Bill proposes massive overhaul to Geo...

Bill proposes massive overhaul to Georgia gun laws

There are 4 comments on the Free Republic story from Feb 17, 2012, titled Bill proposes massive overhaul to Georgia gun laws. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Georgians would be allowed to carry concealed weapons in bars, public schools, most government buildings, college campuses and other locations under a sweeping gun bill filed in the House.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Since: Jul 09

Loganville, GA

#1 Feb 20, 2012
Why do this? Tech and GSU has enough problems .Now I got to wonder what fool at school is vigilante in disguise. I get the point ,(wannabe) thugs are robbing college students,(which a paradox in itself), robbing a student.
I really think Georgia needs to focus on educating these knuckle head or make sentences for the offence harsher, for instance if 18 automatic draft for 10 years. He wants to be all bad, send him to war; either way tax dollar has to provide for the funding.( and yes, there is flaws with this,but man it could cut down on some offences)
General Robert E Lee

Dallas, GA

#2 Feb 26, 2012
The best preventative measure, is deterrent. Any crime committed with a firearm, goes down as attempted murder.

Why should the rights of the responsible majority, be stripped because of the actions of the criminal minority?
News Skeptic

Glen Rose, TX

#3 Feb 26, 2012
The Kennesaw, Georgia ordinance requiring households keep a firearm with ammunition, has been a very effective crime deterrent for 29 years now.

http://defensiveshootinginstructors.com/2011/...
Ron McClellan

Lanett, AL

#4 Feb 29, 2012
naph wrote:
Why do this? Tech and GSU has enough problems .Now I got to wonder what fool at school is vigilante in disguise. I get the point ,(wannabe) thugs are robbing college students,(which a paradox in itself), robbing a student.
I really think Georgia needs to focus on educating these knuckle head or make sentences for the offence harsher, for instance if 18 automatic draft for 10 years. He wants to be all bad, send him to war; either way tax dollar has to provide for the funding.( and yes, there is flaws with this,but man it could cut down on some offences)
Well Naph, if you walk around wondering about who is a "vigilante in disguise" ...your thoughts might better be redirected to "who might be a mass murderer in disguise." Yes, there are some HUGE flaws in your line of thinking. Actually, your opinion is pretty much "one big flaw"

And the "harsher sentences" doesn't do much good, since that comes "after the fact" and most scumbags either think they won't get caught, or in the event of sociopaths, don't really care.

And loading up the military with criminals with no respect for authority? Not a real good idea. Did you think AT ALL before you dreamed up that post?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Georgia race, Republicans battle as Democrat... Apr 14 One Womyn Riot 5
News GOP, Dems intensify Georgia special election fight Apr 14 One Womyn Riot 3
News Senate panels advance Trump's picks for labor, ... Mar 31 anonymous 1
News Advocates ask senators to reject sex assault he... Mar '17 Spotted Girl 7
News Slavery apology waits; Senate panel pushes Conf... (Mar '07) Mar '17 ThomasA 14
Judge "Bucky "Woods (Aug '08) Mar '17 CrookedCircuitFor... 27
News KKK group seeks Adopt-A-Highway OK (Jun '12) Mar '17 willis Frazier 329
More from around the web