Sleep Paralysis and Night Terrors, Ol...

Sleep Paralysis and Night Terrors, Old Hag, Awakening Paralzed

Posted in the Florida Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 09

Ocala, FL

#1 Aug 16, 2009
I am currently studying sleep paralysis AKA old hag. Sleep paralysis with a "supernatural twist" which is when you are just about to fall asleep and you are suddenly paralyzed. You feel a menacing presence either in your room or entering your room. Mostly it is a black robed figure that stands beside your bed, and you feel complete terror while the presence is in your room. You will sometimes hear whispering in your hear and much more. If you have had these experiences, please respond.

Ocala, FL

#2 Aug 16, 2009
sorry I meant awakening Paralyzed
Freaked Me Out

Sun Valley, CA

#3 Aug 16, 2009
Florida-Gal wrote:
I am currently studying sleep paralysis AKA old hag. Sleep paralysis with a "supernatural twist" which is when you are just about to fall asleep and you are suddenly paralyzed. You feel a menacing presence either in your room or entering your room. Mostly it is a black robed figure that stands beside your bed, and you feel complete terror while the presence is in your room. You will sometimes hear whispering in your hear and much more. If you have had these experiences, please respond.
I had a very bizaar incident...happened one time, Where I used to live, I was in my bedroom standing next to the door and someone tapped me on the shoulder three times very hard. No one was there. Then this happened to me about 5 times. However, I would be in a dead sleep..and then feel this very strong presence..open my eyes and I couldn't move "paralized" I would see this very bizaar human like all stretched out, very long hands and feet with long nails. And yes, it did seem like it was trying to say something in my ear. I would literally not be able to move "paralized" so I would scream out/which was hard to do and then it would go away...and then I could move. Definately freaked me out! And yeah! it was definately some kinda hag! hope this helps. Hasn't happened since I moved from there. Thank God.

Ocala, FL

#4 Aug 16, 2009
Thank you for validating your experience, would you mind copying and pasting your experience in my forum for others. People are so scared, scientist do not know what it is, and I am trying to document as much as I can. The web site is www.old-hag.com and then click on forum, click on general and create account, log in and there you will see Sp forum experiences. Just pick a user name and enter jane doe if you prefer for name and whatever for a email address, until I can figure out how to let anonymous posters. You can also enter your real email address so I can add you to my newsletteer to keep up with my findings. This is happening to 1 out of 5 people now and increasing. My blog is http://old-hag.blogspot.com/ These experiences are extremely frightening and I will be adding my own experiences soon, as I have jus created both. Thanks again for sharing as they are very real and terrifying.
Freaked Me Out

Sun Valley, CA

#5 Aug 16, 2009
Your Welcome. I prefer not to sign up on your forum at this time. I don't have a problem with you sharing my experiences with others. 1 out of 5 people? That's a pretty high average. I will bookmark this forum and check back for future information.

Ocala, FL

#6 Aug 17, 2009
Freaked Me Out wrote:
Your Welcome. I prefer not to sign up on your forum at this time. I don't have a problem with you sharing my experiences with others. 1 out of 5 people? That's a pretty high average. I will bookmark this forum and check back for future information.
That is a hgh average, and that is just recently! These numbers where no where near that a few years back. It is becoming alarming. Do you mind if I copy your post to the forum as a anonymous experiene? What I am trying to do is let people know that they are not alone, they are thinking they are going crazy. I then am trying to find common denominators, such as did you eat pasta that night :) This happened to me almost nightly for almost a year. Very terrifying.
Thanks again
shea

