South Florida Bennigan's, Steak & Ale...

South Florida Bennigan's, Steak & Ale close

There are 241 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 29, 2008, titled South Florida Bennigan's, Steak & Ale close. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The company that owns the Bennigan's Grill & Tavern and Steak & Ale restaurant chains said Tuesday it's going out of business and suddenly shut its doors, including at least half a dozen South Florida locations ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Juan McCane

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Jul 29, 2008
I should have eaten there more. Good food, drink and atmosphere but now they're gone. <sigh>

“The Best Is Yet To Come...”

Since: Jan 07

South Florida

#2 Jul 29, 2008
No worries -- the GOP will bail out Metromedia so none of the stockholders lose money. Might hurt the economy, after all, if billionaires are reduced to meager millionaires. Don't you understand economics, you liberal freaks?

But those former employees had better find a job and not rely on the government to do everything for them, dang it! They're nothing but a drain on resources! How DARE they ask for assistance! The nerve...

“The Best Is Yet To Come...”

Since: Jan 07

South Florida

#3 Jul 29, 2008
Sarcasm aside, I'll miss both restaurants. Steak & Ale had a bacon bleu cheese burger that was heaven...
sammy

Hollywood, FL

#4 Jul 29, 2008
sofla budget cuts are on the upswing. Layoff useless parasites in city/county
ex-ex

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Jul 29, 2008
Painkiller Jeff wrote:
No worries -- the GOP will bail out Metromedia so none of the stockholders lose money. Might hurt the economy, after all, if billionaires are reduced to meager millionaires. Don't you understand economics, you liberal freaks?
But those former employees had better find a job and not rely on the government to do everything for them, dang it! They're nothing but a drain on resources! How DARE they ask for assistance! The nerve...
There are NO stockholders. They are privately owned.
Tim

San Jose, CA

#6 Jul 29, 2008
Seams to me that this a violation of the federal WARN act.

And this looks like a voluntary backruptcy (assets > liabilities), thusly all employees should be due 60 days pay.
Good Riddance

Lake Worth, FL

#8 Jul 30, 2008
Last time we ate at both of them was 2-3 years ago, and they were dirty, run down, the food was crap, and the service lousy.
Republicans R Bogus

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2008
Tim wrote:
Seams to me that this a violation of the federal WARN act.
And this looks like a voluntary backruptcy (assets > liabilities), thusly all employees should be due 60 days pay.
Good Point, Hmmm, they are FOB's...Friends of Bush, so they are exempt from laws. Also, Bush will make sure the owners (Good Old Texas Boys) get money to help out. Now they join the huge and growing list of dead beat companies like RJ Gaters.
moe glickstien

United States

#10 Jul 30, 2008
Lousy food poor value ADIOS!
bono

AOL

#11 Jul 30, 2008
moe glickstien wrote:
Lousy food poor value ADIOS!
how can you say lousy food, i loved their fried rat tails and cockroach bisque, you don't good food
rukidding

Dothan, AL

#12 Jul 30, 2008
moe glickstien wrote:
Lousy food poor value ADIOS!
Oye Vey Moe, when did you learn to speak the Spanish?
The Anti-dope

Germantown, TN

#13 Jul 30, 2008
ex-ex wrote:
<quoted text>There are NO stockholders. They are privately owned.
Youuuu dum-dum...what do the private owners have? paperweights!?? They also have STOCK-- only issued to a smaller crowd. ;)
good question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jul 30, 2008
Whatever.

The Bennigans on Cypress Creek features smelly old carpet, surly service, and the food was pretty gross.

Hopefully a decent restaurant will come in to that location.
DREW

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Jul 30, 2008
Good Riddance wrote:
Last time we ate at both of them was 2-3 years ago, and they were dirty, run down, the food was crap, and the service lousy.
Bennigan's maybe, but Steak & Ale?? That place was the epitome of good service. I was treated better there with a coupon than I have been at restaruants costing three times the price. Two of these places are right down the screet from me, I used to spend at least two or three nights a week at the Bennigan's on cypress when my brother worked there. They managed to survive after that gas taker accident happened on cypress and cut off the only road to their buisness but they couldn't survive this, damn shame really.
cmon

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Jul 30, 2008
yeah my sister is pissed. she is a manager of a steak and ale in michigan and the screwed them over too! promising the management severance package and they closed the doors. welcome to the 21st century people...!
cmon

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Jul 30, 2008
good question wrote:
Whatever.
The Bennigans on Cypress Creek features smelly old carpet, surly service, and the food was pretty gross.
Hopefully a decent restaurant will come in to that location.
you should stay home and not go out. your probably one person who leaves less than 10 percent tip...f u c k off !!!
cmon

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Jul 30, 2008
DREW wrote:
<quoted text>
Bennigan's maybe, but Steak & Ale?? That place was the epitome of good service. I was treated better there with a coupon than I have been at restaruants costing three times the price. Two of these places are right down the screet from me, I used to spend at least two or three nights a week at the Bennigan's on cypress when my brother worked there. They managed to survive after that gas taker accident happened on cypress and cut off the only road to their buisness but they couldn't survive this, damn shame really.
right on drew...no?
cmon

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Jul 30, 2008
Painkiller Jeff wrote:
No worries -- the GOP will bail out Metromedia so none of the stockholders lose money. Might hurt the economy, after all, if billionaires are reduced to meager millionaires. Don't you understand economics, you liberal freaks?
But those former employees had better find a job and not rely on the government to do everything for them, dang it! They're nothing but a drain on resources! How DARE they ask for assistance! The nerve...
you are a i d i o t its a democratic congress people you all wanted change...well here is your change. look at whats happened since the dems took over congress 4 yrs ago. double gas prices, higher unemployment, housing has gone way down, you all wanted change...so dont be cry babies. keep voting dems in office...i am out!
cmon

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Jul 30, 2008
Tim wrote:
Seams to me that this a violation of the federal WARN act.
And this looks like a voluntary backruptcy (assets > liabilities), thusly all employees should be due 60 days pay.
not during a bankruptcy...read the laws you i d 10 t...!
Dick Johnson

Glastonbury, CT

#21 Jul 30, 2008
Republicans R Bogus wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Point, Hmmm, they are FOB's...Friends of Bush, so they are exempt from laws. Also, Bush will make sure the owners (Good Old Texas Boys) get money to help out. Now they join the huge and growing list of dead beat companies like RJ Gaters.
Just remember...if Bush commits the crime the Democratically controlled Congress drives the get away car.

He can't do anything without them.

so lets not play the blame game without blaming all the parties involved...

OTOH...Bennigans is going out of business because of global warming...isnt that the cause for everything bad on the planet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Americans have 1 common enemy Jun 21 The Mick 4
News Legal Notebook: New leadership for The Florida Bar Jun 21 The Mick 2
News Climate decision could accelerate damage to Tru... Jun 20 Det Mel Bernstein... 5
Stella Jun 19 Stella 2
News Bills seek to ban immigrant a sanctuariesa in F... Jun 17 Old Man 4
News Comey says he was fired because of Russia inves... Jun 13 spud 38
Greta Lynn theiss davita diyalis Jun 13 Love ya 1
More from around the web