Nathan was a great friend and help to...

Nathan was a great friend and help to me as I served with him in the legislature. He loved our st...

There are 6 comments on the Cedartown Standard Plus story from Jun 8, 2013, titled Nathan was a great friend and help to me as I served with him in the legislature. He loved our st.... In it, Cedartown Standard Plus reports that:

Former State Senator Nathan Dean, age 79 of Rockmart passed away Saturday morning, June 8, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cedartown Standard Plus.

Mack Garner - Class of 52

Loma Linda, CA

#1 Jun 10, 2013
My dear childhood friend, across the street on Wingfoot in Rockmart, Whom I always knew as "Clodhopper" but later grew to respect and love him as a great Senator and Leader in the State of Georgia. Our prayers are with his dear wife Ann and all the family there in Georgia. May God Bless you during this difficult time.
Loma Linda, California

Cedartown, GA

#2 Jun 10, 2013
Nathan's smiling face will be missed in our community.
RIP Nathan.

Cedartown, GA

#3 Jun 10, 2013
Nathan loved Polk county and it's citizens. Everything he did was for the betterment of his district. He will truly be missed, may he RIP.

Cedartown, GA

#4 Jun 11, 2013
I never saw Nathan Dean without a smile on his face, a hand extended to greet you, and always an invite to join him in church. There will never be another like him that's for sure.

Cedartown, GA

#5 Jun 11, 2013
I tried to "not" like him after the flag vote but failed.I am glad to call him friend and am glad I told him that I loved him while his mind was still good.I hope the best for Ann and family.

Cedartown, GA

#6 Jun 11, 2013
Politicians will come and go, but there will never be another one like Nathan. He truly cared and loved his town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ga. debates Confederate carving set in stone an... Sep '15 rebel111 65
News The Latest: President Obama wishes Carter well ... Aug '15 Responsibility 13
News KKK fights to 'adopt' a highway in Georgia Jul '15 James uk 4
News Despite Advances, the Trans Struggle for Justic... Jul '15 Miss Id 1
News Representative Tom Graves Seeks To End Sanctuar... Jul '15 DRX 2
News No One Smiling at Kool Smiles (Nov '07) Jul '15 Anonymous 212
News Could South Carolina Confederate flag vote brin... Jul '15 rebel111 7
More from around the web