Former mayor Mickey Thompson to seek ...

Former mayor Mickey Thompson to seek new District 66 House seat

There are 10 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from Jan 12, 2012, titled Former mayor Mickey Thompson to seek new District 66 House seat. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

Former Douglasville Mayor Mickey Thompson has announced his candidacy for the newly created Georgia House of Representatives District 66 seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

Joan

Douglasville, GA

#1 Jan 15, 2012
Thompson Will NOT get my Vote,
In 2009 Thompson was the Mayor Of Douglasville,
also in 2009 the City of Douglasville layed off
a few ( Very few) employees ,and gave the reason
for lay offs as Lack of Funds. one of the employees
who was Layed off was off work on his sick pay
time under going treatment at the Georgia Cancer
Treatment Center, Thompson was made aware of the
employees illness and the employees despirate
need to Keep his medical insurance,this employee
had been with the city many years with an excelent
employment record,Thompson did nothing to stop or even delay the mans lay off, The man was layed off and his medical insurance was cut off,I dont believe the state of Georgia needs Thompson for any public office.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Jan 16, 2012
I wouldn't vote for Mickey Thompson on a bet. Ugh. Good riddance as Mayor of Dougasville. Now House of Representatives???? NOT A CHANCE!
Joe Yule Jr

Lithia Springs, GA

#4 Jan 16, 2012
Joan wrote:
Thompson Will NOT get my Vote,
In 2009 Thompson was the Mayor Of Douglasville,
also in 2009 the City of Douglasville layed off
a few ( Very few) employees ,and gave the reason
for lay offs as Lack of Funds. one of the employees
who was Layed off was off work on his sick pay
time under going treatment at the Georgia Cancer
Treatment Center, Thompson was made aware of the
employees illness and the employees despirate
need to Keep his medical insurance,this employee
had been with the city many years with an excelent
employment record,Thompson did nothing to stop or even delay the mans lay off, The man was layed off and his medical insurance was cut off,I dont believe the state of Georgia needs Thompson for any public office.
That's a great argument for universal healthcare.
JRS

Douglasville, GA

#5 Jan 16, 2012
This is about the Coldest treatment of an employee
by an employer that I hsve ever read about. I believe its Past Time to combine County and City Goverment, if we really need to cut cost that would do it, and I believe there is No Way the County would treat any employee as the city did.
I dont believe the county would Purchase Land
OUT SIDE the county to Build a County Park,
WASTE-WASTE-WASTE, of my Tax Money.
TOO MANY CHIEFS , AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS.
veledran

Fayetteville, GA

#6 Jan 16, 2012
I never cared for how he tried to set up roadblocks between the city and the county. We don't need politicians who refuse to work together.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 16, 2012
What about the other candidates? How do they stack up?
Thomas

Douglasville, GA

#8 Jan 16, 2012
I Agree with JRS, we need to some way get the matter of combineing both goverments, back on our voteing ballot ,and eliminate the city goverment, Vote to allow the county to run the show,our sheriff department could provide public saftey in the city also,they probley already do most of the real law enforcement in the city any way ,and that alone would probley save us tax payers one million dollars a year,that would be money that could be put to a better use.
penny

Douglasville, GA

#9 Jan 16, 2012
Thomas your not even close on the budget for that department, budget for 2011, three million eight hundred thousand, you need to do your home work thomas, its all public record.

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#10 Jan 16, 2012
Combining county and city governments? I don't see it happening. The way it is now there are plenty of slots for folks to fill who want power. There is no way they would go for deleting a few slots. No way....
Ilovegeorgia

Douglasville, GA

#12 Mar 8, 2012
Well, I am voting for Mike Miller for State House Representitive District 66. He is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and a Constitutional Republican. He grew up in Douglas County and has been an out-standing resident, contributing to the community in many ways.(please visit votemikemiller.org ) His concern for education, job growth and the things that matter in our everyday lives, Mike Miller- Georgia House of Representitives- District. 66.
Mike Miller is an absolutely wise choice for State House Representitive District 66.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Georgia Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US Capitol's Confederate statues prompt renewed... 19 hr Cat74 124
News 'Failed to Be Honest' Calls grow for probe of C... Jun 30 Cat74 12
News ADP to Create 1,000 Jobs in Augusta (Oct '06) Jun 3 The Man 57
News Pipeline decision expected May '15 lol 16
News GOP Resolutions Opposing Illegal Immigration Ar... Apr '15 Cricket 23 8
News Prison time for some Atlanta school educators i... Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Atlanta teachers to be sentenced in test cheati... Apr '15 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web