Pit Bulls and Pit Bull Mixes

Posted in the Georgia Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
sukidomom

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2006
Vote NO for the candidate that would ban Pit Bulls and their mixes! Governor Sonny Perdue. I have a pit bull mix, and he is the sweetest, gentlest dog I have ever owned. Because of the misunderstandings people have about this breed, we have to keep him in a pen with 6 foot walls and go inside to play with him, or else play with him thru the chain links. People need to familiarise themselves with this breed of dog. They would soon come to realize that it is the owner that is to blame for this breed's bad reputation. I was so surprised to hear that our Georgia Govenor, Sonny Perdue is considering banning this breed from our state. He has a background in vetrinary medicine, and should know more than anyone else that any breed can become aggresive if in the hands of the wrong owner. If he really wants to be fair and constructive, have the owners of the breed required to be educated on how to handle the dog, and let the punishment go to the reckless owner, not the killing or banning of the breed. Up to this point, I had considered Governor Perdue to be very smart and was planning to vote for him. Now, I will have to make a different choice. If the ban is passes into law, I will move to another state, even though I was born in Georgia and have lived here all my life! This makes me sorry for me, my dog, and my state.
Robin

Austell, GA

#2 Nov 6, 2006
sukidomom wrote:
Vote NO for the candidate that would ban Pit Bulls and their mixes! Governor Sonny Perdue. I have a pit bull mix, and he is the sweetest, gentlest dog I have ever owned. Because of the misunderstandings people have about this breed, we have to keep him in a pen with 6 foot walls and go inside to play with him, or else play with him thru the chain links. People need to familiarise themselves with this breed of dog. They would soon come to realize that it is the owner that is to blame for this breed's bad reputation. I was so surprised to hear that our Georgia Govenor, Sonny Perdue is considering banning this breed from our state. He has a background in vetrinary medicine, and should know more than anyone else that any breed can become aggresive if in the hands of the wrong owner. If he really wants to be fair and constructive, have the owners of the breed required to be educated on how to handle the dog, and let the punishment go to the reckless owner, not the killing or banning of the breed. Up to this point, I had considered Governor Perdue to be very smart and was planning to vote for him. Now, I will have to make a different choice. If the ban is passes into law, I will move to another state, even though I was born in Georgia and have lived here all my life! This makes me sorry for me, my dog, and my state.
Just don't turn your back on your "sweet" little pooch!
Tiffany

Mcdonough, GA

#3 Dec 29, 2006
People need to research pit bulls and they will learn they turn on people when they are treated bad i have one and 3 kids and they play with him all the time and he has never ever attacked or showed aggresion if you would research the breed you will learn they are breed to with stand the tail pulling the ear pulling and the rough housing kids do poodles and labs and golden retreivers are more likely to turn befor a pit bull thats because they can with stand more do your research and you will learn its proven dont ban the breed punish the owners that mistreat them.
Tiffany

Mcdonough, GA

#4 Dec 29, 2006
Robin wrote:
<quoted text>Just don't turn your back on your "sweet" little pooch!
Dont turn your back is bull. research them befor you say that they are the best dogs for children if you would do your research befor your redicalious comments on the breed you know nothing about. all you know is how there mistreated and they turn out from that its not there fault.
frontline

Hawkinsville, GA

#5 Dec 30, 2006
I have had a total of three pit bulls over the years. I never had a problem with mine. I think it is how they are raised. What should be banned is breeding pit bulls for fighting purposes. If you want a pit bull make sure the parents are not fighters or bred for fighting and the same with the puppy. As with any animal, key word animal, they are unpredictable. You can never say, "Oh my dog will not bite you", it has teeth don't it.
Pittsuck

United States

#6 Dec 31, 2006
This breed should be eradicated!!! yes, i hate those dangerous people eating dogs!!
hope

Riverside, RI

#7 Dec 31, 2006
i agree with pittsuck, those dogs can really hurt you.
Doris OReilly

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jan 2, 2007
But they are amazing lovers.
hope

Riverside, RI

#9 Jan 2, 2007
you sound sick.get help fast.
cher

Warner Robins, GA

#10 Jan 3, 2007
any dog is unpredictable.it is your responsibility to contain your animals and protect other people from those animals. different dogs require different saftey measures and any dog can be a good dog. pits are known for doing exactly what they are trained to do.
Marietta Gal

Atlanta, GA

#11 Jan 4, 2007
What is the difference between a Pit Bull and a Bull Terrier
flipper waycross Ga

Waycross, GA

#12 Jan 6, 2007
i myself own 2 pitbulls an they wouldnt ever hurt no one or any other dog.it is the way the owners handle the dogs an treat them.they are very good pets.its because of the ones who fight them that they get their bad repution an agrassiveness from!
PittBull Hater

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2007
some says its the irresponsibility of the dog's owner. I don't buy it one bit. So I guess the majority of people that own those wild beasts are just wild beasts themselves and therefore no one should be allowed to own them. You dont see bears and lions living in our homes so why should we allow pittbulls. They are evil animals and should all be put down. I will do whatever it taked to fight for the Pitt Bull Ban.
Pit bulls