New York, NY

#7 Aug 24, 2009
Florida-Gal wrote:
Are you still doing this study? I have been experiencing sleep paralysis most of my life. Im 27 yrs old. it began about the age of 7 and stopped shortly in my early 20's. Now in my late twenties the episodes have returned. my most memoriable and vivid episodes were as a teenager. I would experience them roughly 4 times a year. I have experinced everything from the loud footsteps to the Black robbed person, screaming, amplyfied noises, EXTREMELY loud knocking,chanting and wispering. my most memorable experinces would be at about age 14 i shared a room with my cousin. to make a long story short, i slept on the rightside of my body and began to feel the tingling on my entire body. I already was aware of what was coming so to speak and i attempted to wake up but of course that is not possible. anywho, something leaned on my left shoulder and whispered in my ear "ive been here before" a very raspy voice. Scary for the moment. all of the episodes last about 10 seconds. i woke up, looked at my door (i used to hang my purses on my door, so if someone would sneak in i would know because the bags would swing)well the bags werent swinging and my cousin was fast asleep. I had an episode last night at my boyfriends house. for the second time in my life dealing with SP i was actually able to see a person. I slept on my leftside facing my boyfriend. it was about 2am and i feel the tingling again. but something was a lil different this time. my eyes were slightly open i think. my eyelashes began to flutter like butterfly wings. EXTREMELY fast i thought i was having a seizure or something. anyway, i saw a young girl about age 6 or 7. she was black, had pigtails in her hair, looked as if she was wearing a school uniform and had a red balloon hin her mouth and was blowing in it. she stood directly over my boyfriend and was looking directly at me. I was completely terrified. of cousre i tried again to call say my boyfriends name. my mouth moved but no sound. usually with SP you are able to wiggle your fingers, toes and sometimes your head. I managed to move my arm a lil and nudge him a bit. he rolled over, i woke up and she of course was gone. im at work, still a lil spooked by it which usually i am not. if you need more info, let me know. sleep paralysis is something you DO NOT forget.

Ocala, FL

#8 Aug 24, 2009
shea wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still doing this study? I have been experiencing sleep paralysis most of my life. Im 27 yrs old. it began about the age of 7 and stopped shortly in my early 20's. Now in my late twenties the episodes have returned. my most memoriable and vivid episodes were as a teenager. I would experience them roughly 4 times a year. I have experinced everything from the loud footsteps to the Black robbed person, screaming, amplyfied noises, EXTREMELY loud knocking,chanting and wispering. my most memorable experinces would be at about age 14 i shared a room with my cousin. to make a long story short, i slept on the rightside of my body and began to feel the tingling on my entire body. I already was aware of what was coming so to speak and i attempted to wake up but of course that is not possible. anywho, something leaned on my left shoulder and whispered in my ear "ive been here before" a very raspy voice. Scary for the moment. all of the episodes last about 10 seconds. i woke up, looked at my door (i used to hang my purses on my door, so if someone would sneak in i would know because the bags would swing)well the bags werent swinging and my cousin was fast asleep. I had an episode last night at my boyfriends house. for the second time in my life dealing with SP i was actually able to see a person. I slept on my leftside facing my boyfriend. it was about 2am and i feel the tingling again. but something was a lil different this time. my eyes were slightly open i think. my eyelashes began to flutter like butterfly wings. EXTREMELY fast i thought i was having a seizure or something. anyway, i saw a young girl about age 6 or 7. she was black, had pigtails in her hair, looked as if she was wearing a school uniform and had a red balloon hin her mouth and was blowing in it. she stood directly over my boyfriend and was looking directly at me. I was completely terrified. of cousre i tried again to call say my boyfriends name. my mouth moved but no sound. usually with SP you are able to wiggle your fingers, toes and sometimes your head. I managed to move my arm a lil and nudge him a bit. he rolled over, i woke up and she of course was gone. im at work, still a lil spooked by it which usually i am not. if you need more info, let me know. sleep paralysis is something you DO NOT forget.
Yes I am still studying SP, thank you so much for sharing some of your experiences. It is extremely terrifying. I suffered SP for about one year, almost every single night, now a couple times a year. I would pray and pray and it would eventually stop. The only audible sound I ever heard whispering in my ear was "I will never leave you alone" the same type voice as you described, the rest was all whispering that I could not understand. I have started a blog and website and if you don't mind, I would like to copy your experience in my forum so that I have a record of sorts for others to review, as there are still some very frightened people out there for a very good reason. Scientist describe the normal sleep paralysis as not being able to move, and that is it. It is believed by many with Ph.D's that SP allows a doorway of some sort to be opened, that is what I am trying to find out and collect all the data on. As it is the most terrifying experience of my life, that I have never been able to wrap my mind around. I am an educated women with over 10 years college education, and I thought the devil himself was in my room or I Was CRAZY..
You can find my blog here http://old-hag.blogspot.com/ and my website is www.old-hag.com they are both new, but I am working on them as much as I can. On my web site old-hag, you will see a link to the forum, that is where I will be collecting encounters such as yourself. Thanks again
Sherry

Ocala, FL

#9 Aug 24, 2009
Freaked me out, are you still there, is it ok, if I copy your experience to my forum, for others to read? Please let me know. Thanks Again
kate

Bath, UK

#10 Aug 25, 2009
Florida-Gal wrote:
Freaked me out, are you still there, is it ok, if I copy your experience to my forum, for others to read? Please let me know. Thanks Again
Wow, i didn't know there was a name for this but i've had very similar experiences for some time but put them down to re occuring nightmares. In mine i feel a tingling sensation all over my body like something has hold of me. the scene varies but is usually the room i'm sleeping in and this 'force' drags me around the room so i'm floating around but i have no control over it. I rarely see the person/thing doing this but i'm always petrified of it. I often realise i'm asleep but cant wake myself and if i call for help no one hears me because the sound dosn't come out, sounds very likely that this is the cause, nice to know i'm not the only one who gets them.

every luck with your research.

