Right to work law should be eliminate...

Right to work law should be eliminated -- South Florida Sun-Sen...

There are 36 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 10, 2007, titled Right to work law should be eliminated -- South Florida Sun-Sen.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

By Gene Mechanic Gov. Charlie Crist expressed his view in a recent "Ask the Governor" column that Florida's so-called "Right to Work" law should not be abolished.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LooseCannon13

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Feb 15, 2009
There's only one thing that matters- ORGANIZE!
The majority are hoodwinked about the issue, so forget democratic methods to address the issue, it runs on majorities. The law allows this, so forget legal redress of the issue. There is only one method that can work- organize, and demand a better deal- and shut the plant down until an agreement is reached- SITTING IN IT to prevent scabs from coming in and working it. TheBoss wants to write TERMINATED on your papers, let him, you're still sitting at your station not working it- and no one else is. Riot quads come in and assault you? FREE ADVERTISING FOR YOUR CAUSE. Broken equipment does not work- and a police staged riot will break things, rest assured.
LooseCannon13

Saint Petersburg, FL

#22 Feb 15, 2009
Here's a good place to start:
http://www.iww.org/
Skilled Labor

Tallahassee, FL

#23 Oct 14, 2009
TheBoss wrote:
I sit there and count my money, sonny. It's you that's scratching something, not me. Scratching out a meager living while I over work and under pay you. Don't like it, move on, sucker. By the way, Juan and Pepe will do your job for 1/2!
You are as anti-American as they come. You could care less about your fellow American and it sickens to know you are a citizen. Jaun and Pepe will get smart one day and realize what you are doing to them and they to will turn thier back on you too. You use and abuse with out care of what you do to people and their families.
Jocelyn

Winter Park, FL

#24 Mar 5, 2010
LooseCannon13 wrote:
Here's a good place to start:
http://www.iww.org/
Please contact me at [email protected]

I am currently in the process of shooting a documentary on the abuse of the The Taft-Hartley Act and right to work laws. I am very intrested in your input have a lovely day.
evie

Tallahassee, FL

#25 Nov 2, 2010
Whatthe focus should be is on exsisting legislation that WILL pass in all states.

Most cases do not follow under any protested class
or rights violation. You waste your time and money thinking you ahve rights but really have none.

When the Healthy Workplace Bill (please see Bullybosses.com for references), left hand side of the page.

Call and get involved, FLorida currently does not have active legislation but will soon. EVERYONE is endorsing this bill and soon people will be able to work in an enviroment that is not fueled with hate by the big bad boss and cronies,

This is your time to get FLorida on track. Unfair terminations, assualts by employers, threatening and unsafe working condition. We go to work to support our familys not get beat up or ahve our lives ruined.
check it out-bullybosses.com
evie

Tallahassee, FL

#26 Nov 2, 2010
TheBoss wrote:
I sit there and count my money, sonny. It's you that's scratching something, not me. Scratching out a meager living while I over work and under pay you. Don't like it, move on, sucker. By the way, Juan and Pepe will do your job for 1/2!
haha, I love it when I see posts like this. You are probably another under employed employee. But keep it up, you generate a lot of posts and make people angry.

This "MAKE THEM ANGRY" style of marketing is great stuff!
Jiggs

Boynton Beach, FL

#27 Jun 11, 2011
dave m wrote:
Unions are a thing of the past.At one time unions were needed,but now laws have been passed to protect the workers.Unions today are mob infested seedy.They are great if you are a lazy worker who wants top dollar and never get fired.
You are a true idiot if you believe the above!!!!
dave

Windermere, FL

#28 Sep 4, 2012
Start a petition!!I

I will sign it!!!
dave

Windermere, FL

#29 Sep 4, 2012
One more thing, theres unions in florida people. So that law is not to protect us from unions. Give me a Break.. And you have to right not to join a union if you dont want to.. IT's Time to stop talking about it and lets do something about it!!!

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#30 Sep 4, 2012
Why do we need a right to work law anyway?
An employer should not be restricted on who he or she chooses to hire (must be legal worker).
Someone interested in working should not have to pay a union for its approval for him or her to work.
While I agree with the right to work laws and sure as hell glad that Florida protects the workers’ rights to work what sucks is that we need the law to begin with.

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#31 Sep 4, 2012
The Real One wrote:
Right on! Then teachers will finally be able to strike and demand meaningful salary increases. The Repubs however will never let this happen.
Please define what would qualify as a meaningful salary increases? Could you also provide the reasons for this meaningful salary increases?
dave

Windermere, FL

#32 Sep 4, 2012
The problem is if there is a increase it's temporary, friend of mine working for Universal for 17yrs got laid off cause of salary, no other reason but getting paid too much, they hired his replacement at $8 an hour... There you go Right to Work. It was put there to protect the companys not employees!!!!!
dave

Windermere, FL

#33 Sep 4, 2012
Petitions.org
Who wants to start it??? An we can send it to the governer..
I know a ton of people ready to sign it!!

“Just Add Obama ”

Jacksonville Florida

#34 Sep 5, 2012
dave wrote:
The problem is if there is a increase it's temporary, friend of mine working for Universal for 17yrs got laid off cause of salary, no other reason but getting paid too much, they hired his replacement at $8 an hour... There you go Right to Work. It was put there to protect the companys not employees!!!!!
How is that not right to work? Your friend was laid off, it happens and yes when it happens to you it really sucks. However, right or wrong Universal decided that the work required was not worth the valve it was paying, that’s business. What was the option, keep paying higher and higher wages until the business in no longer sustainable? Then what your friend would have still been laid off and the replacement at $8 an hour would not have been a replacement at $8 an hour.

Another option would have been to keep wages frozen but how long would your friend have been happy with that position before leaving on his or her own accord, of that’s OK right?

The final option would have I guess been to just print more money and barrow from China, oh wait only the government can do that ……$16,000,000,000,000.00 and counting.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#35 Sep 6, 2012
Mr Logic in Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
How is that not right to work? Your friend was laid off, it happens and yes when it happens to you it really sucks. However, right or wrong Universal decided that the work required was not worth the valve it was paying, that’s business. What was the option, keep paying higher and higher wages until the business in no longer sustainable? Then what your friend would have still been laid off and the replacement at $8 an hour would not have been a replacement at $8 an hour.
Another option would have been to keep wages frozen but how long would your friend have been happy with that position before leaving on his or her own accord, of that’s OK right?
The final option would have I guess been to just print more money and barrow from China, oh wait only the government can do that ……$16,000,000,000,000.00 and counting.
You have no clue what right to work laws are dumbazz, type it into your search engine and learn something instead of guessing all the time. LMAO at logic!
Internet Tough Guyz

Miami, FL

#36 Sep 6, 2012
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>You have no clue what right to work laws are dumbazz, type it into your search engine and learn something instead of guessing all the time. LMAO at logic!
Right to Work means you cannot be forced to join a union in order to work somewhere. It eliminates Closed Shop laws. Right to Work does not eliminate unions, but it does leave them without a captive audience to force into membership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Trusted Research Chemical Shop Forum ! 10 hr BiZKiT 2
News Florida blaze spreads after ripping through hom... Sat joe 16
News Eye doctor accused of bribing Sen. Menendez con... Sat tomin cali 2
News Unemployment benefits in Florida: Questions and... (Feb '09) Fri Gill 446
News Bush ridicules Trump's fitness to lead military... (Oct '15) Apr 28 Wall Street bonus 51
News Exit Polls: Obama Wins Hispanics in Florida by ... (Nov '12) Apr 27 Fleas 5
News The NAACP's fight against private school vouchers (May '06) Apr 26 Created 6
More from around the web