Immigrants Struggle To Understand Law

Immigrants Struggle To Understand Law

There are 222 comments on the GPB.org story from Jun 13, 2011, titled Immigrants Struggle To Understand Law. In it, GPB.org reports that:

Some immigrants are fleeing Georgia out of fear of the new immigration law. But Latino groups say some may not fully understand the law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GPB.org.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Hello

Powder Springs, GA

#1 Jun 15, 2011
GOOD!!!

Since: Feb 11

Chicago, IL

#2 Jun 15, 2011
That is no different than them not understanding english, hell the law will be written in english and too bad! If you don't understand, stay then they will be deported with the hordes of anchor babies, sorry no love loss here! Good bye, adios, Te veo despues, hasta la vista.
The Out Law Josey Wales

Menifee, CA

#3 Jun 16, 2011
Don't kid yourselves,they sure as hell knew when they came here, they were breaking the law. Don't buy into the old "I'm a poor mexican only wanting to work." Time to get out, the jig is up. Don't forget all your wives,girlfriends,kids,husband s.Any relative I forgot to mention also.
kellincali

Sanger, CA

#4 Jun 20, 2011
The Out Law Josey Wales wrote:
Don't kid yourselves,they sure as hell knew when they came here, they were breaking the law. Don't buy into the old "I'm a poor mexican only wanting to work." Time to get out, the jig is up. Don't forget all your wives,girlfriends,kids,husband s.Any relative I forgot to mention also.
x-actly
Mr Fluffy

Watsontown, PA

#5 Jun 20, 2011
They understand the system to get the welfare checks.
GA native

Athens, GA

#6 Jun 30, 2011
I think the law is already in place which makes these people illegal. Its not that we hate these people who are here to work but that they came to the United States illegally. Why do we need more law's to make it even more illegal that what our current law is? Recently, they have suspended the recent GA law allowing police officers from checking immigration status which is crazy. Our police are perfect for enforcing immigration and they could use the extra work for the police department and stop giving us tickets...
someone

Calhoun, GA

#7 Jun 30, 2011
what is their not to understand...Illegal is illegal..If I were caught speeding...could I claim some sort of bias and not get a ticket? Everyone should follow the law not just americans.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Jul 1, 2011
That's a plus for GA.
Free is free

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Jul 1, 2011
Oh, suddenly 'immigrants'(aka: Illegal Aliens) care about the law. Uh huh.

So, here's the gist of it: GTFO.
Get Rid of Illegals

Calhoun, GA

#10 Jul 2, 2011
Yay! Go away. Please boycott going to Walmart too.. it would be nice not to hear your monkey language on every aisle. And your bratty children that don't know how to be good.

Go back to your country and NEVER come back.!!
Paul Revere

Ormond Beach, FL

#11 Jul 2, 2011
Mr Fluffy wrote:
The Mexican Consulate will advise/educate them.
Paul Revere

Ormond Beach, FL

#12 Jul 2, 2011
Mr Fluffy wrote:
Funny how the gov't will go after businesses that hire illegals, yet social services, a gov't entity will reward them with assistance?

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#13 Jul 3, 2011
They are illiterate, so why is this any surprise?

Since: Jan 11

El Paso, TX

#14 Jul 3, 2011
Maybe they can't read Spanish. Give me a break!
someone

Calhoun, GA

#15 Jul 3, 2011
what is there to understand? Have your LEGAL papers on you like we have to do in your country and every other country in the world!
LMAO

De Soto, KS

#16 Jul 3, 2011
Just that they're leaving is the point!
TATER

Chatsworth, GA

#17 Jul 3, 2011
BYE BYE Mexicans
farmer

Wiggins, CO

#18 Jul 3, 2011
Paul Revere wrote:
<quoted text> Funny how the gov't will go after businesses that hire illegals, yet social services, a gov't entity will reward them with assistance?
The government let them wander into the country, now they want businesses to send them home to their drug corrupt countries(caused by our insatiable demand) Guess what Arizona and Georgia, they're not goin south, they're headed north.
Safe and Sane

Biggs, CA

#19 Jul 3, 2011
GA native wrote:
I think the law is already in place which makes these people illegal. Its not that we hate these people who are here to work but that they came to the United States illegally. Why do we need more law's to make it even more illegal that what our current law is? Recently, they have suspended the recent GA law allowing police officers from checking immigration status which is crazy. Our police are perfect for enforcing immigration and they could use the extra work for the police department and stop giving us tickets...
So later on down the road we can make more laws to back up the new unenforced laws we are making today.

Since: Dec 09

Mililani, HI

#20 Jul 3, 2011
You are all missing one huge point:

Even if they are made "legal" they are coming in too numerous a quantity. You will still end up having your state become Mexico! Legal or illegal you will still in the end be surrounded by Mexicans and Mexican culture. And you and your culture/language, etc, will be pushed to the side or banned outright.

People qualify their stance by saying they're for LEGAL immigration but against ILLEGAL entry. Fine. Just know that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH WAY THEY DO IT...they are NOT assimilating!! Legal OR illegal, they want to transform the U.S. into a Third World spanish speaking country where Euro-Americans(you and me) are marginalized and not allowed to speak out about it. We're handing our country to them a a platter.

ALL IMMIGRATION has to be halted...not just the illegal entries. Get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morning brief: Dems hope for an upset in Georgi... Apr 24 Redneck West Virg... 7
Hank Johnson Apr 24 Redneck West Virg... 1
Singer Cuba Gooding Sr. was found dead Thursday... Apr 21 Newsroom_LA 1
Election Palin stumps for Handel - How will you vote in ... (Aug '10) Apr 20 Victor Hugo fan 7,585
News Democrat leads early returns in Georgia congres... Apr 20 Joe 3
News Georgia election now a two-candidate runoff Apr 19 coyote505 2
Trump and GOP pass bill most Americans disagree... Apr 18 GFL 1
More from around the web