.7% of voters in 18 battleground states were Hispanic. In comparison 81% where non-Hispanic white. 12% were African American, and 1% Asian.

Let me repeat one of those figures again. Even in 2008, when minority turnout was high due to Obama being on the ticket, and white turnout was low due to McCain being on the ticket, white voters in battleground states outnumbered Hispanic voters 17 to 1!"

http://super-economy.blogspot.com/2010/05/his...
magadala

Seattle, WA

#20 Mar 15, 2012
spytheweb wrote:
"Hispanic voters are paying close attention"
Yeah, all 7.4% of them.
"Hispanics are less likely to vote than other groups, even if citizen. In the 2008 election, only 7.4% of voters were Hispanic."
http://super-economy.blogspot.com/2010/05/his...
And that's because they turned out for the obam because they thought he would give everyone amnesty within his first 100 days! lol!

He has pretty much kicked them under the bus and used them. Yes, I know, we have to stop his cherry picking of laws to enforce.

I personally am going to clog him up with a repub senate and house! I am an independent, but this is stragety if he wins!!! He is rogue!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mca sign up $40 Sun Andrea 1
News Kemp: "Murray County is my special interest group" Sat Casey Cagle is an... 1
News A sample menu for Georgia prison inmates on Fri... (Jun '09) Sat BPT 59
News Smith: Fall mountain visit leaves one pondering... Fri Donald Trump 18
News Kemp says he would sign anti-gay legislation Dec 7 Norris 8
News Deduction targeted by GOP used by tax filers in... Nov 21 Chilli J 24
News Department of Economic Development honored for ... Nov 17 jo jo whites 1
More from around the web