Small plane crash kills five people in Georgia

There are 3 comments on the CBS News story from Feb 21, 2013, titled Small plane crash kills five people in Georgia. In it, CBS News reports that:

A small private jet carrying a surgeon and members of his clinic staff aborted its landing at a Georgia airport before it hit a 60-foot utility pole and crashed in a flaming wreck, killing five people onboard and injuring two, federal authorities said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

David leeColes

United States

#1 Feb 22, 2013
my wife is a patient of doctor Roth she just went to this his office Tuesday for treatment her veins she had 2 more procedures to be done 1 of them was scheduled for this Friday this is a tragic deaths of 2 excellent doctors the first vain guy doctor died a year or 2 ago now the last 1 has died 2 death of the vein guys this is most tragic and strange the workers that where with him we also met on Tuesday we had a relationship very close over the last month as my wife begin her treatment I've never seen anything like this before 2 great doctors die partners in the same field in the same office god bless the families of the Lost and let's pray for those who are grieving.
David leeColes

United States

#2 Feb 22, 2013
I think it's sad speaking with someone 1 day and the next day they're gone Doctor Roth was 1 of the creators of the vain guys they took away a lot of pain from many patients my wife is pain free and able to walk again because of the treatments of doctor Roth and his lovely staff they will be greatly missed let's all pray for the grieving families in this tremendous loss.
Dan Stoned

Charlotte, NC

#3 Feb 23, 2013
I am an aviation insurance adjuster and former airline Captain. It is always sad and upsetting when two pilots are involved in an accident. The Calgon Air crash in Buffalo NY was reportedly caused by using low paid inexperienced pilots that did not have enough rest which caused the pilots to make mental errors that caused the crash. Some charter companies violate the FAA pilot rest rules to save having to hire more pilots by requiring the pilot to be ON- CALL and ready to work for many hours prior to a flight and then fly after being ON CALL, up and awake for too long because the charter company can get by advertising 24/7 availability being ready to fly but not having enough pilots to comply with the required FAA rest rules. Most pilots that fly for private companies have no pilot rest requirements and can be ON CALL for 24 hours a day. The FAA pilot rest rules for charter flight pilots mandates that if a pilot is awake and ON CALL ready to take a flight at 6 AM "if called", the pilot is not allowed to fly after 8 PM, or 14 hours after being ON CALL and ready to be called to fly. Some medical pilots flying doctors are forced to fly 30 hours after the time the pilots are required to be ON CALL, which is unsafe and a violation of FAA pilot rest rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Energy expert Daniel Fine says oil price war im... 4 hr john ford jr 1
News Georgia bill requiring food stamp applicants to... (Mar '14) 7 hr lysine prior 5
News Pipeline decision expected Sat lol 14
News Memorial Day's roots traced to Georgia May 22 Will Dockery 1
News Nominees sought for veterans hall of fame May 21 Will Dockery 1
News Eight New Georgia Locations Added to Rush Truck... May 19 ghost filez 2
News Army general fined, reprimanded in sex case (Mar '14) May 17 INDICT DALSIMER 5
More from around the web