Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

Mar 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York Daily News

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Comments
27,081 - 27,100 of 29,902 Comments Last updated Wednesday Jul 16

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>The Explorer was on it's side genius, there are these things called doors which must be opened and then held open while the driver and passengers carefully crawl out, if they're able, and then find their way down to the ground.
FYI Zimmerman is about as tall as an Explorer is wide, the exercise required a bit of effort and he probably got dirty.
Been on this thread forever....but, it's beginning to die, i think.....Too bad, it was good, while it lasted, eh?....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

ABC News’ Robin Roberts Secures Interview With Another Zimmerman Juror
By Alex Weprin on July 25, 2013 10:56 AM

Another juror in the George Zimmerman trial is stepping forward for an interview, and this time her identity will not be hidden by shadows.

ABC News “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts interviewed juror B29 (her name is “Maddy) today, in a well-lit studio (see the photo to the left).“Maddy” was the only minority juror in the Zimmerman trial.

The new interview is in stark contrast to CNN anchor Anderson Cooper‘s interview of juror B37, whose identity was hidden in darkness earlier this month. Juror B37 also hastily announced and subsequently canceled a book about the trial.

Portions of “Maddy”‘s interview will air tonight on “ABC World news with Diane Sawyer” and on “Nightline,” with the full interview airing on “GMA” tomorrow morning.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/abc-news-...

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to be the one to tell you Einstein but - Bill Maher is a comedian he has never ever claimed to be anything other than that!
Does not change the fact he is a hate filled bigot who loves spreading his bigotry and Obama took 1 million dollars from him.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Been on this thread forever....but, it's beginning to die, i think.....Too bad, it was good, while it lasted, eh?....
19 months devoted to racially sensationalized propaganda and nothing to show for it. GZ was acquitted and the prophesied violent mass rioting blew over like a whiff of smoke.......

What a big waste, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
19 months devoted to racially sensationalized propaganda and nothing to show for it. GZ was acquitted and the prophesied violent mass rioting blew over like a whiff of smoke.......
What a big waste, eh?
Thank God, the Royal baby, George came along, just in time....lol....

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing the point. The Daily Mail does not disclose who they got the story from. It was not authorities because the original story quotes "an unidentified driver". It was not Gerstle because he refused to talk to the media, and it certainly wasn't George Zimmerman.
Someone obviously responded to the Daily Mail's ask for an anonymous......the Gerstle involvement essentially put an end to it. Through O'Mara's mouth they thanked GZ, you can all go home now....we don't want the blowback from toxic chemicals to taint us.
But use your head! Two adults, two children involved in a highway roll-over crash do not walk away from the scene.....they'd at least be taken to hospital for observation of internal injuries. There's obviously more to this story than meets the eye because it does not make sense.
As you may recall from your going on three year day and night stint on the Casey thread, Florida is a Sunshine Law state, just about anyone could have discovered who the driver-owner of the vehicle was.

The vehicle was turning onto a highway approach at a slow rate of speed and slipped off the pavement into a rut and gently tipping on it's side.

Aside from lousy driving their mistake was letting O'Mara talk them into holding a press conference.

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Thank God, the Royal baby, George came along, just in time....lol....
Anthony Weiner is out scoring the royal baby on cable news.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony Weiner is out scoring the royal baby on cable news.
It's a sign of the end of civilization, as we know it....lol....A brilliant politician, with a bit of kink.....
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Thank God, the Royal baby, George came along, just in time....lol....
It's more exciting that the City of Prince George, BC has the opportunity to capitalize on the name.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>Anthony Weiner is out scoring the royal baby on cable news.
I noticed that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Juror B-29, the Hispanic lady has been interviewed by ABC's Robyn Roberts, to soon to be broadcast piece is said to be quite interesting.

Also, the name of the deputy who investigated the roadside crash that Zimmerman assisted has supposedly found it's way to the internet along with his facebook page. He's said to be a huge fan of George and also a 2nd amendment freak.

Oh, and the story about the baby in Georgia who was shot in the face by two black teens is back in the news. Georgia's sunshine laws are much different than Florida's, the facts take a while to develop.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Saved by Zimmerman: The Gerstle family of Dana (left) and Mark (right) stand with their children in a October 2011 photo snapped at a Disney World Halloween party
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/22/art...

NASA sells use of its logo for Halloween parties at Disney World, is that right?
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
Also, the name of the deputy who investigated the roadside crash that Zimmerman assisted has supposedly found it's way to the internet along with his facebook page. He's said to be a huge fan of George and also a 2nd amendment freak.
Sure, the Spokesperson for the Seminole Sheriff's Office gave no details about the roll-over other than George Zimmerman and other man were involved in the rescue of an unidentified family of four, so why not an unofficial Facebook page to fill in the blanks. We believe everything we read on Facebook!

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, the Spokesperson for the Seminole Sheriff's Office gave no details about the roll-over other than George Zimmerman and other man were involved in the rescue of an unidentified family of four, so why not an unofficial Facebook page to fill in the blanks. We believe everything we read on Facebook!
The word "supposedly" is not in your repertoire?

Patrick Rehder is "said to be" the deputy who responded. He is also "said to be" a huge fan of Zimmerman and a gun nut who's 100 plus facebook friends are likewise.

