Column by Dick Yarbrough: We the unwashed don't find lobby reform - silly'

Jul 10, 2012 Full story: Catoosa County News

Everyone seems comfortable with the relationship between lawmakers and lizard-loafered lobbyists except We the Unwashed.

Full Story
hilltop woman

Middleton, WI

#1 Jul 12, 2012
I think most people believe that our elected officials should be answerable to us and not the gift giving, special interest lobbyests who are paid well to coerce them.
Skeenah Man

United States

#2 Jul 13, 2012
I think lobbying is nothing more than bribery and should be punishable with jail time and heavy fines just like any other form of theft
Blue Ridge City Voter

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Jul 13, 2012
I think that the $100.00 cap is in order, and is a reasonable amount of money. The fact that we are 50th in this country regarding ethics alone, is enough to garner serious attention. Our paternal leaders naking unilateral statements that this is not needed is the very issue, not mrerely a concern. When election time rolls around(now for early voting); one should make their decisions based on the facts, numbers do not lie.
genie

Canon, GA

#4 Aug 7, 2012
That $100.00 cap can be $100.00 per day, per lobbyist per legislator It can add up fast IF they even pass it. Lobbyists gave our legislators $866,747.00 in the 2012 session. David Ralston received one of the largest amounts given legislators.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guide: Highlights of Georgia elections Nov '14 Mykro 6
Gubernatorial candidates get support from natio... Nov '14 Ace McMillan 1
Georgia's top court reinstates ban on gay marri... (Jul '06) Oct '14 LouBricano 1,458
Ga. electorate shrinks; fewer new voters are white Oct '14 WeTheSheeple 28
This week in the war on voting: Colorado's mail... Oct '14 Ace Smith 4
Legal action -- and mass voter confusion -- loo... Oct '14 barefoot2626 11
Perdue the better choice for Georgia in Washington Oct '14 bottlecap 1
More from around the web