Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues

Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues

There are 6619 comments on the Newsday.com story from Jul 14, 2006, titled Bankruptcy drama for Jay Black continues. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

First they wanted to take his name and the name of his group. Now they want to take his home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

Jaysucks

Fort Myers, FL

#5374 Nov 22, 2012
Aimee wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you know you don't want to think of any. Your hatred of Jay, for whatever reason, would drown out the sound of redemption for Jay. There are a few really nasty characters in the world who obviously have not a single decent cell, but I don't believe Jay is one. I'm pretty sure he isn't. A woman thinks enough of him to provide him with a home even after she breaks up with him. She must see something we aren't privileged to see. His children speak well of him, and even his exes attend his concerts. The man has something good about him, even more than his voice. This thread has survived more than six years, and you will find a generous sprinkling of people who have stood by him here and elsewhere through the entire time. You don't even back up your claims with facts, so for all we know it's not based on anything real. I stand by my opinion that Jay Black isn't all bad, and will wait for anyone who can prove me wrong.
Appearances can be very deceiving.To know him is to, well, you really dont want to know the truth, you idolize the pervert.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jethro

United States

#5375 Nov 22, 2012
Pervert? You mean he likes his salami with little buns, lots of pickles?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Saliane

Browns Summit, NC

#5376 Nov 22, 2012
Jaysucks wrote:
<quoted text>
Appearances can be very deceiving.To know him is to, well, you really dont want to know the truth, you idolize the pervert.
Cappy. Why weren't you spending your time with your family? See, your dislike of Jay was cutting into quality time with your folks. I only have 2 sons now, and, because of them looking after their daddy, they're not here today. Might as well be alone because Joe's no company at all. He's like a fixture unless someone else happens to be visiting.
I know how you feel about Jay, but you know, don't you, that the only way Aimée, Sudi and I are ever going to feel even remotely that way about him is by some wild chance to get to meet and get to know him and have him prove to us, by his actions, that his is that sort of person.
You know who sounds perverted to me? The author of the post right after yours. He's Murray, we all think, because he spouts the same old drivel, but, unlike you, he's crass and nasty-minded and dwells way too much on Jay's...equipment, if you will, and what he does with it. That's weird for a man, unless he's a gay man. We don't answer him as much as we used to because it's like talking to someone whose mind is tangled with Alzheimer's. Talks in riddles always. Do YOU know Murray?
I hope you had a happy holiday even tho you evidently had a big enough lapse in festivities to check in here. I haven't eaten yet, so I'm signing off and going to fix a sandwich and coffee.(Like to eat and watch tv--gonna get me one day.) Then I'm gonna watch the rest of The Fugitive--again. Love the movie and Harrison Ford. Don't think I ever saw him in a movie I didn't like except the one with--Nicole Kidman, I think--where he'd murdered his wife, girlfriend, whatever. Have a good rest of the day and good note. Bye

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NorthFortMeyersS ucks

Phoenix, AZ

#5377 Nov 22, 2012
He can't spend time with his family because he likes jerking off on his own.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Saliane

Browns Summit, NC

#5378 Nov 22, 2012
NorthFortMeyersSucks wrote:
WELL!!! The voice of experience has spoken! Bet you could write a book about that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aimee

San Antonio, TX

#5379 Nov 22, 2012
NorthFortMeyersSucks wrote:
How much time does that take? I just stopped by to have a sandwich and some tea, looks like I'm not alone. Saliane, we really should stir up something to get Joe moving. Maybe invite some homeless people over for dinner at the next holiday. Put an apron on him and let him watch the grilling. Or bring a bunch of underprivileged kids and he can supervise them as they shell pecans. Be sure to take his temp so we know he's alive.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jaysucks

