What the 2012 election taught us

What the 2012 election taught us

There are 10313 comments on the The Washington Post story from Nov 6, 2012, titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

lol

Farmington, MO

#4757 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Lifeline phone service program with Reagan, when it actually began in 1996 under a law signed by Clinton.

You should get your facts straight
The addition of cell phones was under bush.. As cells are typically what the ignorant refer to as Obama phones, that's what I was addressing..
lol

Farmington, MO

#4758 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Lifeline phone service program with Reagan, when it actually began in 1996 under a law signed by Clinton.

You should get your facts straight
Which of my facts was wrong? I you look at my first post on the subject, you will see that I understand the process was started under Reagan..

Or do you just read little parts that you can then bash out of context?
lol

Farmington, MO

#4759 Dec 4, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>The addition of cell phones was under bush.. As cells are typically what the ignorant refer to as Obama phones, that's what I was addressing..
Sorry, Clinton authorized the first cells and bush expanded it to cover more of them..
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#4760 Dec 4, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Clinton authorized the first cells and bush expanded it to cover more of them..
There ya go. That was all I was alluding to

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4761 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Lifeline is a government benefit program supported by the federal Universal Service Fund. All telecommunications carriers must pay into the fund, and many do so by tacking on a fee to each of their customersí bills. Itís probably added into your monthly wireless bill and your landline bill, if you still have one.
So in essence everyone who has a cellphone and is paying for it, contributes to the fund to supply cell service to those who use this program.
And taxpayers who choose not to have a phone.......?

So it is a system supported by phone users and it was expanded by President bush to include Cell Phones.

I also find it interesting that everyone wants the unemployed to work but no REpublicans want to help pay for communications that help them search for jobs, coordinate interviews or even be called in to work. Only working people should have those things......right?

Since: Jul 12

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4762 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go. That was all I was alluding to
So Reagan the conservative started the socialist program and bush the Republican expanded it?

Is that what you are saying?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4763 Dec 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Even if POTUS was riding in a cessna owned by the Air force it would be air force one.
Again, I know this.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#4764 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
Telecommunications Act of 1996: Consumers in all regions of the Nation, including low-income consumers and those in rural, insular, and high cost areas, should have access to telecommunications and information services, including interexchange services and advanced telecommunications and information services, that are reasonably comparable to those services provided in urban areas and that are available at rates that are reasonably comparable to rates charged for similar services in urban area.Ö
Universal service is an evolving level of telecommunications services that the Commission shall establish periodically under this section, taking into account advances in telecommunications and information technologies and services.
yet up here in NE Minnesota, we still don't have cell phone service or landlines...

Kinda nice and quiet up here!
hahahahahaha

Carmel, IN

#4765 Dec 4, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>All you got to do is look at Detroit.
A prime example of how unions will cause the demise of factory work. Govt interference is clearly not the answer either. Let them fail and let the market dictate what consumers want so long as the unions are illegal. They are nothing more than racketeers who can snake around the law via the corrupt lib party.
hahahahahaha

Carmel, IN

#4766 Dec 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet up here in NE Minnesota, we still don't have cell phone service or landlines...
Kinda nice and quiet up here!
Hmmmm, and yet you get cable or satellite in the backwoods? Seems odd.
hahahahahaha

Carmel, IN

#4767 Dec 4, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to do with Obama.
Might as well call it the Reagan phone, or Bush phone. Bush is the one who enabled cellular phones on the program.
And it's funded through fees on phone users, not the general taxpayers. If we're going to call every fee, a "tax", that's going to open up republicans to being the biggest tax increasers in history.
Guess calling someone else stupid makes you feel better, but it doesn't make you right.
Call it what you want but it's federal dollars which has been stolen from the hardworking folks who don't want to give free phones to lazy sloths. This is a federally funded program and one oscumma massages more than his weewah.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#4768 Dec 4, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet up here in NE Minnesota, we still don't have cell phone service or landlines...
Kinda nice and quiet up here!
Satellite internet?
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#4769 Dec 4, 2012
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
voted Obama hey? You are the true sheep
I feel sorry for you.
Merry Christmas, and Good luck wit dat Obama economy ....LOL
LOL, I see you try really hard at being wrong all the time. I did not vote for Obama. He is too much like bush. He caves to the GOP on almost every issue. I was appalled with Boehner provided his list of demands to keep the economy afloat, ending SS and medicare were the top of the list. I expect Obama to cave and end those programs. Obama should have changed his political affiliation to republican before the election.