Ocala, FL

#11 Aug 25, 2009
kate wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, i didn't know there was a name for this but i've had very similar experiences for some time but put them down to re occuring nightmares. In mine i feel a tingling sensation all over my body like something has hold of me. the scene varies but is usually the room i'm sleeping in and this 'force' drags me around the room so i'm floating around but i have no control over it. I rarely see the person/thing doing this but i'm always petrified of it. I often realise i'm asleep but cant wake myself and if i call for help no one hears me because the sound dosn't come out, sounds very likely that this is the cause, nice to know i'm not the only one who gets them.
every luck with your research.
Hi, that is the very purpose of my research and getting the word out there as there are so many people having these episodes, and it is so frightening, and unbelievable, you know...would you believe someone if they told you that "hey some darked robed dude came in my room last night and paralzyed me"? I know my friends and family looked at me a little strange, like what are you on :). As far as being alone, they are now saying one in five people will have at least one experience in their life. That is crazy compared to what the stats used to be. I'm very excited about working on the project as I have a lot of to share, as I experienced them almost nightly for a year.

To everyone posting here, I am just going to assume you don't mind if I copy your experiences to my other forum, all anonymous of course, just so I have one place for people to go to read all our stories. I have several discussion boards going, so it will be cool to have them in one place. I know I was in tears when I first started experiencing them, so I hope this will help those that think they are losing their minds. The ultimate goal is to find out what is happening, but also to share so peopel don't feel so alone. Thanks again everyone.
Shayla

Bethlehem, GA

#14 Aug 26, 2009
I too have had several experiences witht this sleep parylisis. The most memorable one being experiencing that same "tingly" feeling. Once I feel that, I already know whats to come. I felt like I could not move, and usually when this happens I'm so scared that I refuse to open my eyes. This time I insisted on doing so. Bad choice. Above my head, hovering on the ceiling was a robed figure just looking down at me. It definateley did not seem human, with its grey-tinged face. I remember it quite vividly. He didn't say anything or even move. He maintained eye contact with me for what seemed like forever but I'm sure it was only a few seconds. I could not move or scream, then it went away. Just like that. Afterwards, being quite scared, I heard the voice of the LORD tell me to fear not. That what I had just experienced really did happen (of course i questioned my sanity)but to not be afraid because HE would protect me. This is not the only experience I've had with this, nor was it the last. I dont believe all the scientific stuff I've read online saying that it is just a phenomenon. I believe there is a more spiritual tie to this. After reading all your experiences, seeing the similarites of mine, there has to be a better explanation. If anyone has gone through this please email me
[email protected] I would love to share experiences.

Ocala, FL

#15 Aug 26, 2009
My experiences almost always began with hearing foot steps like the sound of boots walking on a hardwood floor. I would then immediately realize I was paralyzed, but even more was a sort of atmospheric change. Pure evil is what I felt. I then had a variety of things happen from the blankets being pulled down off of me, to finding the blanket levitating above me. I would usually see one entity for lack of a better word to the right of the bed, but once there was a shorter one, standing at the bottom of the bed too. They would whisper to each other, but I could never understand them. I also once had a women with him, and she was talking loudly, but I was praying so much, I didn't understand her either. I felt pressure on my bed, as if someone was getting in bed with me, felt arms wrap around me, but mostly they would just look at me, until I was able to snap out of it by praying.+

Those were the most terrifying nights of my life. I have many encounters to record and hope others will do the same. It is painful I know, but we must find out what is causing this to happen to us. Thank you all for sharing.

Shayla, The reason I want to copy everyone’s experiences is I am posting on several boards, and would like to have one place eventually that people can read and compare their experiences. I am assuming since this is a public forum, you guys won’t mind.

I have already made contact with a director who filmed a documentary on the subject and hope to get at least an ebook in the works by the end of the year, as there is a lot of supernatural type of events occurring that the scientist can't figure out, and with all the similarities culturally, meaning that people from all over the world are experiencing the same type of phenomena regardless of their religious beliefs or what they were general surroundings are, so if a person that lives remotely in a tribe, and has this experience, it is hard to say that it is something he saw on tv, therefore he is dreaming about it...do you know what I mean?

