Prisoner Advocate Elaine Brown on Georgia Prison Strike

Dec 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Pan-African News Wire

Prisoner Advocate Elaine Brown on Georgia Prison Strike: "Repression Breeds Resistance" At least four prisons in Georgia remain in lockdown five days after prisoners went on strike in protest of poor living and working conditions.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mother of hays inmate

Monroe, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

i have been awaiting the day that my son will come home. He had an attenative parole date that has come and gone by almost 2 months and im still waiting. It does not matter who you call or who you speak with, Nothing gets done around there. I miss my son, his daughter has been without her father for long enough. There are guys just sitting there, that have done their time, but are all just waiting for someone to get off their butts and do some work for God's sake. DO YOUR JOB!
Mom Waiting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

mother of hays inmate wrote:
i have been awaiting the day that my son will come home. He had an attenative parole date that has come and gone by almost 2 months and im still waiting. It does not matter who you call or who you speak with, Nothing gets done around there. I miss my son, his daughter has been without her father for long enough. There are guys just sitting there, that have done their time, but are all just waiting for someone to get off their butts and do some work for God's sake. DO YOUR JOB!
I totally agree I am also waiting for my son to come home to.
Concerned Mother

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

This is to Mrs Elaine Brown. My son is in Hays State Prison. I need your assitance. My son hastried to contact his attorntey concerning his appeal for the past two years with no response. He was given over 100 years to serve on an offense. He had no prior criminal history. I have heard that the judge that sentenced him has had cases thrownout because they found out that he was doing illegal things. I am begging someone to look into his case. I do not want to put o much information in this email. Mrs Brown, I am begging for your assitance. Please contact me at email: lowe_rosa@yahoo.com. Thank you
Walt M

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2011

If you want some support while this goes on a great place to go is the forum at http://www.writeaprisoner.com/vbforum/forum.p... and if you need legal information another great place to find it is www.prisonlegalnews.org .
Concerned Worker

Waycross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2011

Praying that things get better. My boyfriend is at Hays and I'm patiently awaiting the day that he comes home. I miss him truely. I have worked in the prison system in GA and the state prison living conditions are horrible. There is a lack of food and good medical. Reguardless of the crime that they committed they are humans and deserve better. Even the working conditions are horrible. There was a higher risk of me catching something in the make-shift lab then there was at a hospital. I had to rush and draw labs (very little time to change gloves in between, not alone wash my hands), there was no hand sanitizer nor soap(they kept telling me that there was some in the supply closet). I know first had what it is like in there.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Concerned Mother wrote:
This is to Mrs Elaine Brown. My son is in Hays State Prison. I need your assitance. My son hastried to contact his attorntey concerning his appeal for the past two years with no response. He was given over 100 years to serve on an offense. He had no prior criminal history. I have heard that the judge that sentenced him has had cases thrownout because they found out that he was doing illegal things. I am begging someone to look into his case. I do not want to put o much information in this email. Mrs Brown, I am begging for your assitance. Please contact me at email: lowe_rosa@yahoo.com. Thank you
You forgot to mention what crime your little boy was convicted of, why not tell us the whole story of what, when, and where? Until you do you will receive no sympathy from us unless it is from a racist black.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Concerned Worker wrote:
Praying that things get better. My boyfriend is at Hays and I'm patiently awaiting the day that he comes home. I miss him truely. I have worked in the prison system in GA and the state prison living conditions are horrible. There is a lack of food and good medical. Reguardless of the crime that they committed they are humans and deserve better. Even the working conditions are horrible. There was a higher risk of me catching something in the make-shift lab then there was at a hospital. I had to rush and draw labs (very little time to change gloves in between, not alone wash my hands), there was no hand sanitizer nor soap(they kept telling me that there was some in the supply closet). I know first had what it is like in there.
Your boyfriend made his choice to go to jail just like you made the decision to love a criminal thug. I appreciate you informing everyone how tough life is in a Georgia jail, maybe you shall prevent another person from committing a crime like your boyfriend did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

Concerned Mother wrote:
Are you paying for your son's attorney or is your son? Maybe you should get another attorney. Do not depend on the free attorneys provided by the government (obama) they are like most government employees, not concerned about providing good service. Maybe you advise your son to be a man and do his time and come out a better person rather than the worthless criminal thug you raised to commit crimes against good citizens in Georgia. I await your response.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

mother of hays inmate wrote:
Maybe your son is not worthy of parole. Would you elaborate on the crimes he committed to be sent to prison?
Concerned Worker