Cape Coral, FL

#5380 Nov 23, 2012
Saliane wrote:
<quoted text>
Cappy. Why weren't you spending your time with your family? See, your dislike of Jay was cutting into quality time with your folks. I only have 2 sons now, and, because of them looking after their daddy, they're not here today. Might as well be alone because Joe's no company at all. He's like a fixture unless someone else happens to be visiting.
I know how you feel about Jay, but you know, don't you, that the only way Aimée, Sudi and I are ever going to feel even remotely that way about him is by some wild chance to get to meet and get to know him and have him prove to us, by his actions, that his is that sort of person.
You know who sounds perverted to me? The author of the post right after yours. He's Murray, we all think, because he spouts the same old drivel, but, unlike you, he's crass and nasty-minded and dwells way too much on Jay's...equipment, if you will, and what he does with it. That's weird for a man, unless he's a gay man. We don't answer him as much as we used to because it's like talking to someone whose mind is tangled with Alzheimer's. Talks in riddles always. Do YOU know Murray?
I hope you had a happy holiday even tho you evidently had a big enough lapse in festivities to check in here. I haven't eaten yet, so I'm signing off and going to fix a sandwich and coffee.(Like to eat and watch tv--gonna get me one day.) Then I'm gonna watch the rest of The Fugitive--again. Love the movie and Harrison Ford. Don't think I ever saw him in a movie I didn't like except the one with--Nicole Kidman, I think--where he'd murdered his wife, girlfriend, whatever. Have a good rest of the day and good note. Bye
I have no idea what would make you think I didn't have a wonderful holiday with family & friends. Jay on the other hand probably had to hide from a few bookies to survive the holiday.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Saliane

Browns Summit, NC

#5381 Nov 23, 2012
Jaysucks wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what would make you think I didn't have a wonderful holiday with family & friends. Jay on the other hand probably had to hide from a few bookies to survive the holiday.
How can you be having a really good time with your family if you're obsessing about Jay enough to have to stop in the middle of the day and go write about him. Who's winning?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jaysucks

Cape Coral, FL

#5382 Nov 23, 2012
Saliane wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you be having a really good time with your family if you're obsessing about Jay enough to have to stop in the middle of the day and go write about him. Who's winning?
I have no clue as to how you think I didn't have a great time, that posting was made about 11:00 AM, my guests all arrived about 2:00 PM. I'm not at all obsessed, but you, and a few others that idolize the pig are. I'm here to tell you what he is, that's hardly an obsession. If you knew everything you'd probably made a Jay doll and stick pins in it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Saliane

Browns Summit, NC

#5383 Nov 23, 2012
Cappy, all we're doing is dancing round and round and round in circles and getting nowhere. I guess it's time for the dance to end. And Jay may not be the only effigy who needs pins stuck in it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jaysucks

Cape Coral, FL

#5385 Nov 24, 2012
Saliane wrote:
Cappy, all we're doing is dancing round and round and round in circles and getting nowhere. I guess it's time for the dance to end. And Jay may not be the only effigy who needs pins stuck in it.
hardly dancing around dear, Ive stated what he is, and there are things not mentioned for good cause. Everything hes done has alienated everyone in the industry. Look at where he is now, the venues he plays. Very sad, but it was his own doing. People like to be entertained, not abused. My guess is you've not been to a live show of his. You do not go on stage, drunk, nose fired up, and having bookmakers chasing you around the back stage, then insult your audience. Look up low life in the dictionary, guess whose photo you'll find.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aimee