Thanks Again

Sherry aka Florida_gals
www.old-hag.com
http://old-hag.blogspot.com/

Ocala, FL

#16 Aug 26, 2009
Shayla wrote:
I too have had several experiences witht this sleep parylisis. The most memorable one being experiencing that same "tingly" feeling. Once I feel that, I already know whats to come. I felt like I could not move, and usually when this happens I'm so scared that I refuse to open my eyes. This time I insisted on doing so. Bad choice. Above my head, hovering on the ceiling was a robed figure just looking down at me. It definateley did not seem human, with its grey-tinged face. I remember it quite vividly. He didn't say anything or even move. He maintained eye contact with me for what seemed like forever but I'm sure it was only a few seconds. I could not move or scream, then it went away. Just like that. Afterwards, being quite scared, I heard the voice of the LORD tell me to fear not. That what I had just experienced really did happen (of course i questioned my sanity)but to not be afraid because HE would protect me. This is not the only experience I've had with this, nor was it the last. I dont believe all the scientific stuff I've read online saying that it is just a phenomenon. I believe there is a more spiritual tie to this. After reading all your experiences, seeing the similarites of mine, there has to be a better explanation. If anyone has gone through this please email me
[email protected] I would love to share experiences.
Shayla, according to Dr. Hufford (sleep paralysis supernatural expert), praying seems to be the only thing that will help the episodes stop. One woman I was speaking with says she now sleeps with a Bible under her pillow and that seems to help.

Ocala, FL

#17 Aug 26, 2009
I don't know if you guys have noticed but on my web site or blog there is a name for these events all over the world, for instance in

* In Tamil and Sri Lankan Culture, this particular phenomenon is referred to as 'Amuku Be" or 'Amuku Pei' meaning "the ghost that forces one down.

* In Malay of Malay Peninsula, sleep paralysis is known as 'kena tindih'(or 'ketindihan' in Indonesia), which means "being pressed Incidents are commonly considered to be the work of a malign agency; occurring in what are explained as blind spots in the field of vision, they are reported as demonic figures.

* In Newfoundland and Labrador, it is known as the 'Old Hag' In island folklore, the Hag can be summoned to attack a third party, like a curse. It is also believed in thier local culture the way to call the Hag is to recite the Lord's Prayer backwards.
Shayla

Bethlehem, GA

#18 Aug 27, 2009
Florida-Gal wrote:
I don't know if you guys have noticed but on my web site or blog there is a name for these events all over the world, for instance in
* In Tamil and Sri Lankan Culture, this particular phenomenon is referred to as 'Amuku Be" or 'Amuku Pei' meaning "the ghost that forces one down.
* In Malay of Malay Peninsula, sleep paralysis is known as 'kena tindih'(or 'ketindihan' in Indonesia), which means "being pressed Incidents are commonly considered to be the work of a malign agency; occurring in what are explained as blind spots in the field of vision, they are reported as demonic figures.
* In Newfoundland and Labrador, it is known as the 'Old Hag' In island folklore, the Hag can be summoned to attack a third party, like a curse. It is also believed in thier local culture the way to call the Hag is to recite the Lord's Prayer backwards.
Exactly, if these same events occur worldwide, with shockingly similar occurances, how is it caused by being in a certain "state of sleep" so to speak. If that were the case, everyone's scenario would be quite different. The fact that everyone seems to be sort of "tormented" by a robed figure while not being able to move or scream definately shows there is a more supernatural tie to this. Unlike what the doctor's say, I believe the world we live in is in an everlasting "war" between good and evil. I also think it's pretty cool that everyone who said they prayed, or recited some type of prayer made this unnerving experience dissipate! That just goes to show that God has power over all things. Natural and supernatural. When He spoke to me, I immediately became calm, and was no longer scared. It could have only been God to calm me because I cannot begin to express the amount of sheer terror and shock I was in. I am however glad I found this site, and to know I am not the only one who has experienced this luminous robed figure gives me assurance. Assurance that I am not crazy.Lol. I actually stumbled on this site by accident. I do have to say that as of Aug 1 I moved, and since then have not experienced it.(Knock on wood) I really thought I was going crazy! Like borderline schitzophrenic! I have never had any mental illnesses nor does that run in my family, but imagine trying to tell a doctor about these experiences...lol I'm sure I'd be checked in a mental institutuion asap! Thats why I've remained mum about this. Anyways sort of rambling but I do not mind what ever I write being published. I wish there was more awareness about this. Maybe it starts here!

