Call for arrest of watch captain who ...

Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 29872 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#31860 Jul 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>It's a sign of the end of civilization, as we know it....lol....A brilliant politician, with a bit of kink.....
A bit is proving to be an understatement.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#31861 Jul 25, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>As you may recall from your going on three year day and night stint on the Casey thread, Florida is a Sunshine Law state, just about anyone could have discovered who the driver-owner of the vehicle was.
The vehicle was turning onto a highway approach at a slow rate of speed and slipped off the pavement into a rut and gently tipping on it's side.
Aside from lousy driving their mistake was letting O'Mara talk them into holding a press conference.
Nothing about this story makes sense.

O'Mara, being a lawyer, would know that revealing their names publically would be counter-productive to remaining anonymous, as was the original version of this story.

The "other by-standers" have not come forward, either. Nor has "the other dude" mentioned in all versions of this "story".

Zimmerman, and this "other dude", mentioned in the original "story", were not listed in the police report. Accident investigations 101, always list the names of people on scene for insurance purposes and for potential future lawsuits.

Where are all these other people, who had Zimmerman been the hero, who would love nothing better than getting their names out there for their own 15 minutes of fame.

Zimmerman, "in such great fear for his life", would not under any circumstances, stop at the scene of an accident, if he was in so much fear for his life.

This story doesn't pass the smell test and I stand by that statement.

As to the "victims", there is something not kosher about this, too. Considering their names are available; considering the media has camped out in front of their house; considering Mark O'Mara publically named them.......the neat little version of "they don't want to talk because they fear they will be vilified for naming Zimmerman as a hero", doesn't pass the smell test either.

And lastly, SUV's don't just "gently roll over" because they hit a "rut in the road". There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story. Given the outrage demonstrated towards reporters in the video in front of Mr. Gerstle's home, one can't help but remember a similar video in 2008, on Hopespring Dr. of an angry George Anthony.

It all adds up to something funky going on.......who in their right mind would target this family if they did hold a press conference to describe the accident and Zimmerman's alleged subsequent arrival on scene?

(And one other thing....when I first viewed the pix of Mr. Gerstle, something about that man looked vaguely familiar, but maybe that was just my observation).

kentuckywoman

Newport, KY

#31862 Jul 25, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Mara, being a lawyer, would know that revealing their names publically would be counter-productive to remaining anonymous, as was the original version of this story.
The "other by-standers" have not come forward, either. Nor has "the other dude" mentioned in all versions of this "story".
Zimmerman, and this "other dude", mentioned in the original "story", were not listed in the police report. Accident investigations 101, always list the names of people on scene for insurance purposes and for potential future lawsuits.
Where are all these other people, who had Zimmerman been the hero, who would love nothing better than getting their names out there for their own 15 minutes of fame.
Zimmerman, "in such great fear for his life", would not under any circumstances, stop at the scene of an accident, if he was in so much fear for his life.
As to the "victims", there is something not kosher about this, too. Considering their names are available; considering the media has camped out in front of their house; considering Mark O'Mara publically named them.......the neat little version of "they don't want to talk because they fear they will be vilified for naming Zimmerman as a hero", doesn't pass the smell test either.
And lastly, SUV's don't just "gently roll over" because they hit a "rut in the road". There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story. Given the outrage demonstrated towards reporters in the video in front of Mr. Gerstle's home, one can't help but remember a similar video in 2008, on Hopespring Dr. of an angry George Anthony.
It all adds up to something funky going on.......who in their right mind would target this family if they did hold a press conference to describe the accident and Zimmerman's alleged subsequent arrival on scene?
(And one other thing....when I first viewed the pix of Mr. Gerstle, something about that man looked vaguely familiar, but maybe that was just my observation).
"There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story."

A clever bit of marketing, perhaps?

“BIOMOM”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#31864 Jul 25, 2013
Trollcrap alert! Don hazmat suits. A troll posing as her royal Odiousness tos, has left it's droppings on the forum floor. Take immediate necessary personal precautions! Where is my gas mask....

Location hidden

#31866 Jul 25, 2013
kentuckywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is something fishy about this entire, made for TV, story."
A clever bit of marketing, perhaps?
Perhaps.

But there is so much more to this story, imo.

My first thought when this story broke,(before I started questioning its validity) was outrage that I shop in that area and if this self-admitted killer with a gun is roaming around that part of town, I'll never go back there to shop again. That area is a huge shopping district...from numerous car dealerships, to The Seminole Mall, to Sam's Club, Walmart, and numerous other shopping icons as well as restaurants...two of which (Giovanni's and Outback) were used to supply meals to the jurors.

That area is also close to The Retreat at Twin Lakes.

It is also close to, surprise, surprise, the hotel where the jurors were sequestered!

And considering that GZ and wife, and GZ's parents, all lived in the Sanford/Lake Mary area, and because GZ's parents "have been forced to stay in a hotel" (according to the interview on ABC), it makes one wonder.

Now with the newest interview of juror B29 coming out, and her statement that:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-jur...

(snip) "George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy said. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."

(snip)"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said.

(snip) "That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."