San Antonio, TX

#5386 Nov 24, 2012
Jaysucks wrote:
<quoted text>
hardly dancing around dear, Ive stated what he is, and there are things not mentioned for good cause. Everything hes done has alienated everyone in the industry. Look at where he is now, the venues he plays. Very sad, but it was his own doing. People like to be entertained, not abused. My guess is you've not been to a live show of his. You do not go on stage, drunk, nose fired up, and having bookmakers chasing you around the back stage, then insult your audience. Look up low life in the dictionary, guess whose photo you'll find.
Maybe I just don't understand how these things work. On this forum and others, a number of people have discussed Jay's home, his car, his alleged drug use, his alleged drinking, his womanizing, his problems and association with the mob, his gambling addiction, the caliber of his venues, his talent as compared with JATA#3, his anatomy, his legal events with regard to his use of his professional name, his "adult" material in shows, his wardrobe, the style of his hair, his use of sunglasses, even his butterflies and the resulting downloading before the performances. Pray tell, what things could possibly be left out "for good cause"? We have heard him say his son Beau doesn't return his phone calls. We've heard him say his admirers have evolved to the point of being elderly Jews. It seems like Jay doesn't hold out much, claiming both the good and the bad that make up him and his story. If this much has been aired, and he has admitted to it both onstage and during interviews, could there be so much more? It would be almost impossible to shock us with whatever details remain hidden. I'm of the opinion there isn't anything new, anything unknown to anyone who ever looked into the life and times of Jay Black. In my opinion, Jay made mistakes and has paid dearly for them. Likewise, he failed to develop a strong moral core, thus his infidelities and the abuse of those who stood by him when he was possibly in danger because of debts. He should have been reined in when he was a youngster, but he was apparently easily impressed by the wrong elements in society and charming enough to survive things that many wouldn't have survived in that lawless world. When I have read of other well-known people in the entertainment industry, including the publishing world's greats, I have seen that the strait-laced ones are rare. Often, this has come as a surprise because it was covered up during their lifetimes. Actors, singers and musicians, comedians, all have their share of flawed characters, many of whom were outed years after their deaths. What could we learn after Jay's final curtain call that would shock us about our hero? I've been braced for it for years, and all I've learned is that he isn't perfect but he's up front about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dawn in Denver

Parker, CO

#5387 Nov 24, 2012
Aimee wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I just don't understand how these things work. On this forum and others, a number of people have discussed Jay's home, his car, his alleged drug use, his alleged drinking, his womanizing, his problems and association with the mob, his gambling addiction, the caliber of his venues, his talent as compared with JATA#3, his anatomy, his legal events with regard to his use of his professional name, his "adult" material in shows, his wardrobe, the style of his hair, his use of sunglasses, even his butterflies and the resulting downloading before the performances. Pray tell, what things could possibly be left out "for good cause"? We have heard him say his son Beau doesn't return his phone calls. We've heard him say his admirers have evolved to the point of being elderly Jews. It seems like Jay doesn't hold out much, claiming both the good and the bad that make up him and his story. If this much has been aired, and he has admitted to it both onstage and during interviews, could there be so much more? It would be almost impossible to shock us with whatever details remain hidden. I'm of the opinion there isn't anything new, anything unknown to anyone who ever looked into the life and times of Jay Black. In my opinion, Jay made mistakes and has paid dearly for them. Likewise, he failed to develop a strong moral core, thus his infidelities and the abuse of those who stood by him when he was possibly in danger because of debts. He should have been reined in when he was a youngster, but he was apparently easily impressed by the wrong elements in society and charming enough to survive things that many wouldn't have survived in that lawless world. When I have read of other well-known people in the entertainment industry, including the publishing world's greats, I have seen that the strait-laced ones are rare. Often, this has come as a surprise because it was covered up during their lifetimes. Actors, singers and musicians, comedians, all have their share of flawed characters, many of whom were outed years after their deaths. What could we learn after Jay's final curtain call that would shock us about our hero? I've been braced for it for years, and all I've learned is that he isn't perfect but he's up front about it.
....well said..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Saliane