Ocala, FL

#19 Aug 27, 2009
Shayla wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, if these same events occur worldwide,. Maybe it starts here!
Shayla, the awareness does start here. I do not want anyone to go through what I and what seems all of you have also gone through. Ignorance is not bliss in this situation. I thought I was going crazy for sure, and since I use my brain for a living, it scared me even more, my mind was, is and always will be precious to me, and the thought of losing it was terrifying in itself. There is something going on that is supernatural, no doubt about it. I have been studying the scientific explanations and they do not add up. I have Ph.D's admitting it does not add up. Dr. Hufford is on the record who is the most recognized sleep paralysis expert stating that we know it is not this, nor that, so if it is not paranormal what is it? He is a victim as well, so he has spent countless hours interviewing victims and collecting data, and I hope to pick up where he left off, as that was several years back. It does not fall into the category of normal REM sleep hallucinations due to the timing and other items that I will soon be writing about. So please stay tuned, and please...please share anything that is on your mind, as the more of us, that speak out, the more investigating they will be forced into doing, or letting us know what they already know.
It is important that we find as many similarities as possible globally.
It is important to find out if people are lying on their sides or back.
It is important to know if you are in the twilight state, meaning if you are just about to fall asleep, or if you were awaken paralyzed, or if that came moments later and so forth. Was it a morning nap? These are the sort of things, other than the obvious experiences we have to look in to, to see what the similarities are all the way around. Another important point is if you were enduring any sort of trauma, the lost of a loved one, or sleep deprivation, stress, anxiety out of the norm.
I have alot to add to my ebook and web page. I only have about an hour in the web site, but it is there, so it is a beginning for victims to go and read the evidence, other victims accounts and make up there minds, but at least and most importantly know, that they are not crazy! If you guys can think of any keywords that I should use in my titles to help victims find us, let me know, because a lot of people have never heard of sleep paralysis or the old hag, so I am using night terrors, nightmares, and that sort of thing. Thanks Again!
Sherry
Shayla

Bethlehem, GA

#20 Aug 27, 2009
As far as my scenarios go, I was usually laying in a supine or upright position. I have since made sure that I no longer fall asleep that way anymore. Additionally, I have had scenarios occur both in the middle of my slumber or right before I've fallen asleep. Most times, I was not under any stress pressure or sleep deprived. As far as key words go, I found alot when I put in the words "robed figure" or "luminous robed figure" "hovering robed figure" things of that nature. Hope this is a help. I will be contributing as I think of more.

Ocala, FL

#21 Aug 27, 2009
Thank you Shayla you are a big help. You must check out my latest posting on my blog regarding the American Scientific explanation to our occurrences. It is unbelievable.

http://old-hag.blogspot.com/

It is titled NightMares, Night Terrors, Ghosts, Black Robed Figure, ParalyzedNightMares, Night Terrors, Ghosts, Black Robed Figure, Paralyzed

They openly admit that they do not know! Blows my mind, a once rare occasion effecting one out of every five people all over the world and this is how they write it off.

Ocala, FL

#22 Sep 1, 2009
Just checking in on everyone. I actually spoke with the film maker from soulsmack Sleep Paralysis your worst nightmare, supernatural assault. Really great guy. You can buy their doccumentery at their website for less than $10.00 has a lot of interviews with Professors from Harvard, Dr. Hufford, and many accounts of others suffering from a supernatural type of sleep paralysis. I also found a website unexplained mysteries that is supposed to be the largest forum in the world (according to google) anyway. I have a topix posted over there, and am getting a lot of responses, just haven't had time to update the blog or new website, but will have lots of new information by this weekend. I hope all is doing well and no one has had any occurances. Take Care
Sherry

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump Hits Clinton on Emails, Bush on Iraq (Aug '15) Nov 15 Session of Misery 4
News How to get medical marijuana in Florida Nov 14 buzzkillhankhill 1
News South Florida braces for affects of possible Ha... (Jan '10) Nov 14 gem 18
News In Florida, all eyes on Puerto Rican voters aft... Nov 13 OneWomynRiot 4
test Nov 13 usaha 1
News Schiavo remembers Bush as 'making him miserable (Mar '15) Nov 11 Unreal 9
News Jeb Bush defends brother, says George W. Bush '... (Sep '15) Nov 9 RIP 21
More from around the web