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and as a wild guess on my part, perhaps the 52 year old pharmacists employer took him aside and asked the age old question "are you out of your freakin mind?"

“always”

Ticklaw

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It's a sign of the end of civilization, as we know it....lol....A brilliant politician, with a bit of kink.....
A bit is proving to be an understatement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>As you may recall from your going on three year day and night stint on the Casey thread, Florida is a Sunshine Law state, just about anyone could have discovered who the driver-owner of the vehicle was.
The vehicle was turning onto a highway approach at a slow rate of speed and slipped off the pavement into a rut and gently tipping on it's side.
Aside from lousy driving their mistake was letting O'Mara talk them into holding a press conference.
Nothing about this story makes sense.

O'Mara, being a lawyer, would know that revealing their names publically would be counter-productive to remaining anonymous, as was the original version of this story.

The "other by-standers" have not come forward, either. Nor has "the other dude" mentioned in all versions of this "story".

Zimmerman, and this "other dude", mentioned in the original "story", were not listed in the police report. Accident investigations 101, always list the names of people on scene for insurance purposes and for potential future lawsuits.

Where are all these other people, who had Zimmerman been the hero, who would love nothing better than getting their names out there for their own 15 minutes of fame.

Zimmerman, "in such great fear for his life", would not under any circumstances, stop at the scene of an accident, if he was in so much fear for his life.

This story doesn't pass the smell test and I stand by that statement.

As to the "victims", there is something not kosher about this, too. Considering their names are available; considering the media has camped out in front of their house; considering Mark O'Mara publically named them.......the neat little version of "they don't want to talk because they fear they will be vilified for naming Zimmerman as a hero", doesn't pass the smell test either.

And lastly, SUV's don't just "gently roll over" because they hit a "rut in the road". There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story. Given the outrage demonstrated towards reporters in the video in front of Mr. Gerstle's home, one can't help but remember a similar video in 2008, on Hopespring Dr. of an angry George Anthony.

It all adds up to something funky going on.......who in their right mind would target this family if they did hold a press conference to describe the accident and Zimmerman's alleged subsequent arrival on scene?

(And one other thing....when I first viewed the pix of Mr. Gerstle, something about that man looked vaguely familiar, but maybe that was just my observation).

kentuckywoman

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing about this story makes sense.
O'Mara, being a lawyer, would know that revealing their names publically would be counter-productive to remaining anonymous, as was the original version of this story.
The "other by-standers" have not come forward, either. Nor has "the other dude" mentioned in all versions of this "story".
Zimmerman, and this "other dude", mentioned in the original "story", were not listed in the police report. Accident investigations 101, always list the names of people on scene for insurance purposes and for potential future lawsuits.
Where are all these other people, who had Zimmerman been the hero, who would love nothing better than getting their names out there for their own 15 minutes of fame.
Zimmerman, "in such great fear for his life", would not under any circumstances, stop at the scene of an accident, if he was in so much fear for his life.
This story doesn't pass the smell test and I stand by that statement.
As to the "victims", there is something not kosher about this, too. Considering their names are available; considering the media has camped out in front of their house; considering Mark O'Mara publically named them.......the neat little version of "they don't want to talk because they fear they will be vilified for naming Zimmerman as a hero", doesn't pass the smell test either.
And lastly, SUV's don't just "gently roll over" because they hit a "rut in the road". There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story. Given the outrage demonstrated towards reporters in the video in front of Mr. Gerstle's home, one can't help but remember a similar video in 2008, on Hopespring Dr. of an angry George Anthony.
It all adds up to something funky going on.......who in their right mind would target this family if they did hold a press conference to describe the accident and Zimmerman's alleged subsequent arrival on scene?
(And one other thing....when I first viewed the pix of Mr. Gerstle, something about that man looked vaguely familiar, but maybe that was just my observation).
"There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story."

A clever bit of marketing, perhaps?

“BIOMOM”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Trollcrap alert! Don hazmat suits. A troll posing as her royal Odiousness tos, has left it's droppings on the forum floor. Take immediate necessary personal precautions! Where is my gas mask....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

kentuckywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story."
A clever bit of marketing, perhaps?
Perhaps.

But there is so much more to this story, imo.

My first thought when this story broke,(before I started questioning its validity) was outrage that I shop in that area and if this self-admitted killer with a gun is roaming around that part of town, I'll never go back there to shop again. That area is a huge shopping district...from numerous car dealerships, to The Seminole Mall, to Sam's Club, Walmart, and numerous other shopping icons as well as restaurants...two of which (Giovanni's and Outback) were used to supply meals to the jurors.

That area is also close to The Retreat at Twin Lakes.

It is also close to, surprise, surprise, the hotel where the jurors were sequestered!

And considering that GZ and wife, and GZ's parents, all lived in the Sanford/Lake Mary area, and because GZ's parents "have been forced to stay in a hotel" (according to the interview on ABC), it makes one wonder.

Now with the newest interview of juror B29 coming out, and her statement that:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-jur...

(snip) "George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy said. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

(snip)"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said.

(snip) "That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

Sorry to go off topic, but based upon all of the above, I say it's beyond time someone investigates frank T. as to how he KNEW ahead of the verdict that the jury was split 5-1!

PS> On a personal note, Giovanni's makes the best pizza this side of NY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••