Browns Summit, NC

#5388 Nov 24, 2012
Aimée--About all this womanizing. I sincerely think that's 90% of all the hatred for Jay. Seems like romantic relationships are the only thing that could cause deep enough hatred that people just can't let it go even 40 or 50 years down the road. I imagine it would hurt very badly for your partner to dally with someone else. Money probably would cause that hatred,too, but I think only in the instance that it was a life-changing amount of money he owed someone--like hundreds of thousands or even more. Any why would anyone in their right minds even LEND that kind of money to ANYbody?
What I don't understand is why NONE of those women has EVER come forward with stories of "I Slept With Jay Black of JATA", "Jay Black is My Baby's Daddy" ,"Jay Black Dumped Me After He Took Advantage of Me" or some such. And do you recall how when they talk of those slut-bucket, sleazy trollops who follow bands and gag their legs open for any man who'll crawl in--the talk of them with admiration. What's the difference between them and Jay--except their women wanted a roll in the hay with Jay. Some of THEM may even have wanted a go at him.
Jay's always the bad guy in these stories and the women seem to be second thoughts in the stories because, have you heard of even ONE of these women being mentioned as being taken advantage of, beguiled, anything except just being mentioned as being there if he crooked his finger? That's it right there--those women would rather have a one-time round with Jay than be true to their own man. And the way they have harped it to death for 40 years, I can understand why.Where's those WOMEN'S ethics?
And I've got news for those men--Jay may well have more than his share of equipment, but what he had more of than that was the innate knowledge of how to make a woman feel like a woman. No matter how big a man is, he's gotta know how to treat a woman and how to attract her before he can sleep with her. He was receptive to women,yeah, and they could see that and they were probably ready to bed him before they even knew HOW much he's got. I'm sure he didn't open his fly and drape it out so he could attract women, so that's NOT what first attracted them. And those men need to learn size is not everything. Hell, we don't want one so big it's gonna knock our internal organs out of place.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Saliane

Browns Summit, NC

#5389 Nov 24, 2012
Jaysucks wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when you knock the 'venues" he plays, you're kind of putting down the people attending them also.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aimee

San Antonio, TX

#5390 Nov 24, 2012
Dawn in Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
....well said..
Hello again, Dawn, and thanks for the input. As you can see, the fans aren't going away, and a few new ones show up now and then. Our hero still has it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Aimee

San Antonio, TX

#5391 Nov 24, 2012
Saliane wrote:
Aimée--About all this womanizing. I sincerely think that's 90% of all the hatred for Jay. Seems like romantic relationships are the only thing that could cause deep enough hatred that people just can't let it go even 40 or 50 years down the road. I imagine it would hurt very badly for your partner to dally with someone else. Money probably would cause that hatred,too, but I think only in the instance that it was a life-changing amount of money he owed someone--like hundreds of thousands or even more. Any why would anyone in their right minds even LEND that kind of money to ANYbody?
What I don't understand is why NONE of those women has EVER come forward with stories of "I Slept With Jay Black of JATA", "Jay Black is My Baby's Daddy" ,"Jay Black Dumped Me After He Took Advantage of Me" or some such. And do you recall how when they talk of those slut-bucket, sleazy trollops who follow bands and gag their legs open for any man who'll crawl in--the talk of them with admiration. What's the difference between them and Jay--except their women wanted a roll in the hay with Jay. Some of THEM may even have wanted a go at him.
Jay's always the bad guy in these stories and the women seem to be second thoughts in the stories because, have you heard of even ONE of these women being mentioned as being taken advantage of, beguiled, anything except just being mentioned as being there if he crooked his finger? That's it right there--those women would rather have a one-time round with Jay than be true to their own man. And the way they have harped it to death for 40 years, I can understand why.Where's those WOMEN'S ethics?
And I've got news for those men--Jay may well have more than his share of equipment, but what he had more of than that was the innate knowledge of how to make a woman feel like a woman. No matter how big a man is, he's gotta know how to treat a woman and how to attract her before he can sleep with her. He was receptive to women,yeah, and they could see that and they were probably ready to bed him before they even knew HOW much he's got. I'm sure he didn't open his fly and drape it out so he could attract women, so that's NOT what first attracted them. And those men need to learn size is not everything. Hell, we don't want one so big it's gonna knock our internal organs out of place.
Saliane, I'm sure you're right. It must sting pretty badly to be a guy whose woman lusts after Jay. But there is remedy and/or prevention. As you've noted, most women are first attracted to the things that can be seen in public without risking arrest, as in charm and charisma. I have thought a lot about the exes and the lovers along the way. If Jay's such a rotten character, why don't any of them go public with his abuse or negligence? If their men had been more like Jay, sweet and charming, it's likely they could have kept their women happy and not had to worry about the competition. A loose woman I used to know was talking about a rather plain and ordinary man being her all-time favorite lover, and I asked her what made him superior to others. She replied, "It's just the way he looks into my eyes and the way he holds me, as if I'm all he's interested in at that moment." She knew he was a player, but he could appear to worship her at the right times. When Jay is looking over that microphone with those dreamy eyes, I can imagine him saying those things to a woman who is his target, and I'm sure she would be defenseless. It would take very little effort by her man to make the most of that moment and promote his own cause. She's in the mood, fellow, just step up with the right attitude. Jay should be your best friend. He can't handle ALL of the women in that audience at once.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sudi