I suspect what happened is that since the GOP so thoroughly destroyed our economy and the rule of law that they thought they would not easily be re-elected. So they pushed the democratic party to put Obama in place because they knew they could control him to give them everything they wanted. They only reason Diebold and ES&S didn't throw the election to Romney is because they wanted to continue to blame the bad economy on the democrats.
lol

Farmington, MO

#4770 Dec 4, 2012
hahahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>Call it what you want but it's federal dollars which has been stolen from the hardworking folks who don't want to give free phones to lazy sloths. This is a federally funded program and one oscumma massages more than his weewah.
Nope, wrong on just about every account. Good spew though.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4771 Dec 4, 2012
tony1003 wrote:
<quoted text>News for you, VP's plane is called Air Force 2 - as a Brit, even I know that. Suggest you google it if you don't believe me.

Nice to see a balanced assessment of your President: the frightening part is you are loopy enough to believe it. Georgetown, Guyana has a place for you.
I am then proven correct!!!

I knew I was right all along!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4772 Dec 4, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing to do with Obama.

Might as well call it the Reagan phone, or Bush phone. Bush is the one who enabled cellular phones on the program.

And it's funded through fees on phone users, not the general taxpayers. If we're going to call every fee, a "tax", that's going to open up republicans to being the biggest tax increasers in history.

Guess calling someone else stupid makes you feel better, but it doesn't make you right.
Obama increased the phone give aways over 100%, and call it OBAMA'S phone program!!!

So it is a waste of money!!!

Stealing from small businesses to give away to your ghetto friensd that soon will break into your house to steal what you have and which they "deserve"!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4773 Dec 4, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously, like her, don't understand the program, or where it came from.
To give $20 to a ghetto trash like you to protest a Romney campaign is not hard to understand from a liberal trash like you guys!!!

We, Republicans, do no fall that low!!! We never interrupted Obama's teleprompter!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4774 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Lifeline is a government benefit program supported by the federal Universal Service Fund. All telecommunications carriers must pay into the fund, and many do so by tacking on a fee to each of their customers’ bills. It’s probably added into your monthly wireless bill and your landline bill, if you still have one.

So in essence everyone who has a cellphone and is paying for it, contributes to the fund to supply cell service to those who use this program.
And less money on people's pocket to spend on what they want.

Money goes to the government to decide how to spend it.

Why do liberals want the government controlling their life and money? Why?

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4775 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>Lifeline phone service program actually began in 1996 under a law signed by Clinton
Liberals blame everything on Bush, that is why they are ALWAYS wrong!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#4776 Dec 4, 2012
Aphelion wrote:
Telecommunications Act of 1996: Consumers in all regions of the Nation, including low-income consumers and those in rural, insular, and high cost areas, should have access to telecommunications and information services, including interexchange services and advanced telecommunications and information services, that are reasonably comparable to those services provided in urban areas and that are available at rates that are reasonably comparable to rates charged for similar services in urban area.¬Ö

Universal service is an evolving level of telecommunications services that the Commission shall establish periodically under this section, taking into account advances in telecommunications and information technologies and services.
It is not fair that ghetto liberals do not have a cell phone, a car, two plasma TVs and three X-Boxes!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist white cops are the present kkk 8 hr Greg 4
Mayor David Mayer will NOT allow Fios in Glouce... 8 hr Watchdog 1
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) Thu Kimberlyrenee62 151
Gay skype (May '16) Thu horniest_boy1 16
News Ku Klux Klan is still alive and well in Florida (Aug '08) Wed guest 380
Mayor David Mayer raises highest property taxes... Tue Pam 1
News Donald Trump's lawyers seek to undercut Mueller... Jul 24 The FACTory 85
More from around the web