Sorry to go off topic, but based upon all of the above, I say it's beyond time someone investigates frank T. as to how he KNEW ahead of the verdict that the jury was split 5-1!

PS> On a personal note, Giovanni's makes the best pizza this side of NY!

Location hidden

#31867 Jul 25, 2013
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the loonie ngrace smelling again. Are ThugTray supporters in their right minds?? No, they're nutcases like YOU. Oh, and the guy who was pictured as "Mr. Gerstle"??? Jesse Grund in a wrinkled bodysuit. Wackos!
Call me whatever names that fit your agenda, but having an analytical thought processing mind goes far when mulling life's hidden mysteries in every situation.

Especially for a parent.

At least for a parent willing to get to the truth of the matter.

Much as Tracy Martin and Sabrina Fulton were trying to do for their child.

And I think they did a fine job of getting the truth out there, in spite of the State's sham prosecution of the facts of the case.

Now kindly leave me alone 'cause, just like in the Casey case. "I ain't going nowhere".

“always”

Ticklaw

#31868 Jul 25, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with some of your post however the local FOX affiliate featured video of the exact spot where the driver lost control of the SUV and if you saw it you would know exactly where the gentle rollover occurred and why. The rut was right alongside the pavement and deep enough to cause havoc with any SUV. If you know where Giovanni's is, you know where the minor accident occurred and that it was within sight of a fire hall.

I'm not up for a debate, but it was a low speed single vehicle accident that caused the SUV to roll on it's side causing no injuries to it's occupants. As opposed to a fiery interstate crash with hero's coming to the rescue.

George lent a hand in getting the family out of their vehicle, good for him, it doesn't absolve him from his previous mistakes in life.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31869 Jul 25, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps.
But there is so much more to this story, imo.
My first thought when this story broke,(before I started questioning its validity) was outrage that I shop in that area and if this self-admitted killer with a gun is roaming around that part of town, I'll never go back there to shop again. That area is a huge shopping district...from numerous car dealerships, to The Seminole Mall, to Sam's Club, Walmart, and numerous other shopping icons as well as restaurants...two of which (Giovanni's and Outback) were used to supply meals to the jurors.
That area is also close to The Retreat at Twin Lakes.
It is also close to, surprise, surprise, the hotel where the jurors were sequestered!

I have seen a great many diversions from posters on this thread BUT have to admit Pzza is a new one- Could it be that you once proclaimed you 'think like a defense lawyer'
And considering that GZ and wife, and GZ's parents, all lived in the Sanford/Lake Mary area, and because GZ's parents "have been forced to stay in a hotel" (according to the interview on ABC), it makes one wonder.
Now with the newest interview of juror B29 coming out, and her statement that:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-jur...
(snip) "George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can't get away from God. And at the end of the day, he's going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with," Maddy said. "[But] the law couldn't prove it."
(snip)"I was the juror that was going to give them the hung jury. I fought to the end," she said.
(snip) "That's where I felt confused, where if a person kills someone, then you get charged for it," Maddy said. "But as the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can't say he's guilty."
Sorry to go off topic, but based upon all of the above, I say it's beyond time someone investigates frank T. as to how he KNEW ahead of the verdict that the jury was split 5-1!

LMAO Muchly.. Since you admit to being OT you needs be aware that you may be told by Top Mod to set up your own Pizza thread.

LOL kinda like you and the Jodi comments EH ???
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31871 Jul 25, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Call me whatever names that fit your agenda, but having an analytical thought processing mind goes far when mulling life's hidden mysteries in every situation.
Especially for a parent.
And I think they did a fine job of getting the truth out there, in spite of the State's sham prosecution of the facts of the case.
Now kindly leave me alone 'cause, just like in the Casey case. "I ain't going nowhere".
ng= "but having an analytical thought processing mind goes far when mulling life's hidden mysteries in every situation"
Careful Darlin- next thing ya know your other BF Rambler will accuse you of being a member of Scientology.

“always”

Ticklaw

#31873 Jul 25, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO Muchly.. Since you admit to being OT you needs be aware that you may be told by Top Mod to set up your own Pizza thread.
LOL kinda like you and the Jodi comments EH ???
LOL, the owners of Giovanni's on Rinehart Road own a few more strip center pizza joints around Central Florida. Nothing special IMO but it's interesting that the Giovanni's being discussed is just down the road from the 7-11 where Trayvon purchased his "pink lean" products and began the long hike back to The Retreat at Twin Lakes to cook him and little bubba up a batch. ROFLMAO. I guess he already had a supply of cough syrup stashed away at the Green
hideout err residence.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#31874 Jul 25, 2013
ngrace wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially for a parent.
What's it like, just to keep blatting on and on, wallowing in DENIAL? Trial proved, Trayvon the thug.....$80 for a stolen handgun?...REALLY????
Moe the toe

