Antietam: A Savage Day In American History

Sep 17, 2012 Full story: www.wgbhnews.org
23,000 men killed or wounded

Between two farm fields in Sharpsburg, Md., there was a sunken road, which Confederates used as a rifle pit until they were overrun by the Federals and slaughtered.

On this morning 150 years ago, Union and Confederate troops clashed at the crossroads town of Sharpsburg, Md. The Battle of Antietam remains the bloodiest single day in American history.

Full Story
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Kinda make Pres. Lincoln a War Criminal,like LOONS and that Nitwit Tu Tu ,makes Pres. Bush out to be.....Numbers aside...Whats a few thousands of kids killed...one bloody day 23,000 of kids....and until today not even a thank you from many black Racists!

That Dam war was the worst in History...could have destroyed the USA!.Today we got a Black President,who still uses the RACE card...Somethings never change!...This after being elected by White people......

"what fools we mortals be"
ima hoosier

Itasca, IL

#2 Oct 22, 2012
speaking of the civil war; you people in georgia should be so very proud of your state and the citizens efforts to secure sumpter(andersonville). i have been to many places in the u.s. but never have i been so proud of my home state (INDIANA) for putting up the monument in honor of the dead. it really did make me want to learn more about the civil war and i would encourage everyone to go and to see this monumental place where so many dead will be forever young.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ga. Vagos MC Shut down in Ga. (May '10) 1 hr 22 Member 224
Georgia's top elections official targets group ... Tue Mr oH 7
Hinesville, georgia worst place to live in america (Oct '06) Sep 13 Visitor 380
Ga. NAACP challenges Secretary of State Brian K... Sep 13 UTB 1
Michelle Obama stumps for Nunn in Ga. Senate race Sep 10 General Robert E Lee 10
say no to common core Sep 8 sheepnomore 1
No One Smiling at Kool Smiles (Nov '07) Sep 2 Domiso 211
•••

Georgia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••