Dadeville, AL

#5392 Nov 24, 2012
Saliane wrote:
Sally Belle, you have such a way with words! The women he supposedly bedded are as guilty as he, no matter whose wife she is/was. If a man cannot get past that, then he should get rid of the two-timing woman and get one who can love and appreciate a fellow. You know, it takes two to tango. Jay, as well, should have tried to keep his libido under control, especially since he has a family. Such an incident can hurt and embarrass kids, no matter how old they are, for its never forgotten by others who continually harp on it, and those individuals love to remind their peers that their "daddy" is in somebody else's kitchen.I wonder if he was like than in high school. Some guys know they have it, and can get a smile from any girl, even the ones they consider paper sack jobs, but can't girls/women spot a womanizer from a mile away? It's fun to flirt when your not tied to anyone, but marriage is supposed to be a strong bond between a man and a woman, and should be respected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sudi

Dadeville, AL

#5393 Nov 24, 2012
Aimee wrote:
<quoted text>
Saliane, I'm sure you're right. It must sting pretty badly to be a guy whose woman lusts after Jay. But there is remedy and/or prevention. As you've noted, most women are first attracted to the things that can be seen in public without risking arrest, as in charm and charisma. I have thought a lot about the exes and the lovers along the way. If Jay's such a rotten character, why don't any of them go public with his abuse or negligence? If their men had been more like Jay, sweet and charming, it's likely they could have kept their women happy and not had to worry about the competition. A loose woman I used to know was talking about a rather plain and ordinary man being her all-time favorite lover, and I asked her what made him superior to others. She replied, "It's just the way he looks into my eyes and the way he holds me, as if I'm all he's interested in at that moment." She knew he was a player, but he could appear to worship her at the right times. When Jay is looking over that microphone with those dreamy eyes, I can imagine him saying those things to a woman who is his target, and I'm sure she would be defenseless. It would take very little effort by her man to make the most of that moment and promote his own cause. She's in the mood, fellow, just step up with the right attitude. Jay should be your best friend. He can't handle ALL of the women in that audience at once.
Hey, Aimee,
Women performers can do the same to men in their audience. We were at an event once when the opening act was a rock and roll band with a female singer. She was singing to my husband, giving him plenty of eye language that was surely affecting him and her body language was rather vulgar.. She didn't care that he might be with someone, just that she could give him that "come-on" look, and maybe she could get him to go backstage with her. It continued through their set. Unfortunately for him,(at the time he was 52 and she might have been 28-30), that little event didn't help him when we got home. I've told you before that he loves it when I'm listening to Jay, or talking about him. He knows I get excited just at the mentioned his name, and he takes full advantage of it. It's just weird how men and women differ when it comes to human nature.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jaysucks

Cape Coral, FL

#5395 Nov 24, 2012
All I see is a small group not wanting to believe someone is as bad as they are. You mention an audience full of old Jews. Hes the biggest Anti Semite there is,and has bashed Jews probably more then any other group. Blame the woman also, of course, but they too saw an idol,just like..........

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 58 min The Peoples Media 3,078
News Central Florida largely silent on banning gay-c... Sat Wholly Silicon Wafer 7
News Senator: Drilling plan carve-out for Florida ma... Jan 12 Flip Flopper 2
News Trump administration says no oil drilling off F... Jan 11 paint can fumes 2
Episcopalian Gays Jan 10 Kobe 2
News Someone's spying on Florida legislators. Tallah... Jan 6 SMH 4
News Solar Industry and Advocates Support Florida Le... Jan 4 Solarman 1
More from around the web