Waycross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boyfriend made his choice to go to jail just like you made the decision to love a criminal thug. I appreciate you informing everyone how tough life is in a Georgia jail, maybe you shall prevent another person from committing a crime like your boyfriend did.
Let's get some facts straight, he didn't commit the crime. The judge would even tell you that he didn't commit the crime but he wanted to make an example out of him. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now he is serving time for something he didn't do, but because he was at the place the time the crime went down he was charged also. Not making an excuse for him because I had asked him not to leave that day when it happened. Things happen for a reason. I'm pretty sure you have a love one and know someone that's in prison. It's statements like this that gets under people's skin, but what can we say, we live in a society where the "people" believe in "freedom of speech" until it affects them. People are so easy to judge and put down something or someone, until it happens to them.
Concerned Worker

Waycross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2011

Judged:

lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you paying for your son's attorney or is your son? Maybe you should get another attorney. Do not depend on the free attorneys provided by the government (obama) they are like most government employees, not concerned about providing good service. Maybe you advise your son to be a man and do his time and come out a better person rather than the worthless criminal thug you raised to commit crimes against good citizens in Georgia. I await your response.
The government has been giving 'free' attorneys since before Obama was elected into office. I take it that you are a so called good citizen of Georgia. A citizen who thinks that every person who wears urban clothing is a thug or has tattoos is a killer. You are the neighbor that lives next door that sees wrong in everybody but your self. You are the so called God fearing good Georgia citizen that cast judgement on everyone (even tho the Bible says not to) and think that your better than everyone else. Your the citizen that thinks every black is racist, lazy, no good people that want to munch off of the government. Or that every hispanic is illegal taking all of the tax payers money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2011

Judged:

Concerned Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
The government has been giving 'free' attorneys since before Obama was elected into office. I take it that you are a so called good citizen of Georgia. A citizen who thinks that every person who wears urban clothing is a thug or has tattoos is a killer. You are the neighbor that lives next door that sees wrong in everybody but your self. You are the so called God fearing good Georgia citizen that cast judgement on everyone (even tho the Bible says not to) and think that your better than everyone else. Your the citizen that thinks every black is racist, lazy, no good people that want to munch off of the government. Or that every hispanic is illegal taking all of the tax payers money.
You assume a great deal about me with out knowing anything about my character, but you want others not to assume anything about your boyfriend. You ask us to believe your boyfriend is innocent even though a judge/jury says he is guilty. With someone as biased as you, I prefer to believe the judge. You may not believe I have the ability to judge, but again the legal system in Georgia says I do, it even pays me to sit in judgment over others. The judicial system takes precedence over your obviously racist opinions. In my duty as a juror if I used racist thinking as you do more non-guilty would be found guilty and I only seek justice when I am serving in a court, and would never use your enumerated malfeasance when seeking the truth about someone. I find only shallow logic in your highly opinionated post. When you get a "free" lawyer, you are getting what you pay for.
Ellen Brown

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

I love my boyfriend who is being housed at Hays State Prison with a Life without Parole sentence. He has an attorney who had recommended the Ga Public Defender's Council to try his other case. If one case is dropped his sentence will change. This has been going on for one year. I want to know why they can put him in segregation and not let me know when he will get to go back into population? He was put in segregation after he talked to his attorney via a 3 way call. I need to get my man some help here.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Ellen Brown wrote:
I love my boyfriend who is being housed at Hays State Prison with a Life without Parole sentence. He has an attorney who had recommended the Ga Public Defender's Council to try his other case. If one case is dropped his sentence will change. This has been going on for one year. I want to know why they can put him in segregation and not let me know when he will get to go back into population? He was put in segregation after he talked to his attorney via a 3 way call. I need to get my man some help here.
Live without parole means he is in Hays for murder. How do you think the family of the person he murdered feels? If he only received life without parole for murder, he is lucky. Many in Georgia believe he should have gotten the death penalty for killing someone. Did he receive "free" legal service or did he pay for his own lawyer's services? Your best help for him might be to send him a love letter.
Reaeanir Dugger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
Reaeanir Dugger="Concerned Assault with a deadly waeapon victim" I was assaulted with a hammer repeatedly in the head with a hammer, raped, stabbed in the chest twice, robbed and left to die in my home by my ex-boyfriend who is serving time in Telfair Prison and i do not have any remorse for him. I personally think that anyone who is in prison or jail deserve to be in their because they all had a choice and they chose to be in prison. Hands down for me because some of them are getting pay back for all the cruel things that they have done and now want to be treated like they are at home or something. I personally pray that my ex never get out. I pray each and every night to receive word that he has been beaten or worse in prison because he left me in the very home that i have to continue to live in every day and look at the stained carpet where all the blood was. My life will never be the same. No sympathy from this young lady. Sorry..He only have to serve ten years and now i am disabled for the rest of my life because of the injuries when i could be working as a LPN. My career is over because of him so i feel like i went to college for nothing. I pray that someone reads my story because i was not even allowed to face this person and tell my side of the story. My voice was left unheard by the system. Now how you think that make me feel as a citizen of the United States of America?
Concerned Dugger Victim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

