Concealed weapons program criticized

First published in tjhe South Florida Sun-Sentinel on Dec. 22, 2007 State workers have moved too slowly in rescinding the gun licenses of people arrested or convicted of crimes in many cases sampled by outside ... Full Story
Harry

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Feb 6, 2008
?
Jessica Swanson

Miami, FL

#2 Feb 6, 2008
Can I still carry my gun in the Banks? with my concealed weapons permit
Harry

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Feb 6, 2008
No you can not, nor federal buildings like the post office and there are others
Jessica Swanson wrote:

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#7 Feb 6, 2008
Jessica Swanson wrote:
Also , don't try to carry one on a military base .
I recently went to Pensacola to visit the Naval Air Museum , and the guy asked if I had any firearms . I had my semi-auto in the trunk .. Had to do some creative thinking to get onto base LOL .
Jessica Swanson

Miami, FL

#8 Feb 6, 2008
Actually a bank is not a federal building its privately owned but federally insured so I can still take my gun in the bank. :)
Harry

Kissimmee, FL

#9 Feb 7, 2008
You should check the state law on that
Jessica Swanson wrote:
Actually a bank is not a federal building its privately owned but federally insured so I can still take my gun in the bank.:)

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#10 Feb 7, 2008
Why is the Department of Agriculture in charge of CCW?

Since: Oct 07

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Feb 7, 2008
Plant Lady wrote:
Why is the Department of Agriculture in charge of CCW?
Actually the full name is

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Licensing

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Feb 7, 2008
Places YOU cannot conceal carry:

any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05

any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station

any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse

any courtroom*

any polling place

any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district

any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof

any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms

any school administration building

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*

any elementary or secondary school facility

any area technical center

any college or university facility*

inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*

any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#13 Feb 7, 2008
homepcmd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the full name is
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Licensing
Thanks HMpcMD! It was just an odd thing to me. I was trying to see the logic, but wasn't getting anywhere..lol
Lawdog

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#14 Feb 7, 2008
Taking a gun into a bank is NOT a good idea. Chances are that you will get to see the carpet much closer than you would like !!!
Jessica Swanson wrote:
Actually a bank is not a federal building its privately owned but federally insured so I can still take my gun in the bank.:)
frank

United States

#15 Feb 27, 2008
where can I get my conseal?

United States

#16 Feb 27, 2008
Lawdog wrote:
Taking a gun into a bank is NOT a good idea. Chances are that you will get to see the carpet much closer than you would like !!!
<quoted text>
And that reminds me of one time when I was at a "bank" with some who were remodeling it.

And the furniture delivery guys left the door open.

And somebody walked in. The Gen Contractor tends to carry but left his revolver in his car (why need it in a place that's closed?).

I still had mine PLUS a backup.

While trying to talk to the guy (he spoke Spanish)... the GC got "nervous" and my alarms went off by the way he moved and responded to the guy.

We got the guy out... after repeatedly telling him to leave. And that IS how I knew the GC carried... asked him about it and then told him that that I packed as well.

I've gone MANY times to MANY branches for MANY reasons... and I always carry.

You NEVER know and there IS a reason it's called concealed. THEY only SEE it when YOU need IT.
George Bill

Deerfield Beach, FL

#17 Jun 14, 2008
35 years carrying in NY and FL, and no one ever saw my weapon unless I allowed it to be seen. Even in a restaurant while removing a sports jacket, I never was approached or asked why I had a weapon. If you don't look like you aren't supposed to have one, people assume you are either allowed to, or that you are supposed to. And in upstate NY, like in Woodstock, we normally carried open, and no one thought it to be strange. You are always better off not displaying a pistol when alone, only for the possibility that someone will knock you out when you aren't looking and take your gun and cause harm with it.
Shep

Tampa, FL

#18 Aug 3, 2009
Jessica Swanson wrote:
The answer given before is incorrect. You most certainly can carry into a bank in FL with your CWP. Please consult Florida Firearms Law, Use and Ownership written by Jon H Gutmacher Esq. It's the book they give you when you take your cwp course.
Hillary

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Aug 4, 2009
I do not have a concealed weapon permit
Hillary

Fort Myers, FL

#20 Aug 5, 2009
Hillary wrote:
I do not have a concealed weapon permit
I can vouch for her, those 38's are unlicensed, she conceals them in a playtex living bra
Rockon

Wheeling, WV

#21 Mar 17, 2013
You need to check your local laws on CCP. The federal regulations have changed and some for the better. Banks are under state regulations as are places serving alcohol, parks; schools are covered under federal regulation with state restrictions as well, like you aren't even allowed in a school zone with a firearm in Wwest Virginia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Government Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 10 hr feliciano 2,976
Lindsey Graham on abortion ban: If pregnant mom... Sep 17 Does Not Compute 1
Governor Rick Scott Encourages Floridians to Ce... Sep 16 OrlandoChris 1
Political Reporter: Crist, Scott Race About Les... Sep 16 OrlandoChris 1
Florida gubernatorial candidate Wyllie was in P... Sep 15 OrlandoChris 1
Gov. Scott could spend $100 million, race with ... Sep 14 OrlandoChris 1
Charlie Crist's party switch is like no other i... Sep 13 OrlandoChris 1
•••

Florida Government People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••