Tallmadge, OH

#31879 Jul 25, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
Juror B-29, the Hispanic lady has been interviewed by ABC's Robyn Roberts, to soon to be broadcast piece is said to be quite interesting.
Also, the name of the deputy who investigated the roadside crash that Zimmerman assisted has supposedly found it's way to the internet along with his facebook page. He's said to be a huge fan of George and also a 2nd amendment freak.
Oh, and the story about the baby in Georgia who was shot in the face by two black teens is back in the news. Georgia's sunshine laws are much different than Florida's, the facts take a while to develop.
For Juror B-29 to have any credibility we need to know if she is a "White" Hispanic first. That alone changes the entire dialog.
GLOOMY DAYS

Los Angeles, CA

#31880 Jul 25, 2013
OH Gawd! Thankfully GZ was NOT in the area when this incident occured..For sure he would be accused of staging a suicide scenario...
'A 19-year-old driver who crashed into a utility pole in Valley Village has been ordered to stand trial for manslaughter in the deaths of two women who tried to come to his aid, only to be electrocuted by downed power lines.'

Arman Samsonian of Glendale slammed his sport utility vehicle into a light pole and nearby fire hydrant last Aug. 22. After the violent crash, two women ran toward the SUV to render aid, officials said.

Both of the would-be rescuers, Irma Zamora and Stacey Schreiber, were killed instantly when they stepped into a pool of water that had been electrified by 4,800 volts from the fallen power line.

Six others were injured when they also made contact with the water and were shocked.

On Wednesday, a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge ruled that there was enough evidence for Samsonian to be tried on two felony counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.
TOO BRILLIANT

Los Angeles, CA

#31881 Jul 25, 2013
YIKES! Where be everyone? Did I say something to offend them ???
Well Hush ma mouth and call me 'too brilliant' to succumb to the drunken rabid posts from UNOHU

Since: Apr 09

Inland Empire

#31882 Jul 25, 2013
GLOOMY DAYS wrote:
OH Gawd! Thankfully GZ was NOT in the area when this incident occured..For sure he would be accused of staging a suicide scenario...
'A 19-year-old driver who crashed into a utility pole in Valley Village has been ordered to stand trial for manslaughter in the deaths of two women who tried to come to his aid, only to be electrocuted by downed power lines.'
Arman Samsonian of Glendale slammed his sport utility vehicle into a light pole and nearby fire hydrant last Aug. 22. After the violent crash, two women ran toward the SUV to render aid, officials said.
Both of the would-be rescuers, Irma Zamora and Stacey Schreiber, were killed instantly when they stepped into a pool of water that had been electrified by 4,800 volts from the fallen power line.
Six others were injured when they also made contact with the water and were shocked.
On Wednesday, a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge ruled that there was enough evidence for Samsonian to be tried on two felony counts of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence.
OMG this is sad for both him and the women. If only he was Lucky enough to have a retired judge as a dad.

“always”

Ticklaw

#31883 Jul 25, 2013
Moe the toe wrote:
<quoted text>For Juror B-29 to have any credibility we need to know if she is a "White" Hispanic first. That alone changes the entire dialog.
She's a bit more Salma Hayak looking than Penelope Cruz who technically is not Hispanic but Caucasian. Let's just say that she's a pretty girl and in that regard should be taken very seriously.

Having only lived in Central Florida for several months and not really giving a sht about news or current events also made her "a perfect fit" for the Zimmerman jury.
TOO BRILLIANT

Los Angeles, CA

#31884 Jul 25, 2013
TY MUCHLY !I sure do enjoy your many Spam donations.
Hubba dips them in batter then uses them as a center piece in his Yorkshire Puddy along with ya lemons as a side dish.

Muchly Hugs !

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31885 Jul 25, 2013
Moe the toe wrote:
<quoted text>For Juror B-29 to have any credibility we need to know if she is a "White" Hispanic first. That alone changes the entire dialog.
She looks white to me. Why does it matter?

I never understood people on here making so much of Zimmerman's bloodline.
TOO BRILLIANT

Los Angeles, CA

#31886 Jul 25, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
She looks white to me. Why does it matter?
I never understood people on here making so much of Zimmerman's bloodline.
PSSHAW! Were it NOT to matter to you- Then why on earth would you persist in commenting about the death of Tray?

Had he been yet another 8 yr old victim of the Muslim Cult Boston Killers would you still be posting on here ????

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#31888 Jul 25, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
Also, the name of the deputy who investigated the roadside crash that Zimmerman assisted has supposedly found it's way to the internet along with his facebook page. He's said to be a huge fan of George and also a 2nd amendment freak.
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, the Spokesperson for the Seminole Sheriff's Office gave no details about the roll-over other than George Zimmerman and other man were involved in the rescue of an unidentified family of four, so why not an unofficial Facebook page to fill in the blanks. We believe everything we read on Facebook!
Up to your usual tricks, rewording a post to fit your agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poll: Trump now in play for general election 3 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 185
News Solar power push heads back to court 4 hr Solarman 1
News 'Anchor baby' fight scrambles Republican field 5 hr Learn to Read 309
News Remnants of Erika: South Florida remains under ... 8 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Jeb Bush loses top fundraisers due to 'personal... 8 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Tropical Storm Erika Aug 29 Cuba King 1
News Trump: Blacks 'worse than just about ever' beca... Aug 28 I am me 506
More from around the web