Judged:

"Concerned Assault with a deadly weapon victim" I was assaulted with a hammer repeatedly in the head with a hammer, raped, stabbed in the chest twice, robbed, and left to die in my own home by my ex-boyfriend who is serving time in Telfaiir Prison and i do not have any remorse for him. I personally think that anyone who is in prison or jail deserve to be there because they had a choice and they chose to be in prison or jail. Hands down for me because some of them are geting payback for all the cruel things that they have done and now want to be treated like they are home or something. I personally pray that my ex never get out. I pray every night that to one day receive a call saying that he has been beaten like he did me or something worse. He left me in the very home that i have to live in every day and look at the stained carpet and sleep on the same bed where he left me to die. My life will never be the same. No sympathy from this young lady. Sorry...He only have to serve ten years and now i am disabled for the rest of my life because of my injuries when i could be working as an LPN. My carear is over because of him so i feel like i went to college for nothing. I pray that one day i might can forgive him but i will never forget January 28,2009. I pray that my story is read by many because i was not even allowed to face this man in court ot tell my side of the story. My voice was left unheard by the system so why do he or others in prison feel as if they are owed something. Now how do you think that makes me feel as a citizen of the United States of America?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

Concerned Dugger Victim wrote:
"Concerned Assault with a deadly weapon victim" I was assaulted with a hammer repeatedly in the head with a hammer, raped, stabbed in the chest twice, robbed, and left to die in my own home by my ex-boyfriend who is serving time in Telfaiir Prison and i do not have any remorse for him. I personally think that anyone who is in prison or jail deserve to be there because they had a choice and they chose to be in prison or jail. Hands down for me because some of them are geting payback for all the cruel things that they have done and now want to be treated like they are home or something. I personally pray that my ex never get out. I pray every night that to one day receive a call saying that he has been beaten like he did me or something worse. He left me in the very home that i have to live in every day and look at the stained carpet and sleep on the same bed where he left me to die. My life will never be the same. No sympathy from this young lady. Sorry...He only have to serve ten years and now i am disabled for the rest of my life because of my injuries when i could be working as an LPN. My carear is over because of him so i feel like i went to college for nothing. I pray that one day i might can forgive him but i will never forget January 28,2009. I pray that my story is read by many because i was not even allowed to face this man in court ot tell my side of the story. My voice was left unheard by the system so why do he or others in prison feel as if they are owed something. Now how do you think that makes me feel as a citizen of the United States of America?
I am so sorry for your condition this POS is responisble. The world needs more nurses and less thugs, maybe some thug will take care of him before he is allowed to return to society for a repeat performance.
Amanda

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

My brother is in Hays He was moved there from Macon after he had a stab-out with another inmate he lost a lung was hospitalized and never once did the facility contact the family he is serving a 80 year sentence he was sentenced at age 18 he was arrested 7 days before his 18th birthday He didnt kill anyone he didnt rape anyone he didnt molest anyone so I think 80 years is not a fair sentence but its like once you in thats just where you are.Your nothing but a number to them people now so what do you do in this situation? Appeal was DENIED is there a chance ever again at life?? It is things like what he is going through that make prisoners fight and kill others because they dont care about living anymore they feel that once there behind them walls that life will continue on the way it is so they do what they got to do to maintain life behind walls and i understand the system is F*** up but in the end there will only be one real JUDGE and it wont be the one that gave that sentence
Amanda

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your condition this POS is responisble. The world needs more nurses and less thugs, maybe some thug will take care of him before he is allowed to return to society for a repeat performance.
not everyone is guilty these people just pick 12 random people in the streets and put there life in there life Hell no that aint right some people do deserve to be there but not everyone

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Amanda wrote:
My brother is in Hays He was moved there from Macon after he had a stab-out with another inmate he lost a lung was hospitalized and never once did the facility contact the family he is serving a 80 year sentence he was sentenced at age 18 he was arrested 7 days before his 18th birthday He didnt kill anyone he didnt rape anyone he didnt molest anyone so I think 80 years is not a fair sentence but its like once you in thats just where you are.Your nothing but a number to them people now so what do you do in this situation? Appeal was DENIED is there a chance ever again at life?? It is things like what he is going through that make prisoners fight and kill others because they dont care about living anymore they feel that once there behind them walls that life will continue on the way it is so they do what they got to do to maintain life behind walls and i understand the system is F*** up but in the end there will only be one real JUDGE and it wont be the one that gave that sentence
What was he convicted for?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••