AOL

#14 Feb 18, 2007
I've never known a stupid pit bull, but I've met plenty of stupid pit bull owners .. as for the dogs being evil? Comparing them to bears and lions? Please, educate yourself.
PitSupporter

Atlanta, GA

#15 Feb 19, 2007
Pit Bulls ARE some of the most loving dogs. I've been around dozens, and none of them were aggressive.
It's the owner's training and abuse towards them, or any other breed of dog, that makes them aggressive.
And this is coming from someone who has been bitten by one when I was a kid!
You need to learn what God teaches. Love all things.
North

Hotchkiss, CO

#16 Feb 19, 2007
sukidomom wrote:
Vote NO for the candidate that would ban Pit Bulls and their mixes!
I, too, have a pit bull mix, picked up as a puppy after being abandoned to die on a road. He is a wonderful, loving dog; however, we do have to keep him away from other animals. With any breed, training is important. And pit bulls are nowhere near the top for attacks on humans (I believe cocker spaniels and poodles are tops).
Bill

Washington, DC

#17 Feb 19, 2007
http://www.trivia-library.com/a/9-dog-breeds-...

I still don't like pit bulls though.

Where did the name "PIT" come from?

Wanna take a guess?

Why do the dope dealers raise and keep em?

Large snakes and "pit" bulls should NOT be allowed in this country!

Thought so..........
pits are awesome

Dallas, GA

#18 Feb 19, 2007
PittBull Hater wrote:
some says its the irresponsibility of the dog's owner. I don't buy it one bit. So I guess the majority of people that own those wild beasts are just wild beasts themselves and therefore no one should be allowed to own them. You dont see bears and lions living in our homes so why should we allow pittbulls. They are evil animals and should all be put down. I will do whatever it taked to fight for the Pitt Bull Ban.
i think that a person who is so quick to judge other animals by what they see and not research is a bias idiot. i own 4 pits and none of them are aggressive. i work at a vet clinic where each little chihuahua or cockerspaniel, or shit zhu, or any other "so called acceptable breeds" is more aggressive than the pits that do come in. i was bit in the face by a chihuahua and had seventeen stitches. if you are going to ban pits, ban all dogs because they all have the tendency to bite. how they are raised DOES play a huge part in how their temperment is. i can testify because i see it everyday. so keep your ignorant opinion out their, but it is people like you who make this country harder to live in. know your stuff before you blabber your mouth about a subject that you only here one side of the story. and if anybody wants a dog that is a model of how good a pit can act, i would be more than happy to let mine be evaluated.
Dixiedarling

Jonesboro, GA

#19 Feb 20, 2007
Why do people choose a breed that is so controversial when there are so many other choices that you could make? If a dog eats my children like the little 2 year old, I won't care about a poor misunderstood breed, I think that both owner and dog should be out down. The people down the street have 2 pit bulls and a rottweiler on a corner lot kept in by a regular size chain link fence. We are afraid to walk down the street. Is this legal? One good leap and all dogs can jump over.
PittBull Hater

United States

#20 Feb 20, 2007
pits are awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
i think that a person who is so quick to judge other animals by what they see and not research is a bias idiot. i own 4 pits and none of them are aggressive. i work at a vet clinic where each little chihuahua or cockerspaniel, or shit zhu, or any other "so called acceptable breeds" is more aggressive than the pits that do come in. i was bit in the face by a chihuahua and had seventeen stitches. if you are going to ban pits, ban all dogs because they all have the tendency to bite. how they are raised DOES play a huge part in how their temperment is. i can testify because i see it everyday. so keep your ignorant opinion out their, but it is people like you who make this country harder to live in. know your stuff before you blabber your mouth about a subject that you only here one side of the story. and if anybody wants a dog that is a model of how good a pit can act, i would be more than happy to let mine be evaluated.
Ew! Clam Down! I guess when you have a little child and it gets bit and almost dies from a stupid dog called a pitt bull then you have every reason to say whatever you want about that dog. Great your a vet, so what! I am a mother and have had bad experiences with the dogs and every person that says its the owners fault may be right, so maybe there should be a law then on who owns the pets and there should then also be a law passed that whoever owns them neeeds to put them into a special training program with the owner. I just think that if its all about the owner than there needs to be something done about who owns them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i am h0rny 19.f Dec 18 xxxbadgirlsexxx 1
Georgia hospital losing $2 million a year in mi... Dec 17 northernboy62 1
Prisoner Advocate Elaine Brown on Georgia Priso... (Mar '11) Dec 17 kelly 29
Strong business, government ties link Israel, S... Dec 15 all life matters 1
Ga. Vagos MC Shut down in Ga. (May '10) Dec 15 Shaner905 231
Family Wants To Keep Life Support For Girl Brai... (Dec '13) Dec 13 God is 5
Underage drinking costs Georgia $1 billion, but... Dec 12 peaches 1
More from around the web