Saxby Chambliss Defeats Jim Martin in Georgia Senate Runoff

Dec 3, 2008 | Posted by: findingDulcinea_KED | Full story: www.findingdulcinea.com

Democrats will not get a filibuster-proof Senate, as Republican incumbent Saxby Chambliss won a runoff Tuesday that drew far fewer voters than the general election.

Comments
1 - 20 of 202 Comments Last updated Oct 31, 2012
First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Tom

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

5

4

2

Even as a lifelong Dem, I am almost relieved we did not get the 60 seats... a little debate and resistance is healthy for debate.
moo cow

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

According to this picture, Saxby has enormous hands.
Janet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Congrats, Saxby.
Immaculata Chiquita

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 3, 2008
 
moo cow wrote:
According to this picture, Saxby has enormous hands.
You know what they say about men with big hands...

They often need big gloves.
Anne

Boyds, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

This is the same man who demonized his opponent, Max Cleland, in his previous election bid by impugning Cleland's patriotism. Cleland fought in Vietnam and lost 3 of his limbs in combat.
ricky ticky

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Anne wrote:
This is the same man who demonized his opponent, Max Cleland, in his previous election bid by impugning Cleland's patriotism. Cleland fought in Vietnam and lost 3 of his limbs in combat.
show me some evidence
Anne

Boyds, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ricky ticky wrote:
<quoted text>
show me some evidence
All you have to do is google information pertaining to the 2002 Georgiacontest between Cleland, who was the incumbent at the time, and Chambliss.By all accounts, Chambliss won by engaging in a smear campaign against Cleland, who is a triple amputee. Don't just take my word for it.

“Heinous Blasphemer!”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Tom wrote:
Even as a lifelong Dem, I am almost relieved we did not get the 60 seats... a little debate and resistance is healthy for debate.
I agree.I gave money to support a variety of issues and candidates this year but I refused to support the DSCC. Debate is necessary.
ricky ticky

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 3, 2008
 
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to do is google information pertaining to the 2002 Georgiacontest between Cleland, who was the incumbent at the time, and Chambliss.By all accounts, Chambliss won by engaging in a smear campaign against Cleland, who is a triple amputee. Don't just take my word for it.
mmmmm yes was Cleland the guy that got blown up by an American grenade, dropped by an American soldier?

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

7

5

2

The great victory of Saxon Chambliss proves that the American people are scared from the new regime of the messiah Barack Hussein Obama and do not want to give the unpredicted radical Marxist and anarchist Barack free hand in converting America to a third world poor Marxist country with Islamic terrorists from Gitmo roaming freely in the American cities.
Thank you Chambliss for saving America from the drunken sailor rule of US Congress by the clueless liberal losers under Obama, Pelosi, Hillary and Reid.
ricky ticky

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

mmmmmm wa sthis the same Cleland who voted AGAINST homeland security measures?????
buddy guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 3, 2008
 
Debate is not the same thing as filibuster, Buster.
ricky ticky

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

mmmmmmmm was this the same Cleland who voted for the Iraq war ONLY BECAUSE AND I QUOTE

"it was obvious that if I voted against the resolution that I would be dead meat in the race, just handing them in a victory."

So he voted to preserve his seat than vote his concience??

“Heinous Blasphemer!”

Since: Oct 07

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jones wrote:
The great victory of Saxon Chambliss proves that the American people are scared from the new regime of the messiah Barack Hussein Obama and do not want to give the unpredicted radical Marxist and anarchist Barack free hand in converting America to a third world poor Marxist country with Islamic terrorists from Gitmo roaming freely in the American cities.
Thank you Chambliss for saving America from the drunken sailor rule of US Congress by the clueless liberal losers under Obama, Pelosi, Hillary and Reid.
Wow. Do you think with that brain or do you prefer it shoved up your a$$?

Isn't it hard to breathe?
Just the Facts

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

Guess this threw a wrench in the Pelosi and reid plan.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ha ha try reading why dont ya...is that too hard? go to youtube and watch the commercial this republicunt draft dodger ran to impugn a war hero
ricky ticky wrote:
<quoted text>
show me some evidence
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

this would be the cleland that fought in the war that the draft dodger you voted for couldnt be bothered with....why do republicunts hate our soldiers so much?
ricky ticky wrote:
mmmmmmmm was this the same Cleland who voted for the Iraq war ONLY BECAUSE AND I QUOTE
"it was obvious that if I voted against the resolution that I would be dead meat in the race, just handing them in a victory."
So he voted to preserve his seat than vote his concience??

Since: Oct 08

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Thank GOD we've won this very important sit.

NANCY PELOSI AND OBAMA BELONG IN JAIL

SAN FRANCISCO IS A JUNK-CITY AND CHICAGO IS A CRIME CITY.
Just Sayin

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

People, please. Chambliss won. He's GEORGIA'S senator, representing the PEOPLE of GEORGIA. It doesn't matter what people's opinions are, GEORGIA voted for the candidate they felt would best represent them...not the entire country. I honestly believe the democrats are pissed because they don't have free reign, but they'll get over it. They ran GEORGIA into the ground and we took it back from them. The bad mouthing usually comes from those who are upset that under Republican rule in this great state, GEORGIA has prospered and we are acquiring more and more industries (like auto manufacturers who aren't strangled to death by labor unions).
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

2

so you hate him because he fought in the war and you respect chambliss the draft dodger
ricky ticky wrote:
<quoted text>
mmmmm yes was Cleland the guy that got blown up by an American grenade, dropped by an American soldier?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••